• 1 Post By nalaric
  • 4 Post By theexxx
  • 4 Post By Linda Evans
  • 3 Post By couponmummy

Thread: SCOP!! Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

DD's been jonesing for this one for months. It finally became available. She was perfectly fine to pay 5.49 for it. Price on the cardboard display says 5.49 but scans at 5.99!! SCOP!! She went to pay at cosmetics and cashier refused to give it to us for free. I said that we would like to speak to the manager. She said she was the manager. Fine, can we speak to the store manager. She said no. She then said that she will serve a customer and come back to us. So we took the item and went to the regular cashier. We told her what happened at the beauty counter. She refused to give it to us for free. We told her about the SCOP law, and she said she knows how it works. It has to be recorded on the receipt, we pay, leave the store, and then come back in and say that we were charged wrong. No, that's not how SCOP works. So I said, fine, I would like to pay for it at 5.99, leave the store and come back in. She then said no, I have to check the system (probably to change the price so it scans at 5.49). Now, I am fuming for the wasted time. I heard earlier on the PA system paging Tony. So I said in a very LOUD voice, can I speak to Tony, can you call Tony?(Tony knows me). She goes to the back, comes backs, rings it in as 5.99, and then corrects it to 5.49 and then gave us the item. I tell ya, the things we go through for free items. Hope you all have less hassle than us.

Name:  P1020666.jpg
Views: 3056
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  P1020668.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  50.5 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by couponmummy; Thu, Sep 1st, 2016 at 06:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's horrible what you went through! They are trying to make it so difficult for people so they will just give up, I'm glad you stood your ground!! I would have done the same thing, but I think you should call shoppers and explain what you went through, it's not acceptable!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Aren't you from Quebec? I believe SCOP is the law there and they MUST honour it? Perhaps call the SCOP line and let them know what this location is doing. Grrrrrr that would've pissed me off too.
    toronto166, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My mom lives in Quebec, and when I tell her about all my deals and SCOP's she say's "you wouldn't be able to do that here". They always give my Mom a hard time, I always thought it was her, but maybe that's just the way it is at some stores in Quebec...
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

enjoy!
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2016 at 09:15 AM.
    toronto166 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    My mom lives in Quebec, and when I tell her about all my deals and SCOP's she say's "you wouldn't be able to do that here". They always give my Mom a hard time, I always thought it was her, but maybe that's just the way it is at some stores in Quebec...
    Stores don't want to give away stuff for free if they don't have to.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's ridiculous! I get scop a fair bit at shoppers! Never once had a hassle. One time I was doing my shopping and noticed that the bacon and eggs, which were on a weekend sale, were not priced down for the rest of the week. I told the gal stocking shelves, and she put it under the check the price scanner, and was like, wow! you're right! (duh...). So she says to me, You going to take advantage, get it for free? I said, nah, not this time. She was shocked! I don't always need to take advantage, sometimes, I'm just nice and tell them their prices are wrong
    toronto166 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

SCOP is a joke! Committee don't give a fk. They just want to make customers FEEL like they have control...but coorporations rule. Even if you have proof, it will not work.

I now do 99% of my shopping online. So screw the world.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The last time I read the SCOP terms and conditions it was a voluntary program and not a law. I was reminded of this once by a manager at SDM and simply replied that a manager of SDM cannot opt out of the program whenever it is inconvenient. It is SDM's corporate policy to honor this program and she ended up doing so. Perhaps each store is adding a term or condition similar to that of WM's coupon policy in that each store manager has ultimate discretion but not as far as I've heard.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

jesus....u would think the money was coming out of THIER pockets.....cheap bast^%$#....

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

In Quebec, it is the law and they must abide by it. If I had left empty handed, I would've reported them to the Consumer Protection Law.
    Poirot, SavvyLady and toronto166 like this.

Thread Information