User Tag List

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I am on meds since last wed for strep throat -who gets it twice in one year me -unreal
    -yesterday went to a baby shower for my mom's homecare worker her 29 year old daughter -I had the best lasagna I ever had in my life -everyone was commenting how good it was -I spent 50.00 on the bay shower gift muslim material swaddlers and a sleeper ,I also gave her one of mom's baby blankets and hooded jacket (not many people make knitted or crochet items at hsowers mind you her girlfriend made a crocheted patch squares one -it was fun to get out
    -today went to a garden centre -terra- got 30% off one shrub ,black eyed susans and a bush called sunshine blue reg 29.99 reduced for 5.00 cause it was half dead -so I took the dead bunch off and we will see what happens
    -just cooked por tenderloin ,mashed potatoes and carrots

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It's nice to just sit and catch up on the thread. I have been moving non stop since Friday. My parents party went well and if you live you SW Ontario and saw the weather forecast for Saturday then you know it's a miracle that we did not get rain. It was an out door event from 2-8 and we had 100% chance of rain and the rain did not come until after 8. Everyone had a great time but I am exhausted and back to work Monday. I did take advantage of being close to a Zehrs store and used hubby's PC offer of spend 30.00 get 3000 points for the granola bars and goldfish offers. Then when I came home we went out to use my offer of spend 75.00 get 7500 PC points. I don't recall the last time either of us had the offer much less both of us. But it was nice to get ahead with lunch stuff and frozen things for the older son for his after school snack.
    Sassy: great news about your moms job, I am sure it is a welcome relief.
    Coupon girl: I still get strep throat at my age as well, as soon as it hits the school it comes home to me and my older child also gets it at least once a year. I hope you feel better soon.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo I have taken 9 pills so far and I feel better so far -good to know I am not the only one getting strep -lol
    -watching ashlyn mon ,tue -don't have to on Monday til 12.00 as my son is on nights -my son dropped in today with his wife and ashlyn-she wasn't a good girl yesterday and when they were telling her to be better -she asked for nana -I want my nana -haha funny when I told her not to lay on the top of the stairs last week she said to me I want my momma -lol
    -daughter has 2 more days and she will be a new momma -I cant wait to see my new grandson -on Wednesday we are going with the other grandparents to Toronto for the visit to see our new grandson -so excited -I feel like it xmas in a few days when you open that great gift -lol
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    been busy here. but a good busy.
    planted some garlic. it will be ready next july. but really, such a easy crop to do. you let winter do most of the work.
    got 2 pkgs of yellow seed onions for 1.00 each. 200 sets per pkg. planted all f them . even if 75.% come up it will be a huge savings on green onions, and they only take 4 weeks, so it will be good to have some. I am trying to get the last bit of everthing out of my garden.
    picked up gr beef on the 2.88 deal ..... so happy.
    hanging laundry. very happy the ac is off.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes very happy the air is off today -giseledta
    - I also went to a garden centre today to fix up the strip of land near my driveway -got one perinnial bush for 5.00 reg 29.99 cause it was half dead -but I cut it down and lets hope it nice and blackeyed susan plant and an ornamental grass they were 30% off nice to get deals on the garden plants
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo I have taken 9 pills so far and I feel better so far -good to know I am not the only one getting strep -lol
    -watching ashlyn mon ,tue -don't have to on Monday til 12.00 as my son is on nights -my son dropped in today with his wife and ashlyn-she wasn't a good girl yesterday and when they were telling her to be better -she asked for nana -I want my nana -haha funny when I told her not to lay on the top of the stairs last week she said to me I want my momma -lol
    -daughter has 2 more days and she will be a new momma -I cant wait to see my new grandson -on Wednesday we are going with the other grandparents to Toronto for the visit to see our new grandson -so excited -I feel like it xmas in a few days when you open that great gift -lol
    I'm glad you are somewhat better - I, too, have to be careful about getting strep - as does my son.

So exciting that the grandbaby is so close - hope all goes well for your daughter.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    It is Monday and back to work, weekends go by way to quickly.

With all the excitement I forgot to mention I went shopping Friday night after work and gave No Frills a shot since I didn't want to drive 20 minutes (from work) to other stores that Price Match. This time I got a lovely cashier who was more then happy to do all my of price matches, did not fight me on any of them and it was a happy experience. For $20 I got:
    4 x Yogurt
    2 x Lettuce
    3 x Zucchini
    2 x Pasta Sauce
    1 x Acorn Squash
    and a few other things I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Since dinner is already made and in the fridge, just need to pop the Portabello in the oven and make some pasta and dress the salad I might do a little more shopping tonight to try to stock up. With all the $$$ issues we have been having lately I have worked extremely hard to make sure we come in under budget every week which is great but you can see it in my stockpile. I see some items we are missing are on sale so might run out and grab them as over the next couple of weeks we are going to start batch cooking for the freezer since we are now both working full time.

I am going to talk to my boss today since he is going to be in my home location to do interviews (a new replacement might be in the very near future I am so happy). I want to see if I can take some time off the beginning of October, my plan is to do a couple day trips with Mom since we never see each these days (which will all change with her new full time hours), do A LOT of cooking to prepare for busy season (October to December are insane for both of us at work) and get a few things done around the house before winter hits.

Well better focus and get to work have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Natalka, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm not sure if all the facts are right (as it was relayed to FIL, and what you tell him gets interpreted in his head his own way), but it seems they did find cancer in a lymph node and now they will be doing tests for the rest of the month to find out if it has spread or originates from somewhere else. The one they found is large and inoperable.

DH did some work on some forms for one of the major banks but they have not paid him in over a year. He got the job through his sister and it seems to be stuck in legal waiting for the forms to be approved. Or maybe they're using the forms now and were looking for some free work. DH is used to it in his field. We just never thought it would be from a large bank.

We received some larger extra baby items from friends like a playpen, bouncer, and a steamer, but it's completely frustrated DH. Our home is not big enough and some of the extras will have to sell quickly on kijiji. Of course, DH does not like strangers coming to the house either and it seems like a waste of effort to meet someone in a parking lot for $5. There never used to be such safety concerns. :S Now with me pregnant and a LO, it seems hard to do this sort of thing. Or maybe it just sounds daunting because I've never tried.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I brought my area heater in from the shed this morning. It is supposed to be a high of 10 today, it is damp and chili outside. Forecasting frost for tonight and low of 2 tomorrow night. I'll pick what is ripe in my garden and cover what I can. If the plants can survive these couple of nights they should have at least 1wk of decent weather to continue growing. I still have people asking to buy garden veggies from me.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Sep 12th, 2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thanks nat -yep daughter is set to have C-section at 4.30 on Tuesday -she just called and said she was up for 3 hours heartburn -so she is gonna nap this afternoon
    -off to babysit ashlyn 1 hour earlier son has headache and needs to go to bed now as he is on nights tonight - at least I got to shower and hang one load out on line -love hanging my clothing out -except the towels of course

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! I too am happy that I could turn off the A/C. Had the window open in the bedroom last night and it was wonderful and cool! Had to close the windows in the dining room when I got up this morning since it was freezing on the main level of the house! I am not complaining. And have no interest in putting the heat on till at least mid November lol.

We were smart and planned dinner last night for tonight. My honey made his famous meatloaf late last night and it is ready for me to pop in the oven as soon as I walk in the door. Then I will get the potatoes ready for mashing and make green beans. Best part means we have amazing leftovers for our work lunches tomorrow

I have a whole chicken that I have thawed that I will cook at the same time for tomorrow nights dinner

I have booked vacation days for the 3 hockey tournaments we have booked for the next few months. Have a huge credit on my credit card that I will keep adding to it so when hotel rooms are charged it is a wash!

Took cash out for the school jar (money needed for whatever needed, trips, pizza day etc) and cash for boys haircuts. I am ready!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read an article on how to get large samples by posting letters to companies. Here's the article: https://toughnickel.com/frugal-livin...Stuff-Products

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Since my Dad's assistant had a meeting at Noon and could not eat Lunch with me I decided to go online and offer a special on any clothing I am selling. I am offer Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. As well I went in and marked down a number of items. I would like to clear out some older items as I know we will have a number of new items to post in the upcoming weeks.
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We contacted the company that inspected our furnace last week. The guy who was supposed to give us a quote for the replacement of the furnace hasn't done so yet, and he is gone on holidays this entire week. The other major plumbing company in town doesn't have any openings to give us a quote until next week Tuesday. I started using the area heater this morning. PDAP might compensate us for the use of the heater.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home for lunch and had a burger that I made for the teen lol. Needed something quick and easy and didn't feel like dirty dishes from making eggs and toast! (my usual lunch go to) I have an apple and Greek yogurt at work for my afternoon snack.

Tonight I will pop dinner in the oven and organize laundry to put a load of whites on including my bed sheets! Nice cool breeze and fresh bed sheets is the making for a good nights sleep!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information