User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: SDM sucks big time since Loblaws took over

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only thing I really miss are the bonus redemptions ever 3 months or less. When was the last redemption event?
    barbis9 and sisyphe like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    They are the closest cheapest milk to home for me, and getting the bonus for buying milk each week keeps me coming back. (There is a convenience store literally across the street from me but their milk is off-date, they don't have 1%, it's more expensive...no reason to bite.) 50% of what I spend at Shoppers is basic grocery like milk, eggs, flour, coffee and 50% of that total is milk alone. I only buy when things are at rock-bottom prices and to get points back...well, they're subsidizing me.

I hope they don't change the program but my feelings are changes are upcoming for 2017.
    I usually only buy food staples too, but now that we don't drink cows milk and the Almond milk is way expensive there and the eggs have been cheaper elsewhere lately I have really stopped popping in there. I really hope with Walmarts new low prices (Eggs under $2) that SDM starts to match the price again!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SDM is way better now then before Loblaw's take over. I remember the days of having to ring up every optimum printable coupon separately and you couldn't use manufacturer's coupons with SDM printables. The printables were even rejected when an item was on sale for some cashiers. It was a very frustrating chore and turned a lot of people off. However I did manage to save some money and earn points in all that confusion from reading SC comments.
    I do a main shop once a month since the items that I'm needing are cheaper at SDM then the stores that I can walk to. With the new system I can combine the 20x promo with sales, coupons and bonus points offers along with a second receipt for any rebates. I can even combine a flyer promo like a gift card with a personalized main offer when before I had to chose either the promo or points.
    I usually shop Friday nights to double ad for weekly combos for best deals. Can't beat the lowest price with SDM personalized offers even if they are the low ones. A good money maker is Depends on sale for $13.99/14.99 with main personalized and 3500 small offer with $1-$5 manu coupon. Currently there is a Depends rebate offer too. I end up donating the free item and people think I'm great.
    You can blame me for clearing shelves if the flyer 1/2 Day Event sale is Saturday and I'm shopping Friday night.
    barbis9, nalaric, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    You can blame me for clearing shelves if the flyer 1/2 Day Event sale is Saturday and I'm shopping Friday night.
    Lol
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I hope that they will allow us to 'exchange' SDM points for PC points....I would love to be able to use my points on other foods items........there isn't enough selection at SDM for what I usually buy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    Thanks for the tip! as I hate shopping on Sat.
    Newfiescreech and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Don't get me wrong, it is still the best loyalty program out there, and I still get points and deals!! I guess I got spoiled with all the promotion, points, coupons and clearance deals in the past years that I don't find it the same!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

love shoppers program -everything changes a bit in life-it still is one of the best out there

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Depends on the personalised offers and luck. If you keep on getting crappy offers, its hard to build up points. Plus some stores have Store specific and manager special and clearance, some don't.

I barely shop at SDM, so I keep on getting good offers like 8,000 points for spending only $ 30. But I bet if I shop there a lot, these good offers will disappear.
    barbis9 and 4sure5 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you have a store with a large grocery section, with fruit and meat, it's really worth the trip. I would imagine if you have a baby they're drawing you in by the cart full.

My lament is that they always send me offers to spend $40 which I could do if those stores had parking. It's hard for me to spend $40 worth of groceries and carry it in my arms 2km round trip, on foot. They lose me as a customer in the winter for this very reason. If they put a food store closer, I'd be there all the time.

They send flyers to my house for the food store that is 4 km round trip away. No.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I still shop there and just keep my eye out for stickered items, and clearance cosmetics.
    Does anyone else miss the old Shoppers brand potato chips and peanuts, there were my favorite.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I get more points than ever lol. Sorry to those who feel that way!
    Anne, what are your tips and tricks on receiving more points? Thanks 😀

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the PC products, but my shopping has gone way down. I used to try to do all the special events, but even before PC they started having too many events, and now it's like they're e-mailing almost every day with an offer to earn more points. Meanwhile, bonus redemptions don't seem to be a thing anymore, and it's hard to find anything I want to redeem $170 for in general. I've piled up so many points I have no motivation to shop there anymore until I can find a way to redeem all these points. I really wish I would have had a chance to convert my Optimum points to PC, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Personally I find better deals and get more points since Loblaws took over. I average $60.00 worth of free stuff a month from Shoppers and rarely spend the required amount to get the bonus points thanks to manager stickers counting towards your total. With PC Plus I'm spending about $600-700 a month on groceries to get $20 bucks of groceries, in the past month at Shoppers I've spent a little over $100 and have enough points for $85 worth of stuff.
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Sun, Sep 18th, 2016 at 09:22 PM.
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I still shop there and just keep my eye out for stickered items, and clearance cosmetics.
    Does anyone else miss the old Shoppers brand potato chips and peanuts, there were my favorite.
    I remember the LIFE brand of chips and peanuts. The packaging was BLUE in colour.

The quality and price was pretty good. They often used to go on sale at half the price of brand name Pringles, Planters etc and same quality. Plus the size (gms) were also bigger than brand name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information