User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning
    -having son/daughter-in-law and ashlyn over for nice roast beef supper bought a larger one about a month ago for 11.80 at fortinos on sale and got points with it ,with mashed potatoes ,corn ,carrots steamed and gravy -son said he hasn't had a good meal in awhile so here I am to the rescue -lol -love to have the kids over now and then for supper
    -this day light saving time change is not helping me everyday waking up at 5.00 which use to be 6.00 a.m so at least I am getting washing done on the cheaper scale
    -got my burgundy top in from the gap lovely for 22.00 fits nice has a nice lace insert set in sleeve and lace insert across the chest -I am happy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have loaded the washer with towels but will wait until 11am to run the load (after getting the new Food & Drink issue at 10am). Considering a trip to Burlington as there are two books I want from the library and if possible, a quick look at the redone Sears store at Mapleview Mall (to see their tight selection for last day of sale-must say, I don't want to lose possiblity of finding a navy pair on sale). Sorry, no time time to meander at Ikea.

Seems the US President-elect is Mr. Trump. Should be a boon for Canadian tourism if the famous people who want to leave the US look north of the border to Canada for residency.

Since doing an online look at women's retailer websites for gloves, I've compiled a list of brands to look for at Value Village (say, I should visit the Burlington location!) should I happen to notice them on the racks. I did try to get a hand into a Club Rochelier leather glove (at Sears-completely by chance as that display is not in same area as rest of winter accessories) the XL must be a size 8.5-did not get my larger hand even half into the glove.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did buy 2x 2L pop at Rexall on the way home from the mall, as I changed buses. With the Air Miles card, the cost was 99 cents per bottle. If you need pop and are near Rexall, stock up by Thursday.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Happy hump day. 2 days of work left for me this week then DS and I are off to Stratford Friday morning for the weekend! Hockey Hockey! Breakfast is included so that saves me bringing so much food. Will just pack snacks and drinks etc (water bottles to refill at arena for me )

Tonight is laundry night! I have so much to do since it has been 2 weeks tomorrow since I have done any. DS pulled sport pants out of the closet this morning with tags on them asking if he could wear them lol. I had just been so on top of it he hasn't needed them yet. I was borrowing sport socks from my oldest! Will be happy to get at it tonight

Lunch today- I made a beautiful spinach salad. (bought the Dole pack on for $2 at No Frills) Will make another one for my lunch tomorrow too. I boiled 6 eggs and cooked 1/2 a package of bacon this morning so it will be easy to make in the morning. I made the youngest a Bacon/cheese/spinach toasted sandwich for his lunch.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh has an appointment in Regina today, so I am sending him to SDM. I wrote the list on a small envelope and put the coupons, card, and cash inside. I will submit the receipt to CO51 tonight. I plan on trying to trade away the remaining points. I'm supposed to earn bonus points for the box of Pampers Easy Ups, but we'll see how this all turns out at the end of the day.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh cat got injured. He should be able to heal ok at home, but I need to keep the babies away from him. Part of the problem is that his favourite spot is on the back of our couch and both of the babies can climb up there to get him. I've made him a box in the kitchen with a nice blanket, but he doesn't want to stay there. This cat was adopted and is now 10.5yrs old.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 congrats on the weight loss, it's not easy
    @coupon girl sounds like you are building a very nice wardrobe at a reasaonable price
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's a good thing that I stayed home and didn't go to Regina with Dh. The lady that was supposed to come tomorrow messaged me and came today. She had her days mixed up and doesn't live in town. $35 in my hand for my single stroller that we bought new and only used for our son. It was in awesome shape and always stored indoors.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Some areas of Sears have fewer fixtures or empty wall spaces. Handbags are piled up on too few fixtures. You can roll a bowling ball in some departments or a bocce ball in others. I am predicting the store will move along by March 31, if not Jan.31. Just as Fairweather is doing-it has a store closing sale at Lime Ridge.
    Sears is planning on renovating a lot of it's Canadian stores so you will see old stock reduced and bare walls. Mapleview mall location is currently renovating and it looks competely different than before. I was able to pick up a few deals. I hope Sears stays in Canada because I hate Walmart and The Bay is too expensive for me.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Nov 9th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I have loaded the washer with towels but will wait until 11am to run the load (after getting the new Food & Drink issue at 10am). Considering a trip to Burlington as there are two books I want from the library and if possible, a quick look at the redone Sears store at Mapleview Mall (to see their tight selection for last day of sale-must say, I don't want to lose possiblity of finding a navy pair on sale). Sorry, no time time to meander at Ikea.

Seems the US President-elect is Mr. Trump. Should be a boon for Canadian tourism if the famous people who want to leave the US look north of the border to Canada for residency.

Since doing an online look at women's retailer websites for gloves, I've compiled a list of brands to look for at Value Village (say, I should visit the Burlington location!) should I happen to notice them on the racks. I did try to get a hand into a Club Rochelier leather glove (at Sears-completely by chance as that display is not in same area as rest of winter accessories) the XL must be a size 8.5-did not get my larger hand even half into the glove.
    Did you know that you can request a book from the Burlington library through inter-branch loan? I have requested books from the Oakville library which come to my local Burlington branch.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My Dad's side of the family would rotate names of adults to buy for, not actually random, with a $50 limit. This eventually ended because most people wanted gift cards. The year I asked for a sweater it was not even close to my style. The gifts for nieces and nephews showed definite favouritism, myself and my two siblings were clearly not the favourites. I enjoy baking and making sweets, so I often prefer to bring goodies with me, which became a lot harder to do once I finished university and moved away from family. Some people can make things more difficult and take some of the fun out of it.
    if you enjoy baking I would do that and send it in a small box instead of gift cards. I really love personalized gifts over gift cards any day. You mentioned that you have moved away since university so now might be a good time to trim your gift giving list.....just a thought.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    if you enjoy baking I would do that and send it in a small box instead of gift cards. I really love personalized gifts over gift cards any day. You mentioned that you have moved away since university so now might be a good time to trim your gift giving list.....just a thought.
    Yeah, our gift giving list has gotten pretty short. We tend to send Christmas cards with family pictures. There are a lot of people who have not met our children, especially the twins.

We a friend and his wife that usually give us a queen sized fleece blanket for Christmas. They know that we might not reciprocate presents. We purchased a brand new hot water heater for them about a year ago because their hot water heater had been leaking for months and was rotting their floor. They just had to get it installed. They say they will pay us back, but I'm not expecting them too. It was something that they needed and we were able to help them in a time of need.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Nov 9th, 2016 at 02:56 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have not had any good experiences with Sears. I stopped shopping there about 10 years ago.

They have a policy for clothing & footwear for children if they outwear they will replace, well yes they do but the hassle it just not worth it for me. I had purchased both my kids 2 & 4 boots and because they were so young they didn't really use them, they fell apart after 2 months, they did not want to replace them, I had to excalate to the store manager who said they would replace only once. Well about 1 month later the boots fell apart again, I told them when given the replacement the boots were not properly glued and the seams looked like they would fall apart. I went back with my new receipt for replacement and was told no they would not replace the boots.

Another time dh purchased Levis jeans and they would not exchange for a larger size, they still had the tags on and receipt but they said they would not exchange them because it had been 15 days.

Adults are having yummy spaghetti with meatsauce it smells so good enough leftovers for dh for the next 2 lunches. The boys are having Flamingo chicken wings as they don't like spaghetti.
    I haven't made spaghetti in over 6 months, MIL used to make spaghetti 1 to 2 times a week so dh is really turned off of spaghetti. MIL still makes spaghetti 1 time a week to this day, I guess they must really enjoy it.
    @Frugalbigmama do you know if Loblaws banner stores sells ebay.ca gift cards????? I've never looked but thought you or others may know.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have not had any good experiences with Sears. I stopped shopping there about 10 years ago.

They have a policy for clothing & footwear for children if they outwear they will replace, well yes they do but the hassle it just not worth it for me. I had purchased both my kids 2 & 4 boots and because they were so young they didn't really use them, they fell apart after 2 months, they did not want to replace them, I had to excalate to the store manager who said they would replace only once. Well about 1 month later the boots fell apart again, I told them when given the replacement the boots were not properly glued and the seams looked like they would fall apart. I went back with my new receipt for replacement and was told no they would not replace the boots.

Another time dh purchased Levis jeans and they would not exchange for a larger size, they still had the tags on and receipt but they said they would not exchange them because it had been 15 days.

Adults are having yummy spaghetti with meatsauce it smells so good enough leftovers for dh for the next 2 lunches. The boys are having Flamingo chicken wings as they don't like spaghetti.
    I haven't made spaghetti in over 6 months, MIL used to make spaghetti 1 to 2 times a week so dh is really turned off of spaghetti. MIL still makes spaghetti 1 time a week to this day, I guess they must really enjoy it.
    @Frugalbigmama do you know if Loblaws banner stores sells ebay.ca gift cards????? I've never looked but thought you or others may know.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    I want to say that I may have seen them at my RCSS but can't confirm. Ours has 3 areas where the gift cards are so I will take a look next time I am there.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yeah, our gift giving list has gotten pretty short. We tend to send Christmas cards with family pictures. There are a lot of people who have not met our children, especially the twins.

We a friend and his wife that usually give us a queen sized fleece blanket for Christmas. They know that we might not reciprocate presents. We purchased a brand new hot water heater for them about a year ago because their hot water heater had been leaking for months and was rotting their floor. They just had to get it installed. They say they will pay us back, but I'm not expecting them too. It was something that they needed and we were able to help them in a time of need.
    That was a very kind gesture towards your friends
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information