User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: General Mills Cereals - FREE Movie offer is back - Starting October 2,2016

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Have quite a few BOGO codes if anyone is interested PM me!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, amangx and dededi like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

delete
    Last edited by rg74; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Delete

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by rg74; Mon, Nov 7th, 2016 at 07:30 AM. Reason: double post

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I would appreciate a B1G1 Cineplex if anyone has an extra one. Want to take my son to a movie tomorrow. Please pm me. Thanks in advance.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Theatres and Hollywood are trying to rip you off by hardly having any regular shows.

They are mostly having IMAX, D-Box, 3D , Ultra AVX shows.

So I am trying to book a regular movie, as this GM cereal code only allows regular movies for free . For other's you have to pay the difference. There is only 1 regular show that too at an inconvenient time of 3.00 pm during the day !

Rest of the shows are 3D, IMAX, D-Box, Ultra AVX etc, so forcing you to pay more and upgrade, irrespective of whether you want to see the movie in 3D or not.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rg74 View Post
    Hi, I would appreciate a B1G1 Cineplex if anyone has an extra one. Want to take my son to a movie tomorrow. Please pm me. Thanks in advance.
    November is FREE movies, not B1G1 if you use the cereal codes. The code is same, but depending on the month its Free or B1G1.

If you use the granola bars Nature Valley codes its B1G1 free, but you need 2 codes for that.
    Lavender Lady likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks a lot!! Might as well buy cereal tomorrow 😊

QUOTE=tjthemanto;6705405]November is FREE movies, not B1G1 if you use the cereal codes. The code is same, but depending on the month its Free or B1G1.

If you use the granola bars Nature Valley codes its B1G1 free, but you need 2 codes for that.[/QUOTE]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ Make sure you buy cereals with Adult tickets on them. Some have Child tickets on them.

Adult can be used for child, but not vice versa.

Movies can be watched only Sunday to Thursday, Friday and Saturday you can't use them.

Regular movies only are Free. For 3D, IMAX etc you have to pay the difference.

I watched a 3D movie, so I had to pay $ 3 extra. Regular movie was $ 13 and 3D was $ 16, so I paid $ 3 to watch a $ 16 - 3D movie, pretty good . Regular would have been Free though
    sweetmomma likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Sobeys has Nature Valley granola bars for $ 1.99 , so you need 2 boxes for 1 movie PIN.

For $ 3.98 you can get a movie PIN plus 2 boxes of granola bars.

Honestly I like granola bars, more than some $ 5 cereal, which I barely eat.
    sweetmomma likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Sobeys has Nature Valley granola bars for $ 1.99 , so you need 2 boxes for 1 movie PIN.

For $ 3.98 you can get a movie PIN plus 2 boxes of granola bars.

Honestly I like granola bars, more than some $ 5 cereal, which I barely eat.
    Granola bar pins are not eligible for free movie tkts. , only for buy one get one free.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I am looking for B1G1 free pins if anyone has some to trade please send me a message. Thanks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

1. Freshco has them advertised for $ 3.49 , front page of their flyer. ( http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/upload...anuary-4-1.jpg )

2. Sobeys has them for $ 3.99 advertised in their ON flyer. Hard to find these boxes, so PM anywhere where they have the codes on the boxes. Very poorly run promo this year, very limited supply.

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/uploads/pages/72457/freshco-flyer-december-29-to-january-4-1.jpg

Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    1. Freshco has them advertised for $ 3.49 , front page of their flyer. ( http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/upload...anuary-4-1.jpg )

2. Sobeys has them for $ 3.99 advertised in their ON flyer. Hard to find these boxes, so PM anywhere where they have the codes on the boxes. Very poorly run promo this year, very limited supply.

http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/uploads/pages/72457/freshco-flyer-december-29-to-january-4-1.jpg
    I'm sure you noticed this already, but the box-art image on both flyers DOES NOT indicate they include the movie promotion and I'm not surprised.

This promo kicked off in the summer. It was heavily advertised in early September, a month AHEAD of the vouchers usability dates (Which spanned from Oct-Jan). In fact, the original ads mentioned that it was a "limited time offer" and "while supplies last".

For what it's worth, I had no problem finding as many marked boxes as I wanted... within a reasonable period of time. Can I find them today? No, but I'm not expecting to be able to either. However, I was easily able to find several boxes in September and into November. At that point the supply volume peaked, and I began to see fewer and fewer into November. (I recall looking for them on the Nov.11 weekend and finding very few -- some, but few). -- But that is completely to be expected. The retail supply of the product wasnt intended to last the entire lifetime of the vouchers that were attached.

This is a VERY common practise among similar promotions where a time-sensitive offer is included. It's intentional so that there isnt over-stock still on shelves when the offer has expired (or nearing expiration) enticing people to buy the product with a promotion that may otherwise be invalid. Also consider that the agreement between General Mills and Cineplex most likely limited the number of vouchers that would be distributed. ("while supplies last")

Add to that, the promotion itself promotes accelerated sales. (I wouldnt have bought Cheerios in this volume any other time of the year (I bought 10 boxes between Sept.1 and Nov.12)... I'm sure there are others like me.) Most likely they expected this, but calculated a worst-case scenario, meaning if they sold them at the same rate as non-promo periods, that they would probably have run out right about now (Dec.30th) -- However they would more likely expect the higher sales volumes (or else why the promotion?), but to additionally ensure that there wasn't any surplus come January.

Since the vouchers expire next month, it would be wholly reasonable to expect that the promotional boxes wouldnt be available to purchase anymore. You'd be better to check the budget/discount/liquidation type stores at this point (eg. Giant Tiger) as they often obtain surplus packages late in the promotions. (I recall finding makred Hamburger-Helper boxes about this time last year for $1 at Giant Tiger)

As for identifying this promo as 'poorly run' -- you realize that they arent actually promoting the offer anymore, right? There are no advertisements any longer, and no promises or suggestions that they are still available for purchase. (as noted: the flyers aren't showing the box-art with the promo on them). -- In fact, I think the last time I saw any type of ad for them was back in mid November.
    ROMEO, Suzieq1974 and cope like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information