User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did not spend any money today.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twin baby boy has coughed until he puked, once a day for the last 3 days. I guess I'll see of I can get all my kids in to see the doctor.

Dh and I went out to a movie last night. We saw "Doctor Strange". It was a good movie, but it is clearly a setup movie for additional movies.

edit: he has already thrown up 3 times this morning/last night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela hope your little one feels better
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

For some reason every time I "reply with quote" my space bar doesn't' work..weird.

Lilo you are so right about being frugal and having the funds you need when an emergency comes up.

I have a question for anyone that is familiar with the via train connections in Toronto. I have decided to extend my trip to Ottawa and will be taking the train from Ottawa to Waterloo. I have a connection in Toronto and I have 25 minutes to switch trains. Is this enough time for a lady to lug a large suitcase and a carry on to make my connection?? Just don't want to be the crazy old lady running with all my luggage to make my connection!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    For some reason every time I "reply with quote" my space bar doesn't' work..weird.

Lilo you are so right about being frugal and having the funds you need when an emergency comes up.

I have a question for anyone that is familiar with the via train connections in Toronto. I have decided to extend my trip to Ottawa and will be taking the train from Ottawa to Waterloo. I have a connection in Toronto and I have 25 minutes to switch trains. Is this enough time for a lady to lug a large suitcase and a carry on to make my connection?? Just don't want to be the crazy old lady running with all my luggage to make my connection!!
    You should be ok as you are transferring VIA trains and there is staff around to ask. Union Station is under construction at the moment so I would be more concerned if you were transferring from VIA to GO train - than you might be running from one end to another. Just to be on the safe side I would call VIA and express your concern about the ongoing construction at Toronto Union station and they can advised you better. I hope you have a good trip.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks so much Barbis!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Our twin baby boy has coughed until he puked, once a day for the last 3 days. I guess I'll see of I can get all my kids in to see the doctor.

edit: he has already thrown up 3 times this morning/last night.
    LO has been doing something similar, although I think it has more to do with panic. She's never woken up completely conscious in the middle of the night before. If she finds that the door is closed, lights off, and all is quiet, it sounds like she starts panicking because she's congested. Anyways, throwing up isn't far behind unless I can get to her within a minute to calm her down. She's made some scary choking sounds as though she can't breathe, but calms down quickly, which is why I think it's all panic.

Quite scary! I think mine was in your position last week. You have company in Ontario during these late nights.

My computer does that as well. Try moving your cursor to just after the quote and then start typing. Later, before posting, go to the beginning of the post and press enter/return a few times to separate your post from the quote. I don't know why it's doing that....

It's been a long time since I took the train from Toronto to Waterloo, but I think it should be possible. The trains will be in the same area, so at most, you will have to get off, take the stairs, and cross to the other side of the platform to get on the new one. Just make sure you have all your things packed before you arrive in Toronto (put away all your reading materials, etc.) so when you stop, just grab the carry on and go.

Depending on the time of day, you may not have time to stand in line for coffee or a snack, so pack a drink with you. As barbis9 said, as long as you are staying with VIA and not switching modes of transportation, the platforms are clearly marked (try to see the signs as the train is slowing, look up and around before entering the stairwell) and you can probably see the next connection from where you disembark. Toronto is not Europe so there will be plenty of people around if you need assistance or directions and the station isn't too big that it's overwhelming (though it is much bigger than Ottawa's station!). Enjoy your visit!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny so sorry for the loss of your brother in law.

Afternoon all,

I am nervous and excited I have a highly recommended carpenter coming over at 5pm to have a look at various projects that we want finished and new projects done. Dh just can't do it anymore as he needs the whole weekend to recover. Since we bank all of dh's pays it's adding up quite nicely. While the man is here I will give him the low down on want I would like done and then see price wise where we stand as there are tons of other things we want to get done BUT we are so over incurring debt. We prefer to save up and get things done as we have the $.

Dh is truck is getting a new alternator (not frugal), however, the funds are set aside so it's not so bad.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.

Hoping all those that are unwell a speedy recovery.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Angela and Sweet Sparrow, sick babies and little ones are so stressful. My youngest has a congenital heart defect and had a surgery on his aortic valve at two months old, he was sick every other week with colds/flu until he was 12 or 13. The level of worry is crazy when they are so little even when they are otherwise healthy. I hope they are both feeling better soon.

Thanks for the VIA information SS, I haven't been to Toronto in over 40 years!!!! I wish the trip was on a more positive note but I am looking forward to seeing lots of family. I am going to Waterloo to visit my almost 93 year old aunt who still lives on her own and is nailing it. Her energy and youthfulness is unbelievable.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Angela and Sweet Sparrow, sick babies and little ones are so stressful. My youngest has a congenital heart defect and had a surgery on his aortic valve at two months old, he was sick every other week with colds/flu until he was 12 or 13. The level of worry is crazy when they are so little even when they are otherwise healthy. I hope they are both feeling better soon.

Thanks for the VIA information SS, I haven't been to Toronto in over 40 years!!!! I wish the trip was on a more positive note but I am looking forward to seeing lots of family. I am going to Waterloo to visit my almost 93 year old aunt who still lives on her own and is nailing it. Her energy and youthfulness is unbelievable.
    I have an Aunt like that! She is late 80"s. Drove by her house on weekend and she was raking leaves

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This became a gong show. I couldn't get all of my kids in to our regular doctor this week, so we went to a different clinic. The doctor was late. By the time we picked up the prescriptions the clinic was closed and unable to fix their mistakes. The pharmacy only received 3 of the 5 prescriptions. Big boy has tonsillitis and bronchitis. Baby girl has tonsillitis. Baby boy has bronchitis, which is causing him to cough until he pukes. Nebulizer for the bronchitis. Antibiotics fir the tonsillitis. Missing preschription for nebulizer machine and missing prescription for big boy's antibiotics. She asked for their weights so that they would get the right dose, but then some prescriptions didn't arrive. Now we'll have to go back to the pharmacy tomorrow, after this gets sorted out.

I deposited the money from selling my truck. Cancelled the plates and package policy on my truck. Renewed my package policy on my van. Bought a few groceries from No Frills and Sobeys. I was asked to volunteer at the bingo tonight, but I declined.

My mom just asked us yesterday if she can send my 15yr old brother for a visit. STC bus trips are $20 each way for the entire month of November. So my brother will arrive Thursday night and head home on Monday. He'll be attending his first big Remembrance Day ceremony with us.

edit: We ordered a large Domino's pizza for $14.50. I also stopped at Wal-Mart, which is right next door. I returned something and bought 4 bags of Old Dutch chips for $9 - $3 peelie. While at Wal-Mart I received a call from Sobeys, they received our son's prescription, so I picked it up on our way home.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 09:40 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hubby watched ashlyn today for an hour and a half while I went to dentist she was great for him -even went in the toilet
    -got my gap pkg of xmas clothing for the grandkids and I got myself a softspun t-shirt grey -so soft love the material worth the 12.00 reg 19.99-slowely getting a few new clothing in my closet -yes I am so happy
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just found out about a Domino's Pizza Reward Program.

Earn 10 points for every online order of $10 or more

Get a Free Medium 2-Topping pizza when you get 60 points

Special members-only discounts and bonus offers

Members can track past purchases, earned points, and redeemed points
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273 - so very sorry about your kids being so sick - hoping they all have a speedy recovery.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information