User Tag List

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have power bars like you described . I got mine off amazon, and a friend picked hers up at home depot. I like mine.

ok. laundry hung, dishes going. yesterday I sorted some childcare stuff, found a tonne to use will save me from reprinting stuff ....lol. and I deculttered at the same time.
    today, I am going through 2 boxes of pencils ect.
    supper was at home, even though I really wanted take out. supper was better.
    tonight I go to costco. I have a list... and a squeeky budget.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I have power bars like you described . I got mine off amazon, and a friend picked hers up at home depot. I like mine.
    I looked on Amazon and the lowest priced one was $44.99 and it ships in one to three months. Is that really how much they are? I may have to start saving up and pick one up next year.... Hopefully, it will move to around $40 with tax by then.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No, Watch Canadian Tire flyers. They have deals on power bars all the time.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Beautiful day here today. Meeting my best friend for lunch!
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    No, Watch Canadian Tire flyers. They have deals on power bars all the time.
    The expense might be higher because I'm looking for a power bar with surge protector. Last year, a horrible storm fried all our electronics, including DH's Blackberry and our Mac computer. $50 is a small price to pay compared to buying a new Mac.
    Natalka, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

The power bar for my tv has surge protection, and a spot where stuff gets turned off, and spots that always stay on . things like the dvd player need to be off... but the box for cable needs to stay on....
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

we have the surge protector and it was 20.00. I know this because I just cleared out the receipt. It was on sale.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    we have the surge protector and it was 20.00. I know this because I just cleared out the receipt. It was on sale.
    Thank you, I will keep a look out! Is it the Noma brand or Woods?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

its Noma-working at home today hence the quick response
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'm tired today but had a wonderful week with our house guests! Nice to have my house back though!! stopped at Independent to grab some milk and I spied a huge turkey (grade a) for .98 a pound so picked it up, It was just a tad over 28 pounds. I like to cook huge turkeys because to me the gravy is always better and there is lots for my family to take home!! It should take about a week to defrost and then I will brine it.
    Husband and I are going to spend one last night at our cabin tomorrow, everything is put away, docks are out of the water and the boat is winterized and in storage so we will just chill and go for a walk if it doesn't rain and watch a movie.In the morning we will clean and empty the fridges and strip the beds and batten down the hatches for another winter. I need to do all the outside windows next week and clean up my flower pots and raised beds, I picked up some tulip and other spring bulbs to plant so must do that soon too. Hope everyone has a frugal and fun weekend!!

Plus one on the Jan Sport back packs, they are awesome!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Sep 30th, 2016 at 04:09 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I totally organized and cleaned up the front hall and closet. Now it looks like you are actually walking into someone's home.

I prepped for supper as DH went to Chatham to visit his sister and bil and mum. He'll be pooped when he gets back. I thawed some chicken breasts and am marinating them in the remains of sweet pickle juice and lemon juice. I cut up the cauliflower that I bought on the clearance rack yesterday. A few bits went into a bag of veggie bits that I am keeping to make some soup.
    I also got some 50% off lemon chicken rice. So that will round out supper. I may drizzle some honey on the chicken before I roast it.

I got mango spears for 50% off yesterday too and had them for a snack yesterday and today.

Talk later. Have a good weekend!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. went to costco tonight. spent under my budget. freezer is full . got a large roast. cut it into 2 large roasts, and 2 pkgs of beef cubes. did a very basic shop.

spent the am with the kids sortingout markers ect. sent a donation over to the before and after school program. My friend runs it and she has no supplies.

all in all a pretty good day.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Another cheap and healthy supper at home tonight. Soft tacos. Ground bison (free from my dad), cherry tomatoes (from my garden) sour cream (paid to take home from Air Miles offers), grated cheese (cheap from sale), taco seasoning ($0.30 for 1/2 packet from Air Miles offer), healthy soft taco shells (Air Miles offer), and a glass of milk.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 30th, 2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well just starting to feel a little bit better -still on meds -sent hubby to walmart for granola bars ,popcorn and a bit of fruit -no price matching for him as I don't want to complicate (how can he go wrong going to walmart right?)thank goodness I stockpile and this is when it helps when I cant go out -I don't want to wear myself out -but later this afternoon I may get him to drive me to marks and the bay -need to return a few items and that will be my outing

-hubby just got back and only spent 14.88-.50 =14.38 from checkout51 for the bananas-mind you he bought 2 pkgs of cookies -forgot his tin of cashew nuts even thou I wrote it out -oh well love him for helping out as last night he said "no treats are in the house "lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 1st, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad you are feeling better, coupon girl! You are smart to pace yourself.

"Doors Open London" is on today and tomorrow. A great chance to see some sites for free. Also fall festivals. It's chilly and damp, though, but hey- that's October for you!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread Information