User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I must remember not to joke about getting up early. My Dad's assistant was teasing me I would sleep in until 5:30 today, yep 5:24 wide awake. Knew I would not fall back asleep so I got up.

The dishwasher is running right now, I am having a cup of tea and making some slight alterations to my items I am selling. I have a few sales for this week but would really like to move more out. Today I am going to count up what $$$ we have made and see how much we have. Tomorrow Mom is going to clean her room and I know there will be a TON to post once she does this.

Now that Mom is full time we are going to set a budget which will now include things we need to do around the house that we have been putting off as we just did not have the $$$ to even consider what was needed. Looks like the first thing will be either a new chair or couch for our living room. We really only need a new chair but we found a really nice apartment size chaise lounge at Costco we like so we may get rid of the chair, sell the couch and take this route instead. Honestly I have never liked our living room we have never had the right furniture in this room and it always felt cramped and over filled.

Not sure what my plan for today is yet, I have come up with a few different plans we will see which one I go with after some breakfast.

Have a wonderful Day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-already did a load of laundry and just cut the front lawn at 10.30-may hag a bit of it on line as its so windy -but we are expecting rain
    -just did some online shopping at hatley -its free shipping this weekend ladies -their clothing is so well made -got a tank for me 12.00(i find my hot flashes so bad now a night -had this darn hot flashes 9 years now )tea towel and dinosaur socks for Sebastian and owl socks for ashlyn for xmas
    Sebastian is now taking breast milk and doing great my daughter said -her husband doesnt start his new job til being of oct now -so she has him home to help (and he loves doing laundry and cooking and cleaning) wish my hubby was like that -so daughter wants me to come visit in oct for a few days -I for sure will to help her out

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well I bit the bullet this week and emptied my entire pantry. It is a large corner pantry off the kitchen, painted it and put shelf liner in and reorganized the whole thing.It took me three days but oh it is a thing of beauty. I got up this morning and turned the light on and admired it while I had my coffee...now to empty our kitchen cupboards and purge and clean.
    I bought roasts last week on sale but No Frills had a great deal on whole of of rounds for 2.87 a pound so took an organizing break yesterday and picked up 4 roasts, two for me and two for my daughter, we will cut them and vacu-seal them this afternoon, I feel I am ready for the comfort food season!!
    My nephew is getting married next weekend, a very large wedding, so we have a houseful coming next week so will try and finish my kitchen organization and do lots of big batch cooking so we can enjoy the visit. I am itching for the trees to turn a bit more so we can take a walk by the river and get some good fall photos.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat, I did see the moon last night- beautiful!

Thrifty granny, I had to smile at the mental picture of you sipping coffee and admiring your handiwork! I had a colleague who was always reminding us to celebrate our accomplishments along the way!

Today is so rainy and uncomfortable. But we have been lucky with the weather so far.

We are back at the hotel after the wedding- enjoying a little down time before the reception. The ceremony went well. Teary eyes all up and down the attendant' s line which spread to the bride as she approached. Lots of Love and care went into the hand-crafted decorations! Such a sweet couple!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have read the last few pages.

It is good to hear positive medical news from momof5boys. It doesn't happen as much as we like and is hope bringing. Sending warm wishes and continued prayers for good news.

Coupongirl congrats on a new grandson!

Today I spent 3 hours in the kitchen. Muffins for breakfast, lunch prep next week. I caught up the laundry which was another 2 hours. I am tired, but at least it has been a rainy day.

I can't wait until my children go to bed tonight. Lots of whining, fighting...etc. I even sent them to play outside in the rain.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: we still have whining and 13 and 16. Thankfully it's rare now.
    I used 60.00 of PC points today at Fortinos to stock up on chicken. They also had DHs favourite yogurt on sale. Milk too and I had a coupon which such rare thing for milk.
    I am going to try and go back to menu planning. Summer is easy with the BBQ but once fall arrives we tend to cook inside. It also keeps the furnace off longer. I am so tired of my picky eater. Now when he asks what's for dinner I reply. It won't matter you won't like it anyway. I refuse to cater to him so he trie to eat wt cereal
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo I am with you on the meal planning, now that both of us are working full time we need to be prepared. For us we need to be prepared for both lunches and dinners. I find lunches hard once the cold weather hits, a salad for lunch loses its appeal I really want something warm for lunch but nothing as heavy as a dinner.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Lilo I am with you on the meal planning, now that both of us are working full time we need to be prepared. For us we need to be prepared for both lunches and dinners. I find lunches hard once the cold weather hits, a salad for lunch loses its appeal I really want something warm for lunch but nothing as heavy as a dinner.
    For many years I have enjoyed packing supper leftovers for lunch. If you are the snacky type of person, there are a variety of healthy muffins or squares that you could bake. Mini quiches bake up nicely in muffin tins, which helps to portion them and make them travel sized. I also enjoy eating toasted bagel sandwiches for lunch, if that appeals to you or is an option.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night we attended a friend's potluck BBQ. There were 4 families in attendance. Between 3 families there were 6 children under the age of 5. I brought my baked cheese loaf and a large pan of puffed wheat squares. Dh had a bad headache, so he headed straight to bed as soon as we walked in the door. I put all of our kids to sleep by myself. I'm glad that they were pretty cooperative. Dh helped me get some sleep Friday night. I was up with baby girl earlier. It looks like I just put baby boy back to sleep in my arms and baby girl is now up again. We have family pictures at 11am and I still need to get the wrinkles, etc. out of our clothes. These pictures are with Wal-Mart's on site photography. We picked a location at a park. I bought a package in the spring, which was before they fired their manager again and their local on site photographer. Our package includes a lot of prints of one pose. I'm hoping to not spend too much extra in order to get a copy of a few additional pictures, but only time will tell.

When my truck was returned to me on Friday, I was happy to discover that they had vacuumed the inside for me. I don't want to spend $180 on detailing before I sell it privately, so I plan on cleaning it myself. I have a nice bissell carpet cleaner with cleaning wand that I plan on trying. Not sure when I will actually get the chance to do this.

edit: baby boy refused to stay asleep, but baby girl is asleep in her crib again.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 18th, 2016 at 07:50 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

A rainy morning here, which is disappointing. My son and I had a yard work date, i was doing the dog poop pick up, edging and pruning and he was going to mow.I hope it stops soon so we can get it done!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    I have been enjoying the no ac. and so has my hydro bill.
    laundry needs to go to the line today.
    and I plan on spending a good 2 hours cleaning my basement... hoping to find a few things to sell.... or donate. I need less in there.
    I am also dragging out some thanksgiving stuff.
    also planning on creating some stuff for the daycare kids.

my husband is off on a 4 day trip to the states for work. my oldest is at the new bf's. so its just me and my 2 youngest, we will have simple meals. it works well for us.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    A rainy morning here, which is disappointing. My son and I had a yard work date, i was doing the dog poop pick up, edging and pruning and he was going to mow.I hope it stops soon so we can get it done!!!
    Same here, except for doing the poop! Don't think it will get done today, bummer - it's long overdue.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^
    The sun is peaking out now and it is windy so I am thinking we will be out in the yard by noon! Kind of a crappy forecast for the week and I am itching to get it done!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all! Sunny hot day here today. Have laundry drying out on rack on hangers so will be easy to put straight away in closets. 3 more loads go!!! We prepped dinner this morning after breakfast. Pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and ceaser salad. Made bacon in oven for the salad and bacon sandwiches for Ds's school lunch the next few days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey ladies-hung 2 loads out ,then went to winners -spent 64 something got a plastic bib for baby grandson (large one with arms for when he is 2 /3 3.00 -a lovely burgundy blouse for me for fall 29.99,nice shampoo, candle 3.00, change pad 4.99 see if my daughter needs another one ,mellissa and doug stamp set for ashlyn either her birthday or xmas 9.99
    -then over to walmart -got hamburger buns for our bbq tonight -price matched gorilla glue to homehardware saved 3.00-so I wont fall down my basement stairs as the rubber seal is flipping off

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information