User Tag List

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

UKIP's Farage arrives to teach Trump debating skills ahead of next two debates

Nigel Farage flew to the US last night to coach Donald Trump ahead of his next presidential debate with Hillary Clinton.
    The former Ukip leader will give the Republican nominee tips on how to defeat Mrs Clinton ahead of their second meeting in eight days' time.
    And Mr Farage – praised for his debating skills during the EU referendum campaign – will also offer help in the build-up to the final clash, which is on October 19.
    Mr Farage has been brought in at the last minute after the first debate in New York earlier this week gave Democrat Mrs Clinton a boost in the polls. Republican advisers were said to have been frustrated by Mr Trump's performance and vowed to prepare him more rigorously.

Allies admitted they had pushed him to change his preparation and tactics, and sources said Mr Farage was expected to help with this. Mr Farage triumphed over Nick Clegg on a television debate on Europe in April 2014.
    An instant poll found 69 per cent of viewers thought Mr Farage had won, as he lashed out at big business and wealthy landowners.
    Then in June this year – in the days leading up to the EU referendum vote – then-prime minister David Cameron refused to debate with him, agreeing only to appear on the same programme.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

NY Times leaks trump's tax records....I hope this is the nail in his presidential bid coffin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us...axes.html?_r=0
    Poirot, walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Can this political group get the Amish to vote for Trump?

The Amish are a conservative, Christian group of people who don't watch TV, drive cars or use the internet - and they don't typically vote in national elections. A group of Donald Trump supporters is hoping to change that.
    "You have to imagine what it would be like if you had never seen a Trump tweet, if you'd never seen him debate, if you had never watched a rally on YouTube, if you were learning about Trump essentially for the first time," says Ben Walters, the Washington-based fundraising director of Amish Pac, a political action committee dedicated to getting the Amish to vote for Trump.
    "That's basically the situation we're in - where we are introducing Trump to the last pocket of voters who really don't know who he is."
    One of the locations Amish Pac is focusing on is Berlin, Ohio, the heart of the state's Amish community, where people claim to know little about Mr Trump, although quite a few know he is a billionaire.
    On a recent Friday night, Berlin's main street was packed with horse-drawn buggies and Amish families lining the streets to enjoy a free bluegrass concert and a passing truck parade. The older generation spoke amongst themselves in "Pennsylvania Dutch", a German dialect passed down from ancestors who came here from Europe.

The Amish are exempt from paying some taxes, and they don't receive Social Security or disability benefits from the government. Because of that, many people think the Amish aren't eligible to vote. They can vote, but they often choose not to exercise that right.
    "I guess we'll leave it up to God," John Erb says, when asked why he and other Amish rarely vote.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Love Andy..but he's a satire blogger.
    i thought it was pretty darn funny! a little fun post.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    NY Times leaks trump's tax records....I hope this is the nail in his presidential bid coffin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us...axes.html?_r=0
    Why would that be a nail in his coffin? Because he lost money? You do know the government doesn't require you to pay tax on money you lose right? Would that make any sense?

You know it's called INCOME tax for a reaon, right?

I honestly don't know if this obtuse act of the left is just an act, or is the sad state of who they actually are.
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 01:39 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Why would that be a nail in his coffin? Because he lost money? You do know the government doesn't require you to pay tax on money you lose right? Would that make any sense?

You know it's called INCOME tax for a reaon, right?

I honestly don't know if this obtuse act of the left is just an act, or is the sad state of who they actually are.
    So Trump lost nearly a billion dollars* running his own business and you think he'd be good at running the government?

(*...in real estate, when the real estate market was surging upwards in a boom time)

Would that make any sense?
    Last edited by lecale; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 12:19 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    So Trump lost nearly a billion dollars* running his own business and you think he'd be good at running the government?

(*...in real estate, when the real estate market was surging upwards in a boom time)

Would that make any sense?

well, Mr Trump thinks the 2008 building market crash was GOOD for his personal business..
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    well, Mr Trump thinks the 2008 building market crash was GOOD for his personal business..
    It's amazing that during a boom time when everybody (but Trump apparently) was making money, that he bombed so large.

A BILLION dollars in losses.

He keeps threatening to sue the NYT for publishing his tax returns, but all signs point to Marla Maples being the one that released them. There is a sign here tag pointing to her signature on the forms, and of course it is perfectly legal for her to release what was also her own tax return, so Trump doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

The New York Attorney General has just sent a Cease and Desist letter to the Trump Foundation for operating without proper certification. Shut them down!

You know, because they are crooked, but in a real, illegal way, not in a conspiracy theory kind of way.

Trump may have to pay back the charity millions.

LMAO!!!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The New York Attorney General has just sent a Cease and Desist letter to the Trump Foundation for operating without proper certification. Shut them down!

You know, because they are crooked, but in a real, illegal way, not in a conspiracy theory kind of way.

Trump may have to pay back the charity millions.

LMAO!!!

lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trump Military Suicides happen to service members "who can't handle it"

Donald Trump suggested Monday that American soldiers and veterans who commit suicide do so because they can't handle the post-traumatic stress of war."When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over and you're strong and you can handle it but a lot of people can't handle it. They see horror stories, they see events you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it," Trump said Monday, during a panel interview at the Retired American Warriors PAC, in Herndon,Virginia. Trump's surrogates said the Republican nominee's comments were taken out of context, and blamed the media for construing his words.
    Trump adviser and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn accused the media reporting on Trump's comments of, acting as " the propaganda arm of Hillary Clinton."
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trump Train

Name:  Ct3-lv0UMAAj36Z.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  26.3 KB
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trump Train
    It was only a matter of time until he imploded!! The wait was longer than I had anticipated, but it's done, and that's that.
    Here are some memorable recent quotes by that a$$:

On how a Trump rally is like a drug

"Right now, you say to your wife: 'Let's go to a movie after Trump.' But you won't do that because you'll be so high and so excited that no movie is going to satisfy you, OK? No movie. You know why? Honestly? Because they don't make movies like they used to, is that right?"

On what else he could be doing

"I could be doing the 'Apprentice' right now. Somehow, and I loved it -- 14 seasons. How good was that? Tremendous success. They wanted to extend. I could be doing the 'Apprentice' now. Somehow I think this is a little bit more important. Do we agree? Just a little bit? ... I didn't need to do this, folks. This is tough work."
    Really? He "could be doing" that show right now?
    There's mendacity for you!
    He was fired!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-officially-fired-from-the-celebrity-apprentice/

On what Clinton is, where she should be and who's protecting her

"She could be crazy. She could actually be crazy."
    *mine: now THAT'S a classy presidential thing to say!!
    "She should be in prison."
    "She's being totally protected by The New York Times and The Washington Post and all of the media and CNN — Clinton News Network, which nobody is watching anyways so what difference does it make."
    *I think I mentioned that he hated the Washington Post??!!

On Clinton's 'stamina'

"Here's a woman who's supposed to fight Putin... (Crowd: "Lock her up! Lock her up!") ... Everything she has done has been bad ... She has been a disaster. But here's a woman, she's supposed to fight all these different things, but she can't make it 15 feet to her car. Give me a break."

Oh, and rudy guiliani:
    Donald Trump surrogate Rudolph Giuliani suggested the Republican presidential nominee is a better fit for the White House "than a woman." *Misogynist just a little perhaps?!

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 09:05 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thankful for short Canadian campaigns.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Thankful for short Canadian campaigns.
    squees..Patty's back..tackle hug!
    @Patty Smyth .
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information