User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to November 2016 Frugal Chatter addition

All welcome

This thread is for sharing frugal living by various means, budgeting, encouragement and advice.

Enjoy
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, YOU AND ME, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, it was a frugal Hallowe'en night - only half as many kids came as last year, so I won't have to buy more chocolate for a while...

Have a great day, everyone - and a wonderful start to the month!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It seems like every year we get fewer and fewer kids for Halloween but I think part of that might be the change in our complex. There are no longer a lot of kids living here, we used to see early would be insane as everyone would meet up at our complex but now there are less and less.

Although is it just me or is Halloween in general changing, just saying the number of kids who are not dressed up at all or the costume is a Hockey Jersey and nothing else surprises me. When we were kids it felt like we went all out, I was lucky and had a family who sewed and would make my costumes but even friends who did not have this would still get dressed up. Even then yes kids wore hockey jerseys as costumes but had their faces painted or hockey masks just seems a little sad I guess.

Good news was with few kids I was able to get some stuff done at home last night. First loaf of bread has been processed into crumbs, another loaf toasted to be turned into crumbs tonight. A few dishes done (didn't get them all done as the kids started coming). Also the chicken did not get packaged but Mom said she would do that today before.

Well better get back to work now that I finally got my computer to connect. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Happy November 1st! A new month and new goals!

#1 Finish entrance closet. This week we will sand where we put putty. Paint it. Put shelf up that I have (the one I took down but it is going back in higher) Then figure out my next step!

#2 Christmas shopping. Get the last few things on my list so I can start wrapping! Planning on going to the city and doing a SDM redemption so that should help!

#3 Stop grocery shopping. Really only buy the fresh stuff this month. Go through pantry etc and toss expired stuff, donate other stuff that we will not use. Use up stuff.

#4 Keep posting stuff for sale. Save money in jar for "2017 Summer fun" Have $24 to start it from this weeks sales

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hydro One customers-rates remain the same for the three periods. As it is now Nov.1, we are on Winter Time of Use rotation. So weekday mornings 7-11am and 5-7pm are your peak/$$periods. 11am-5pm is mid-peak (want to use the wind today to dry washing) and 7pm-7am is the off-peak (save your money) period.
    http://www.hydroone.com/OurCompany/N...ityprices.aspx

Food Basics had an assortment of vegetables marked down so peppers x 3 plus 79 organic bananas and $1.29 avocados (smallx6)were bought. Top Dogs are on special for $2.48-lovely as I had already used up the coupon last week elsewhere. Was able to use $1 off coupon on Kellogg's Nourish cereal ($3.99 sale) at Fortinos.

Laptop battery ran down prior to midnight, so I did not know the good news that Unifor and Ford Canada reached a tentative agreement-. It's 2016 and age of the Internet could talks not have reached the same outcome say right after Thanksgiving? Then everyone would have been relaxed last night rather than waiting on media updates. Let's see how the union members vote on the agreement.

Might venture to Homesense to see if the desired flannel set is in. I'd love to go through Sears to get two sheets and use the online code to save 20% but I've no online payment. Likely will see if local Sears stocks the Whole Home items and time my purchase with a flyer deal.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Hello ladies

I haven't been on much my computer bit the dust so am using my ipod it's really hard on the eyes.My sil is looking for a laptop for me has a friend who works for a computer co.,so will see

My wrist is really hurting latelý especially when the weather is bad not looking forward to winter.I'm leaving for Florida in a week for 12 days and can hardly wait,good news is have the money saved up.I think in the last 10 mths since i broke my wrist i've spent $800 mostly on food and odd and ends

Well off to grab some lunch and nice cup of tea
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Hello ladies

I haven't been on much my computer bit the dust so am using my ipod it's really hard on the eyes.My sil is looking for a laptop for me has a friend who works for a computer co.,so will see

My wrist is really hurting latelý especially when the weather is bad not looking forward to winter.I'm leaving for Florida in a week for 12 days and can hardly wait,good news is have the money saved up.I think in the last 10 mths since i broke my wrist i've spent $800 mostly on food and odd and ends

Well off to grab some lunch and nice cup of tea
    Is this your free cruise you are talking about, geez so sorry to hear about your wrist still hurting, have you gotten any follow up appointments
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    It seems like every year we get fewer and fewer kids for Halloween but I think part of that might be the change in our complex. There are no longer a lot of kids living here, we used to see early would be insane as everyone would meet up at our complex but now there are less and less.

Although is it just me or is Halloween in general changing, just saying the number of kids who are not dressed up at all or the costume is a Hockey Jersey and nothing else surprises me. When we were kids it felt like we went all out, I was lucky and had a family who sewed and would make my costumes but even friends who did not have this would still get dressed up. Even then yes kids wore hockey jerseys as costumes but had their faces painted or hockey masks just seems a little sad I guess.

Good news was with few kids I was able to get some stuff done at home last night. First loaf of bread has been processed into crumbs, another loaf toasted to be turned into crumbs tonight. A few dishes done (didn't get them all done as the kids started coming). Also the chicken did not get packaged but Mom said she would do that today before.

Well better get back to work now that I finally got my computer to connect. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    I agree re the costumes, however, I truly think that the financial times have changed and people just can afford buying expensive costumes so they go in whatever they have access to, is my belief.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy November all,

Wishing everyone a frugal & productive month.

I picked up $200 amazon.ca from pc today using my pc poi have to wait 24 hours before using to ensure the codes are active. It's killing me, haha, as items in my basket have increased in prices in the last 2 days. The reason why I am waiting is the full da is because the last time I didn't and my cards were voided I had to with the store owner to get them replaced so not taking any chances BUT I'll be honest NOW I'm always nervous.

I got my sample pack, I'm putting away the 2 dog food for the dog's Christmas gifts, free is free and I normally get them something so this is a bonus.

Wishing everyone a fantastic evening.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy November all,

Wishing everyone a frugal & productive month.

I picked up $200 amazon.ca for XMAS shopping, I used my pc plus points and now have to wait 24 hours before using to ensure the codes are active. It's killing me, haha, as items in my basket have increased in prices in the last 2 days. The reason why I am waiting is the full day is because the last time as was not told about the waiting 24 hours and my gift cards were voided. I had to fight with the store owner to get them replaced so not taking any chances BUT I'll be honest NOW I'm always nervous.

I got my sample pack, I'm putting away the 2 dog food for the dog's Christmas gifts, free is free and I normally get them something so this is a bonus.

Wishing everyone a fantastic evening.
    Ciel likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Juicing the last of the pears with blackberries I've pulled from the freezer. Will be glad when this is done but happy to have the surplus.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think I'll ask sibling to order me the desired flannel sheet (notice the singular request, not 2 sheets-I want a new one at very least. Made do with someone's old sheet last winter.). When I told Mom what two would cost, she was not keen on the nearly $60 before taxes outlook. So will see if sibling will indulge and apply the online code (and save the COD fee if he uses CC-I'd pay him in cash) to get the sheet. Will ask.

Trekked to Homesense (no Lameirinho flannel; several patterned ones available in Queen/King sets; few options in Double), Marshalls and Winners Meadowlands (Tommy Hilfiger blue toned print flannel sets are made in Portugal). My mind wants a solid pastel--almost a needle in haystack situation. Recycled two print cartridges at Staples (yay) and got 17 bonus AM at Sobeys-had 7AM offer for Robin Hood Oats (on sale for $2.49-YES) and I bought two Rudolph Bavarian multigrain loaves at $2.49 each to score 10AM. Coke Cherry and Life were on sale for $1.79(until Nov.10)-got the Cherry bevvie (throat was dry). Try the cooler opposite the hot prepared foods counter.

Noticed that Sobeys has Sprite Cranberry Lemon Lime soda cases (12s) in stock. Coke Life 12 can cases have two prices-the regular shelf spot on bottom shows $6.49 but if you buy 2 or more, they are $5.69 each. Head up to the north end cap facing ice cream/breakfast freezers-the sign for the same cases says $3.69 each, limit 4, expires Nov.3-go figure. I did not yield to temptation as my cart was at home.

Saw two coupon pads-one in Meat section for ready made bacon bits (save 50 cents wub 1 pouch of Kraft Oscar Meyer Real Bacon bits 85g-price is about $2.99 or so-May 31, 2017 exp.) and one in jams/breakfast aisle (save $1 on the purchase of any 1 Smuckers product (jam, jelly or fruit spread 390ml or above; exp. Dec. 31, 2016).

Found my $2 off Schneiders Red Hots coupon in my other coat pocket-oh, I thought I had used it. Will save it for Thurs. trip to Fortinos (product is on sale for $3.69 in current flyer).

Merged my October budgets last night so it's done. Impressed that I had $25.20 in refunds/deposits: 1 x $5 SCOP refund, 1 x $5 bill find, $15.20 in coins and can returns. Somehow that is hard to believe but since I used the debit card at least twice for impulse special buys, I guess I really did find money to bring bank account up/buy bags (23 cents spent in Oct-record low, under the 50 cents budget). That's a good month. I'm usually fortunate to get $9-$10/month. I have to tally what my imaginary savings fund should have in coupons & e-gc redemptions have for 10months. Unfunded liability at this point!

The other fund I ought to have but do not is a shoe fund. Come January, I'll need to be considering where the next pair of walking shoes will come from. The old Saucony shoes are showing signs of soles and uppers coming apart at front toe areas-want to get a second week of walking in, then I'll concede they are for the bin next week. The upside will be that the old shoes will be gone! (insert happy dance). Need to look for a pair that Mom will want to wear but she can do DSW, not I.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I agree re the costumes, however, I truly think that the financial times have changed and people just can afford buying expensive costumes so they go in whatever they have access to, is my belief.
    While Value Village was staying open until 10pm (per my visit to local store 2 weeks ago), current sales promotion is for saving on used and new costumes-different discounts. I'm waiting for a clothing sale; a family friend gave me her donation card so I can get 25% off of next shirt or pants if I find something before the next 50% off sale.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Well my teen paid me back in full last night for money he borrowed end of summer. Woo hoo! Shopping spree? lol

Left the house with a clean kitchen. I put away all the dishes that were drying on the counter.

Cleaned the shower after DS finished. Love keeping up on it!!

Tonight I will give the bathrooms a once over. Sort laundry and get it ready to wash. Thinking of taking all to Laundromat tomorrow and wash and dry and then home to put all away! Great way to start the weekend!

My honey and I have free tickets to see "the cable guy" I think he is called on Friday night. Comedian. Will have a free dinner with our comps as well. He wanted to get a room and make a night of it but the cheap rooms are sold out and if we have to drive to town to get one then me may as well just drive home. Another night!

Have a great day everyone!
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar Not sure if you noticed the upcoming deal at SDM- SDM and PC pts deal (since I know you love to collect both)

Buy $200 in Gift cards at SDM and receive 8000 SDM points. Use your PC MC and receive 3x the PC PTS. If you don't need gift cards you could buy GC's to use for gas (that's what I do- For Canadian Tire- then I collect CT $ on my gas purchase )
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information