User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Optimum Points: The end is near

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had posted this last week in another thread as well: Within the past week, a cashier at Loblaws told me she had just heard that the Optimum program would be closing within a year. If I understood her correctly, PC Points would replace it. I asked if she knew if we'd be able to convert our Optimum points to PC points, and she said we'd have to use them up. I hope there would be an opportunity to exchange points, but I'm not going to count on it.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

^^I am glad I was able to exchange my points a few months back. PC points seem so much more versatile to me!
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm having the same hope, very hard to use all my points at SDM. LOl

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    I had posted this last week in another thread as well: Within the past week, a cashier at Loblaws told me she had just heard that the Optimum program would be closing within a year. If I understood her correctly, PC Points would replace it. I asked if she knew if we'd be able to convert our Optimum points to PC points, and she said we'd have to use them up. I hope there would be an opportunity to exchange points, but I'm not going to count on it.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope there would be an opportunity to exchange points, but I'm not going to count on it.
    Same here ... ...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm the complete opposite, I find it much more lucrative and easy to get optimum points than PC points, that's why there is something out there for everyone! I guess I don't live that close to a Superstore or no frills to take advantage, and my Independent doesn't price match and there prices are quite expensive unless something is on sale!! I still have enough for 2 redemption's, I guess I'm going to have to plan my next purchases!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The cashiers at SDM have been telling me that since news broke of Loblaws buying them, I think they just like to talk. Generally, SCers know about promos etc before cashiers.

Personally, I think SDM is torn on it, Optimum is lucrative and they have a lot of purchasing data they can use/sell to decide which products to put on sale at the same time to get people in etc but it is also more expensive than many (yes, the % of people who shop like us may be small, but even regular 20x without coupons is still a decent percentage back) and using one system would make more sense to them.

Optimum has some loyal (generally older) users who have not switched to PC Plus, either because they don't log in to load offers but will shop at SDM on a 20x day which most Loblaws banner stores do not offer decent flyer offers, especially WUS offers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I think they are going to merge Optimum and PC so that they run off the same "currency"...on the plus side, it will make it easier to earn at one store and redeem at the other.
    That's what I'm hoping for

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's possible they're making this change because they want to terminate the program soon, but isn't it also possible they're not planning to end it soon and are only making this change just to save themselves from having to extend the program every year and to stop people from freaking out when they see a specific end date?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope they keep optimum points at Shopper's ...anything good never lasts long... When I heard loblaws purchased Shopper's.. knew something fishy was going soon happen .. I work for company that loblaws purchase here in Newfoundland.. In less then one year they change everything we offer our clients ... So I don't put anything pass them .. Sorry !! Not trying to upset anyone only speaking on my own experience with loblaws company
    Ciel, dizzyb, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Oh dear. I have like a million points. I better act FAST!!!!!!
    engo, Ciel, dizzyb and 7 others like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have $600 worth of points excluding bonus redemption events...
    But now I don't know what to buy....
    I have overstock everything and prices at SDM are not so convincing any more
    lotsasavings, Ciel, dizzyb and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I think they will have to keep some kind of program going or they will lose a lot of business which store owners won't like. Let's face it their prices are very high and a lot of people only buy when on sale and points offers work out. I feel the prices are higher to pay for optimum program. If you take a way optimum all you are left with are high prices. these days people are much more price conscious so that won't work very well for them. That's only my personal opinion.that being said it wouldn't be surprising if they ditch optimum in favour of some sort of PC points program. I doubt it will be as good as optimum! Why mess with a good thing that works! Will have to wait and see!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting, Anna Michele.

Silk

P.S. This is what I get when I go that link in the notice - http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/Optimum/Legal :

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

(Disclaimer: I work at a Shoppers)

We haven't received any memos from Head Office regarding the Optimum program ending, so unless Loblaws sent a memo to their stores regarding Shoppers Optimum, I doubt that dizzyb's cashier had like, official insider info. She just heard, so that's that.

I personally love Optimum, between mine and my husband's cards, we have about $800 worth of points right now. I like that we get points for any whole $ amount, unlike PC Plus where you have to buy certain items, unless you get the elusive WUS offers. Of course, we take advantage of personalized offers, in store bonus, 20x, VIB coupons, etc to earn even more Optimum points. PC Plus, we have a grand total of 25,000 points. Haha.
    Silk, Tweets77, barbis9 and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m so upset!!!

I just logged into my SDM online and saw this all over!!! Wtf!
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information