User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Crappy personal offers. What do you do?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So lately my personal offers SUUUUCK! Stuff I just don't buy, or will never buy! I get a lot of cosmetic offers for high end cosmetics. I don't even wear make up!!! Occ. I put on mascara and lip gloss but that's it 😒 if I stop loading them will that work? Ugh so annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never load anything that I won't ever use. You can trick the system by changing your gender and age. My shopping buddy gets a lot of frozen, junk and convenience foods because he is a young male. This week he got pop, chips, licorice and bread offers. He never gets baby offers even though I got him to sign up for VIB and get the great deals from that. He gets a lot of mailed out hygiene samples like shampoo and soap.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Sat, Oct 29th, 2016 at 01:39 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, samm07 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes stop loading. When I was having major problems with my PC Plus points missing every single shop, I spoke to a rep on the phone and they told me if I hate the offers to not loado them. If you load them the machine assumes that you like them. I'm guessing since SDM is the same company now that they use a similar theory

I wonder if the high end cosmetics is a general offer used as advertising. A lot of their stores under renovation are adding more cosmetics space so they seem to be pushing that
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 10:53 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and samm07 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I agree, don't load them and don't shop at SDM at all when you have the crappy offers. I have had at least 4 months of them so I stopped loading the offers and was only in a SDM twice in that time. Today I finally have a few that I can use so I loaded only those.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I only got three offers this week at all like thanks.... I'm a jamberry rep so don't need the nail stuff. I don't use cosmetics and I don't generally buy store brand stuff I know I can get free with coupons ugh

barbis9, Ciel and luckbealady like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I bought a box of Halloween candy last week and now my weekly offer and Monday offer are both for candy. Meanwhile I actually need some practical household stuff, grrr!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just keep buying your usual items and toss in something different. Watch offers change. My personal offers have been more miss than hit. I do like to check items on clearance shelves-that might help to change future offers if you buy something different than usual (pressing need for stationery or Stylize accessories or PC food products?)

I was going to visit SDM today but forget the shopping money when I went for a walk. Tomorrow is a day away-will visit then.
    barbis9 and samm07 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Samm07, you have company as I received the same three offers this week. And to make me feel even more special there wasn't a Monday offer to load. Argh!!!! I might have to start considering Rexall for a bit and see if my offers improve. Happy Halloween everyone.
    barbis9, samm07 and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I never buy the same things there. So it's weird my offers keep sucking. I'll see how it goes I just did two shops on the same day for some random stuff so maybe. My issue with these offers and the way they choose them is that I don't shop like normal people, I don't buy the same thing every week. If something is on sale for a great price I'll buy a crap ton of them. So say soup at no frills was $1 (usually $2 and it's one I like) so I bought 15 (store limit) and that's how j shop. So I bought 9 pads tis week at shoppers, 8 bags of chips, etc. So next week if I get a Kotex offer or a chip offer its just pointless. Because I don't need more. It's annoying lol. But I guess that's my own fault for buying stuff this way

barbis9 and Davelikes2save like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

the regular offers are on its only is bad . so I always wait for the Monday, Wed and Friday offers. just check and got monday offer for 8000 wub$40 combine with regular offer of 10x wub $30. get my contact lens solution on 10 x kotex

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I only got three offers this week at all like thanks.... I'm a jamberry rep so don't need the nail stuff. I don't use cosmetics and I don't generally buy store brand stuff I know I can get free with coupons ugh

These are the crappy ones that I got. Just three disappointed.
    ROMEO, samm07, luckbealady and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I posted in another thread that my offer have been horrible lately, since my local Shopper's is a smaller store and does not have the variety so for me to shop at Shopper's I have to travel at least 15 minutes (really not big deal) but if the offers do not justify it I don't go.

As well my phone broke for the second time in under a month and went in for service and I am horrible for logging on online so I did not load for 3 weeks this time and last time was 2 weeks.

This week my offers are WAY better for Shopper's.
    barbis9 and Davelikes2save like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Beware rexall their prices are SO expensive! It is actually my closest pharmacy but I go out of my way to go to shoppers because items are often 2 or 3 dollars more at rexall. That adds up fast

Quote Originally Posted by Davelikes2save View Post
    Samm07, you have company as I received the same three offers this week. And to make me feel even more special there wasn't a Monday offer to load. Argh!!!! I might have to start considering Rexall for a bit and see if my offers improve. Happy Halloween everyone.
    barbis9, Poirot and Davelikes2save like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

i also don't load offers I don't like and I don't shop at SDM unless there's a decent offer or a good deal - their prices are too high. I went about a month without buying a thing then did 2 promos in a week - but they were for smaller thresholds (less thant $50). For me 20x points is still the minimum I expect and I rarely buy for less than that. But since bonus redemptions are happening less frequently now, I don't jump at those offers like I used to.

Silk
    ROMEO and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Rexall flyer sales are good otherwise I find them more expensive. It pays to comparison shop. I use an app on my ipad that allows you to search flyers for the best deal. I have tried to post it on this site but it gets automatically removed.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 07:59 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information