User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My friend went to Domino's to get a pizza for supper-maybe she knows of the reward program!

$1.05 for 1L of gas meant I was able to cut more than 1/2 the lawn today and basically mulch some leaves too. Cut lawn-very exciting after 4 weeks (don't ask about the 5wk uncut grass in back-I got some cut but my back wants a vacation). Flannel sheet set obtained (shelf tag was clearance priced at $24.93, scanned at checkout at $19.93-score!) at Cdn Tire this afternoon-ready for the cold nights now! Did some grocery shopping tonight-local Shoppers had a Twinings herbal variety pack for $1.99 (20 bags of tea-YES) and I found out the store is clearing out until Nov. 18 the Meltonian leather boot/shoe polishes ($4.49, about $1 less that reg. price) so got a neutral polish and a navy blue -will try blending the two to get a tone similar to boots (I used an existing neutral polish on the boots tonight). There were 4 colours of polish in stock: black, neutral, navy blue and medium brown. Not certain if there is a gray jar or not. I'll miss the products as going to a department shoe store is very hit and miss in shoe care products (or even colour choices)-even shoe stores tend to pastes or sprays or sponge products, not cream jars. Shoppers still has the Schweppes 12 can cran rasp ginger ale for $3.49 until Nov. 11 so put your $2 coupons from earlier purchases to use! I did use one coupon tonight. Found a coconut oil product (Spectrum) with a $1 off peelie coupon so bought it at Fortinos (in Natural Health section).

I want to use the 6pk of lemons (reduced produce $1.99) to use in a lemon loaf and maybe some cooking dishes. Will zest them all tomorrow. Bought watercress-read that it has some health benefits for eyes and such. Not sure how thrilled I'll be about flavour but will give it a couple of tries to see what is tastiest. Found a small Napa cabbage-to chop for snacking. Should see if there is one dish I can use in too,just for sake of variety.

There's one spot in a certain parking lot where I've been finding a dime (twice); tonight it was a nickel. Thank you!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela, Pizza promos can be great. We have a Pizzaville here (which also happens to be the best pizza in town, I was sold at real bacon) and all online orders over $10 you get a stamp, 7 Stamps (I think, can't remember off the top of my head) and you get a free large Pizza.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what is up but for over a week I have felt like I am getting something, good news is it has not developed into anything but I am feeling extremely worn down. I also think I am getting an infection, I have been using natural remedies to try to knock this down but it causing me to be more worn down. Needless to say it is only Tuesday but it already feels like a long week.

With that being said I am still trying to get a few things done at home each night to keep things moving along. I would really like to reclaim our living room by Christmas. Last night I got some boxes and recycling out of the house, did the dishes and picked up a few things that were just dropped in the front hallway. Not a lot but it is something.

Well better get at this pile of papers on my desk that seems to be growing.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Dinner last night was meatloaf! My man makes a mean one lol. Best part? Leftovers for my lunch today at work!
    Tonight DS has volleyball, then a fun night at the local boys club which includes dinner. I will get going on the laundry! And just have eggs and toast for dinner, something simple.

Off to clean up the budget from my weekend shopping. Used lots of giftcards so shouldn't be too bad. Oh and have a water/sewer bill to pay, fun stuff!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kind of annoyed right now. I text all of my siblings, half bro gf and cousin (need to know what cousin, his wife and little girl would like) asking what everyone wanted for Christmas and if they wanted gift cards to supply a few different options for stores. Not one person has answered and I have a feeling none of them will answer. So guess this means I get to choose and they just get to deal.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well this morning decided to go thru my clothing got rid of a few tops ,few jeans -old stuff wow now I am down to 2 pairs of jeans ,need to hit thrift shops up in time -it feels good had to reorder the gap t-shirt as mine was a rolled sleeve top and only one side was rolled couldn't cut it as it wasn't a thread and I would have put a whole in it ,so called and they have one left in stock -so reordered at the sale price -they have such great customer service at the gap
    -hung a load out lets see if it dries before the rain comes tonight

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Kind of annoyed right now. I text all of my siblings, half bro gf and cousin (need to know what cousin, his wife and little girl would like) asking what everyone wanted for Christmas and if they wanted gift cards to supply a few different options for stores. Not one person has answered and I have a feeling none of them will answer. So guess this means I get to choose and they just get to deal.
    I think it may be time to pick names.... Really what is the point of stressing out and then just getting gift cards for everyone? It's like trading money for something/somewhere you may not shop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My Dad's side of the family would rotate names of adults to buy for, not actually random, with a $50 limit. This eventually ended because most people wanted gift cards. The year I asked for a sweater it was not even close to my style. The gifts for nieces and nephews showed definite favouritism, myself and my two siblings were clearly not the favourites. I enjoy baking and making sweets, so I often prefer to bring goodies with me, which became a lot harder to do once I finished university and moved away from family. Some people can make things more difficult and take some of the fun out of it.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley I agree don't stress over gcs, it's really not worth it.

I would rather skip the whole gc gifting and not even bother as I find it disappointing. Big deal someone opens $ designated to a specific retailer (gc), you never know what they purchase (unless you ask) and they don't really have a gift just a piece of plastic (unless you add a token gift). Not meaning to offend anyone, we all have our preferences.

The contractor came last night we showed him 3 projects we want done (new powder room downstairs, 2nd project removing dinning room wall and installing balusters open concept and thirdly the entryway). He said he would send out a breakdown quote by the end of the weekend. It will give us an idea as to what or how many projects we can take on shortly, he comes highly recommended so I'm excited once again about renos.

I have chicken breast thawing for supper, menu plan is working awesome.

Wishing everyone a fantastic afternoon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you feel that someone is worthy of a gift of air, I suggest one of the gummy pops boxes from Sears (aka Great Finds at the checkout line. I succumbed and bought the Dr. Pepper treats-box has a small packet of 26 pops and the rest is air-for $2. I wanted a snack and no I could not tell that the candy tasted like Dr. Pepper. There are Orange Crush and Grape Crush flavours too.
    Personally, I'd suggest you set aside some $ for the trip next Feb and do smaller gifts for the group or better yet, drop some folks and treat others.

The tights I purchased today are in the Sears flyer for $6.97. I was told the item is final sale. I did not have my Sears Reward card but no matter, there would not have been any points. So I guess the tiny flyer print about "#excludes 97 cents price endings" is code for final sale items. At this stage, treat any items in the flyer as potential final sale items. Love what you buy or move along. I feel better for having spent 10min considering which pairs to buy given the lack of sizing for each colour or type of tights. Will try DSW for their tights selection so there are pairs for winter.

Some areas of Sears have fewer fixtures or empty wall spaces. Handbags are piled up on too few fixtures. You can roll a bowling ball in some departments or a bocce ball in others. I am predicting the store will move along by March 31, if not Jan.31. Just as Fairweather is doing-it has a store closing sale at Lime Ridge.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If you feel that someone is worthy of a gift of air, I suggest one of the gummy pops boxes from Sears (aka Great Finds at the checkout line. I succumbed and bought the Dr. Pepper treats-box has a small packet of 26 pops and the rest is air-for $2. I wanted a snack and no I could not tell that the candy tasted like Dr. Pepper. There are Orange Crush and Grape Crush flavours too.
    Personally, I'd suggest you set aside some $ for the trip next Feb and do smaller gifts for the group or better yet, drop some folks and treat others.

The tights I purchased today are in the Sears flyer for $6.97. I was told the item is final sale. I did not have my Sears Reward card but no matter, there would not have been any points. So I guess the tiny flyer print about "#excludes 97 cents price endings" is code for final sale items. At this stage, treat any items in the flyer as potential final sale items. Love what you buy or move along. I feel better for having spent 10min considering which pairs to buy given the lack of sizing for each colour or type of tights. Will try DSW for their tights selection so there are pairs for winter.

Some areas of Sears have fewer fixtures or empty wall spaces. Handbags are piled up on too few fixtures. You can roll a bowling ball in some departments or a bocce ball in others. I am predicting the store will move along by March 31, if not Jan.31. Just as Fairweather is doing-it has a store closing sale at Lime Ridge.
    Usually "under wear" are always final sale. Underwear, bras, pantyhose etc
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Busy night carting kids here and there, but then a 2 hour break/house to myself Doesn't happen often!
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Feeling very pleased with myself. I have lost about 25 pounds since the past winter and my coat is huge,but I had saved one from years ago before kids and it will work just fine. I have been slowly reducing my wardrobe. So it was nice to fine the hiding in a closet.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Feeling very pleased with myself. I have lost about 25 pounds since the past winter and my coat is huge,but I had saved one from years ago before kids and it will work just fine. I have been slowly reducing my wardrobe. So it was nice to fine the hiding in a closet.
    Congratualations! That is awesome news. It is interesting how a person's wardrobe changes when you lose weight. I have a box of summer clothes and a box of too big clothes in my bedroom, which is waiting to be taken out to our shed. I currently have 2 pairs of jeans that fit me pretty well, but are still comfortable. I now weight what I did when I graduated high school over a decade ago.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Need to pick up a few things shopping - like tissues - we have been redistributing them from box to box throughout the house, it's kind of funny... Usually have a stockpile of at least six, but not now.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information