User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning; Happy Sunday!

Well, I am better - at least, things have shifted - you know how that happens when you are favouring one side of your body, the other one seems to bear the brunt...
    Husband had an awful evening - gosh, sure hope that's better for him today. At least he ate decently yesterday, something which he hadn't been doing.

barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm up with sick twin baby boy. They all still have the cold, coughing, sinus congestion, and runny nose. I started coming down with it on Friday, I mostly just have sinus congestion at this point. I'll be done my mastitis antibiotics in a couple of days.

I have someone coming to buy something from me on Thursday for $35, they live out of town.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy SUNDAY! Guess I should get up and go Christmas shopping. 1st stop coffee!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Natalka hope your Husband has a better day
    Angela hope your household feels better, this year already seems bad for colds and flues
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was actually able to get quite a bit done yesterday. Mom was closing and there hours are now later so she was around longer in the morning so I got a late start.

I got half of the laundry done, the other half will be done today.
    I made a ton of Wontons (might be my new obsession) I made Spinach Ricotta, Cheesecake, and Cookie Dough Cheesecake, they are in the freezer to be packaged today.
    I packaged up the Chicken Wontons that were in the freezer as well as some muffins Mom made and froze
    Cleaned the Kitchen
    Made a French Toast Bake which is in the over now (it has to sit overnight)

I am trying to use up some of the things we have accumulated in the freezer outside of our normal stockpile. I used a Raisin Bread loaf we had to make the French Toast Bake. Used a half package of Spinach I found for the Wontons.

Today I am going to do the second half of the laundry and do some cooking. As of right now my plan is to make a Beef Stew, Homemade Pizza Sauce, Rice and Prep for a couple of dinners this week so I can toss them together quick. I have to find out Mom's schedule before I decide which meal we will have which day.

Well my cup of tea is almost gone so I better get going with my to do list. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night I found a package of cinnamon raisin bagels at 50% discount at Walmart-Mom & I had three toasted last night with some delicious tea. No Live Better magazine in the store. Rather like that the cash checkouts have two conveyor belts. For the cashiers, no more bending and lifting bags from the other setup.

Longos Ancaster has Kotex Lightdays liners (64s) on special at $3.49 until Dec. 1. That made me smile (and buy!), as the only other sale price for the product that I've noticed is $3.99 at Rexall this week. Also used the Astro 0% Yogurt FPC on the family tub (less to carry). Noticed that there is a small collection of Halloween treats in the back hallway (between seafood freezers and hot dog cooler) opposite the milk pitchers. Orange marshmallow pumpkin candies-$1.97; candy corn is $2.97 with Tootsies at $4.97 and Twizzlers assorted boxes at $7.97. Only reason I took notice of the candies is that the rack next to the candies had small cans of what I thought were pizza sauce cans. They were Hunts tomato sauce cans on sale for 44 cents. The Black Diamond stringable cheesepacks (16s) are in a refrigerated endcap at front of store-price is $5.97 so got one package (quick protein snack idea).

Shoppers has the 250ml Nivea Creme tins on sale for $7.99 (one of the several Nivea items at that price). I was able to use 2 of the $2 off Nivea Creme coupons (1 from Nivea sample mailing, 1 from this week's coupon insert) with my purchase.

This week, I would really like to make a pasta casserole or a salad that involves quinoa (there's a package 2/3 full that only I seem to be using and so I'd like it to be gone by month's end). The Minute Rice is down to about 4 cups' worth-I am finding it a cinch to put in a chicken bouillion cube into the 2 cups of boiling water, some dried herbs or seasonings (don't recommend using crushed red pepper flakes as they are too much given the seasonings in the bouillion-lesson I learned) then 2 cups of rice. Handy to have flavoured rice for a quick meal or in the fridge for future use.

Glad I had peeled and chopped carrots last week as I found the sticks very appealing to eat. Might not have enough to make a batch of cream of carrot soup since I waited too long. The bananas I bought last night will be used to make muffins. A package of reduced price artichokes has been in the crisper too long. Have to see how I can cook them so they can be enjoyed today. Should I find small jars of artichoke hearts on sale again, I'll get two to use as pizza toppings as Mom said they were tasty the last time I made a veggie pizza with them.

Another sunny and chilly day here in Hamilton area. Must enjoy the walk-worthy weather and last of leaves on trees before Mother Nature sweeps the lingerers with the wind. Fresh air is delightful when you can choose to indulge in it! Have a pleasant Standard Time Sunday everyone!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Nov 6th, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TG: I am so sorry to hear of your brother in laws passing. This is why being frugal is good, because as soon as a crisis hits hopefully you can throw frugality out the door and do what you need to do and be with your family.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Hello ladies

I haven't been on much my computer bit the dust so am using my ipod it's really hard on the eyes.My sil is looking for a laptop for me has a friend who works for a computer co.,so will see

My wrist is really hurting latelý especially when the weather is bad not looking forward to winter.I'm leaving for Florida in a week for 12 days and can hardly wait,good news is have the money saved up.I think in the last 10 mths since i broke my wrist i've spent $800 mostly on food and odd and ends

Well off to grab some lunch and nice cup of tea
    I ended up buying a tensor wrist brace for my wrist 3 weeks ago because where i cracked it last summer has been acting up and making the rest of my arm ache.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I agree re the costumes, however, I truly think that the financial times have changed and people just can afford buying expensive costumes so they go in whatever they have access to, is my belief.
    I think so of it is....kids dont want to decide until a couple days before and once they do decide its too kate to make or buy the elaborate ones(i know our boys put it off much to my frustration or they change their mind after we've ordered and received costumes)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We ordered an entire pig cut and wrapped last week for $400 to be delivered in late November. Awesome price compared to price per pound locally...and it will be delivered to us for $60 (a trip to pick it up ourselves would be about 140)

My new neice will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and i still haven't been able to make the 14 hr each way drive to meet her *cry*

We are going to Peace River (not frugal) next weekend to finish our Christmas shopping as thats the only childless weekend together off until Christmas. We have it mostly done just need stockibg stuff, a couple small gifts for the boys and gifts for each other i think.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans, Mom's schedule this week is all flipped around so I am going to cook everything and leave it in the fridge for an as you need it grab it type of meals this week.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat and angela -hope you and your families are feeling better soon
    -one load dried on line the other is in the dryer-saved a bit
    -supper was bbq hamburgers beans and fries -wow haven't had a bbq since sept so it was nice
    -tomorrow babysit ashlyn and go to the dentist (cleaning) hubby gets to watch ashlyn for an hour and a half for me inbetween his bus run -hope she doesn't have a potty accident
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold my truck for cash this afternoon. I got just a bit less than I wanted, but Dh and I are both happy. I got double what I was offered for it as a trade-in. I'll deposit the cash into my bank account tomorrow morning. I have been doing my regular can payment and a lump sum payment once a month. I'll use some of this money for next month's payment onto the principle.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got a fair bit accomplished today so I am happy.

All laundry is done folded and put away
    Kitchen is Clean
    I cooked the following and is in the fridge for what whenever we want/need it this week:
    Beef Stew
    Egg Roll Stir Fry
    Rice
    Apple Cake

I used up various veggies from the fridge that needed to be used for the Egg Roll Stir fry, Mushrooms, Cabbage, Celery. Also used a package of Ground Pork from the freezer (not sure how but some how we ended up with a large stockpile). As well used up some apples that were about to go bad for the cake so all and all good day for using things up.

Now I just need to go get food ready for tomorrow and can lay down and watch a movie until bed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ive been considering a vitrine for holding my yarn... it appeals to me however i cannot justify the 599 for the one i liked....loved. so today after our oldest finished cleaning out the big shelves in his room to be removed for hus new bed i moved the shelves to my craft room and filled them with my yarn...then i advertised the dresser the yarn was in on facebook tonight as well as several "packs" of yarn. I did a variety bag of finished project wool never gonna use again or one off wools that came from a friend or thrift storebuy. I did to factory bags of wool that's sat for 5 years and some fancy ribbon wool i love but have never found the "right" project for. And some knitting needles i ordered a set of 15 or 18 to get a certain size because it was cheaper than ordering just one set. So far ive made 35 dollars and had the stuff picked up and 2 sales pending tomorrow evening.

We ordered pizza tonight because the boys have been fantastic this weekend

barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information