• 3 Post By samm07
  • 2 Post By mulock
  • 4 Post By dagney
  • 1 Post By nursegirl
  • 1 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By fama
  • 2 Post By tubby

Thread: Mama wants a Kitchenaid Mixer for Xmas ($296 after rebate)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just saw this in London drugs flyer. Kitchenaid mixer - 6qt - after $100 rebate $296. This is an awesome price but only available in 2 colours - red and grey. I bought mine 11 years ago, refurbished from the kitchenaid site for $239 US funds.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Just saw this in London drugs flyer. Kitchenaid mixer - 6qt - after $100 rebate $296. This is an awesome price but only available in 2 colours - red and grey. I bought mine 11 years ago, refurbished from the kitchenaid site for $239 US funds.
    I lucked out years ago! Remember zellers "whoops" 50% off coupon? They had kitchen aid mixers for $199 and I used that coupon and got it for $100 I love it and still use it alllll the time. Not sure if it's 6qt though. But I don't think I'd ever have bought one if not for that sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dagney, walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought one for myself in 2009, and over a 4 year period I only used it 2 times. I have since given it to my Mom.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Loved those Zellers deals!!! Bought pots and pans (kept them and gave them to my kids as house warming presents). And bought a Kitchenaid blender for myself.
    I use my stand mixer at least 2x a week making buns and other baking.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I bought my Kitchen Aid when Target was closing for $189, I love it! I used it around 2x a week.
    samm07 likes this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is the cheapest I've ever seen a 6 qt. Usually you get the Classic, Classic Plus or the Ultra Power on for ~$300. Great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I lucked out years ago! Remember zellers "whoops" 50% off coupon? They had kitchen aid mixers for $199 and I used that coupon and got it for $100 I love it and still use it alllll the time. Not sure if it's 6qt though. But I don't think I'd ever have bought one if not for that sale!

This is when and where I got mine too! Yours is probably a Classic, that's all my store sold. It is 4.5 quarts. The 6 quart only comes in the bowl-lift variety
    samm07 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Yes I have the classic which I'm happy with. What's the purpose of the bowl lift?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Yes I have the classic which I'm happy with. What's the purpose of the bowl lift?

Besides bowl size, the wattage is different. This 6 qt has 575 watts, a Classic has 250 (though IIRC mine is 300, they may have changed that), and Artisan is 325.

That enables larger, tougher batches. Much easier to knead bread dough in a 575 than something with less power.

Also, another bonus of the bowl-lift instead of the tilt-head is that you can leave it under your cabinets and not have to pull it out to use it. I always suggest the 6 qt to older folks because of this, because they are very heavy and cumbersome to move.

But other than that, it's all really personal preference. If I were to buy one today, I would buy the highest-end one I could for the power and size.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Besides bowl size, the wattage is different. This 6 qt has 575 watts, a Classic has 250 (though IIRC mine is 300, they may have changed that), and Artisan is 325.

That enables larger, tougher batches. Much easier to knead bread dough in a 575 than something with less power.

Also, another bonus of the bowl-lift instead of the tilt-head is that you can leave it under your cabinets and not have to pull it out to use it. I always suggest the 6 qt to older folks because of this, because they are very heavy and cumbersome to move.

But other than that, it's all really personal preference. If I were to buy one today, I would buy the highest-end one I could for the power and size.
    Gotcha! Our cabinets are high I haven't had a problem. And I mostly use it for muffins lol! But very good info maybe when mine dies out...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if you can get it in stock- will be 327 with tax at london drug- as if you pay by masterpass you save extra 25 too after rebate of $100
    dagney likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thank you for posting this deal! After humming and hawing for a week, I bit the bullet and picked one up last night with 2 left in stock. I brought it home and started baking right away at 9pm.. showed my friend a quick video and she raced to the store with 10 minutes to spare and got one too. So far so good! Now I have to paint my kitchen to match the empire red mixer (no other colours available)
    Natalka and dagney like this.

Thread Information