User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl : Did you say somewhere that you did a great redemption for a PS4 recently? I can't find the thread anymore.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Driver Training isn't taught in Alberta schools, I think it may have been at one time though! I paid 600.00 for driver training for my youngest 3 years ago. It is very expensive but I am not a great driving teacher and my husband wasn't home a lot then, I think it is a great thing for new drivers but I see how the cost would deter a lot of people.
    Cost is around that here in Ontario too, up to about $900 depending on the company. You also get an insurance discount when you take the driving course.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @coupon girl: Did you say somewhere that you did a great redemption for a PS4 recently? I can't find the thread anymore.
    I bought two PS4's at Shoppers on the weekend of November 19. They were 389.00 less my 170.00 redemption, plus they were offering a hundred dollar shoppers gift card with purchase. I also had an offer of 20X the points on the balance. After all was said and done including points earned I paid about 89.00 for each of them. I transferred points to my daughters card for one purchase so I could apply THE 100.00 gift card and use her 20x the points offer for the second one. they are an sale this week for 329.00 at shoppers but no 100.00 gift card offer. I am going to have a very happy granddaughter and a very happy son!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Nov 29th, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Below is the link to December's thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419166-...a/#post6716611
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Feeling crafty today! My daughter and son in law lost their 13 year old chocolate lab this week and they are devastated.I found this and was out picking rocks in our alley to make this for them for Christmas, I will also add his birth date and date of death in the lower right corner, so simple but so pretty.

http://www.saltandpebbles.com/galler...box=image_1ui4

I am also making this one for my best friend who loves birds.
    http://www.saltandpebbles.com/galler...tbox=image_i2k
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Nov 29th, 2016 at 01:54 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taking tomorrow afternoon off so this motivates me to get stuff done around the house tonight!
    Will feed kids as soon as home then start my tackle list!
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Below is the link to December's thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419166-...a/#post6716611
    I'm not ready for December to arrive!

We had green grass yesterday morning, we currently have a foot of snow and more will arrive before the end of tomorrow.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow -nope not me I didn't buy a ps4
    -went to the mall this morning in and out knew the stores I wanted to shop at and return/exchange to the gap also
    -got my daughter-in-law a lush set ,shopped the body shop spent 30.00 got a free coupon in store for a free 10.00 hand crème
    -then popped into gymboyee got a onsie for Sebastian for 7.20 -it was 60% off clearance and 2 pairs of white socks one for a newborn and one pair for ashlyn 1.20 each
    then popped into value village on the way home to use up my 30% off donation card -saved 7.20 and got a new address book 2.09 I paid ,a xmas puzzle1,000 piece 1.39 and guess what 2 tops one was a new ralph lauren burgundy soft velvet striped top 6.20 after 30% off it is new for sure looks never worn,mitts for ashlyn 2.09 as she is always losing one either at daycare ,or who knows where-spent 18.92

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Had a nice time at the Christmas show. My cousin's wife was a lead singer. Her solo was Santa Baby and they pulled my cousin up on stage for it. It was hilarious. He was not impressed, but also couldn't help but grin at his wife. All the relatives in the crowd were chuckling...so were other audience members but they didn't know that the audience member was her husband.

SDM Redemptions: I picked two Special Edition Magazines for my hard to buy for family members. One is Harry Potter themed and the other New Yorker Cartoon. They were expensive ($12-$15 a piece) so I hope they are appreciated as thoughtful. I got them each another smaller item to go with it.

We have been sick on and off here since Thanksgiving. I share the sentiments of ready to be done with serial illness.
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Nov 29th, 2016 at 08:52 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm still having some abdominal pain. It continues to decrease, but it also flares up at times. I finally heard back from my doctor regarding my bloodwork and it indicates that my body is fighting an infection, but nothing serious. He doesn't know what is causing my pain. Other tests were sent away to Regina, so those results won't be available until next week. We're continuing along, just not sure what to do. At the moment we're waiting for more test results, although family members have suggested going to a bigger city to get a second opinion. I just wanted to update you guys because I know that some of you have been concerned.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Don't leave it too long Angela, you can never be too safe with your health. I had a splenic artery aneuyrsm about 6 years ago and I was sent home from emergency 3 times for two reasons, they said I should have rated my pain higher and ultra sound was backed up and they didn't consider me an emergency. They felt bad when the ultra sound was finally done after 4 days of extreme pain and apologized profusely.Needless to say I am more forceful and vocal when I need medical attention. I am sure you are under good care but don't let it go on too long.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I bought two PS4's at Shoppers on the weekend of November 19. They were 389.00 less my 170.00 redemption, plus they were offering a hundred dollar shoppers gift card with purchase. I also had an offer of 20X the points on the balance. After all was said and done including points earned I paid about 89.00 for each of them. I transferred points to my daughters card for one purchase so I could apply THE 100.00 gift card and use her 20x the points offer for the second one. they are an sale this week for 329.00 at shoppers but no 100.00 gift card offer. I am going to have a very happy granddaughter and a very happy son!!
    Thank you, @thriftygranny! Out of curiosity, did it come with any games? And is it an advertised sale? Last year, I paid $429.99 for it but it came with NHL16, which was the only game DH had his heart set on. Saturday had a $100 GC with purchase, but it was the only one available in the near GTA and I know there were many other people looking for it.

The Thursday before, I asked a friend's mom if she would mind picking it up for me. She used her senior's discount as it was the non-sale price and had $86 plus applicable taxes taken off the cost. Then I received $17.41 back in points from an offer on my card. I can't remember what the best price was for the game back then, but if I had to buy it separately, I imagine it would have added at least $50 to the cost. I think the eventual total was $110.91 - 156.10 after all points, discounts, and rewards points deducted. I put in a range because it would depend on sales when I would be able to buy the game if it didn't come with the system.

The senior's discount was the equivalent of $97.18, so for an extra $2.82, I had what DH was looking for, without having to line up at 8 AM two days later and visited a dear friend instead.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Nov 30th, 2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Added range

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    At the moment we're waiting for more test results, although family members have suggested going to a bigger city to get a second opinion.
    @Angela273 : Maybe that isn't a bad idea. It sounds like it might be serious. Or it could also be something trivial. Either way, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, that just doesn't sound right - you owe it to yourself to get this investigated more and sooner.

Hope that everyone has a great day!

We're going to be dealing with no water today, as the city is working on the sewer line. Ick.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information