User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Angela, no you cannot redeem for Gift Cards, below is from Shopper's website

28. Shoppers Optimum Points may not be redeemed towards the purchase of the following products/services: prescription drugs, products containing codeine, gift cards and prepaid card products, wireless phone cards, stamps, Post Office stamps and merchandise, passport photos, tickets provided by Ticket Ops or any other event ticket provider, cigarettes and tobacco (where sold), lottery tickets, bus tickets and passes, delivery charges (where applicable), bill payments (where accepted), bottle deposits/returns, charitable donations, gift with purchases and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to add or delete products and services eligible for Shoppers Optimum Points redemption at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice.
    Thanks, it might sound odd to some people on SC, but I have never redeemed Optimum points. I'll see what the sales are in this week's flyer. I'm also open to trading them. I know that the points are worth more if you redeem them at a higher level. I'm not sure where to find the SC thread to help me figure out the trade value of the Optimum points.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had a great PC Plus offer of 7500 points when you spend 75.00. I like Fortinos meat and we were out of chicken. I also bought some beef as I had the 200 points for beef. I spent 100.00 and used 70000 points and earned 14000 back. I also submitted the receipt to CO 51 for 6.00 as they had Lavazza coffee on sale and it's my favourite.
    I love PC plus.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well son told us not to worry about picking up ashlyn from daycare so went to the mall to return a few items -too small for the grandkids -so 21.00 back
    -so got a tea infusor as mine broke this morning 4.50 on clearance after 10% cpn in flyer at sears
    -got a lovely alia beige top 27.11 saved 6.00 from the 20% off cpn -found out sears has a points card from a lady in front of me in line -gee it started last year and I have shopped there 3 times now -nobody asked if I had one so picked up a card -but didn't get points on todays purchase as it doesn't count towards clearance ( I think she said 1,000 points =10.00 off)may take forever but I like all points cards
    -my daughter-in-law 's sister and hubby called her baby girl Judith -gee different names like it thou
    -then son called and asked us to pick up ashlyn as he was stuck on the way home from toronto for 3 hours -accident on the highway
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Nov 5th, 2016 at 06:54 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, I found out the Sears Rewards card does not give points on clearance items-the employees always say the items are final sale at the cash area.

Not a good year for motorcyclists on the highways the past few months.

About the Persil scent-after two splashes of the other detergent and a lengthy airing outside, the shower curtain smells like it had scented fabric softener used on it. Day two and still scented.

Noticed that some Samsung washing machines have a recall-excessive vibration or tops that come off? http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...60872r-eng.php

Something about today is making me eat cookies like a Cookie Monster. My second batch of cookies might not last into Sunday at this rate.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well this will not be a frugal week, my brother in law passed away this morning, I will be leaving for Ottawa and staying for a week or two, damned cancer.
    lilo0003 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very sorry to hear that, thriftygranny, my condolences.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thriftygranny -so sorry about your brother-in-law ,hard this time of year

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Haven't been very productive these last few days, something is up with my left hip/leg and back - so I have lots of trouble moving. Massage helps, but even with pain killers it's really slow going.
    Husband is ill with a lung infection - hoping he gets better quickly.
    So we are a pretty sad pair... but still hold up one another!

Just finished the shopping list for the week ahead, not sure how much we will get to - some things will be necessary, others are just wants.

Hoping you all have a good Caturday!

barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thriftygranny so sorry for you loss
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela I only redeemed for the first time a few years ago. At the time $$$$ was a huge issue but Christmas was coming so although I probably did not get the best bang for my buck I got a ton of treats for Christmas. I was able to get all Candies, Chocolates & Chips for all of the stocking and although I know on a few items I paid a little more then I would have watching sales and shopping else where the way I looked at it as free money and I did not need to find the money somewhere else in my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thanks, it might sound odd to some people on SC, but I have never redeemed Optimum points. I'll see what the sales are in this week's flyer. I'm also open to trading them. I know that the points are worth more if you redeem them at a higher level. I'm not sure where to find the SC thread to help me figure out the trade value of the Optimum points.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well this will not be a frugal week, my brother in law passed away this morning, I will be leaving for Ottawa and staying for a week or two, damned cancer.
    Oh, dear thriftygranny, what sad news! My condelences to you and your DH on the passing of your brother-in-law.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thank you for the condolences, I truly appreciate it.
    I feel so bad for my sister, they were inseparable, and it happened so fast, in July they were in Italy running a marathon together and by August he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. I have lost two people to esophegeal cancer in the last couple of months. I am so glad all of the siblings are going to Ottawa, it has been 40 years since we have all been together at the same time
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. We got lots done today. Cleaning in house, yard work etc. Oil changed in snowblower. My mom is going away on vacation and gave me a bag of veggies/yogurt etc. I would have happily got Chinese tonight (free from selling extra free tickets from show last ight) but my honey is whipping up a wonderful smelling pasta dinner with the veggies and chicken etc. He is amazing! Think I will treat him to a blizzard tonight.

I was officially out of dishwasher tabs after the PC plus free haul from when they started the program. Was taking advantage of new rebate offer and found $4 coupons at RCSS!!! Totally stocking up and sending to all the mailing addresses I can use
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all-had a fun day at daughter/hubby and Sebastian -my he is getting bigger 2 months on Tuesday -my daughter and her hubby made a lovely brunch eggs ,blueberries pancakes and potato's cut up in olive oil in oven -yumm son /wife and ashlyn came to see Sebastian too
    we stayed til 4.30-so for supper hubby and I ate English muffin and hot chocolate -we were full from big lunch
    -free shipping at bodyshop -so got my daughter a 15.00 giftset Satsuma is her favourite
    -my daughter ordered a Melissa and doug tool set for Sebastian from pampers -good for when he is older

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thriftygranny-I too am very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother in law. I am sure your sister will very much appreciate you coming for the service.
    Natalka-I really hope you are feeling better soon.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information