User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!! Beautiful sunny day here!!! Can't believe we still don't have snow. I took this afternoon off so thinking a nice afternoon walk is in order! Then will tackle something!

We switched vehicles yesterday so he could take mine for appt. He surprised me and totally cleaned it inside out and I am so happy!!! Now I don't want any kids in it lol

Tonight I will have dinner ready early and then clean the livingroom and put up the tree. It is happening tonight! No more pushing it to another day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yes Sweet Sparrow it came with a game called Uncharted a Thief's End, and the advertised special this week is 329.99.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@thriftygranny : The advertised special for Ontario next week is $379.99 and NHL 17 has moved back up to $79.99. Are you in Western Canada?

Today I got the note on our horrid Bell bill that our $5 credit has expired and we've moved back up to the regular price. I called to apply the promo again and the credit for last month's bill. It was all too quick and easy. As DH says, if they can give you the requested discount without a single pause, you're overpaying. As we always are with Bell... Still waiting for the day pigs fly and DH says we can move to a different company. At least they can practically expect me coming by now.

I wish companies could automatically charge it to your credit card instead of having it called in each month.

LO's books are overdue at the library. I don't know why, but one account notifies you if there is anything due, days before the date, and another account does not. I'll have to only use one card for borrowing to cut down on that.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

YES sweet Sparrow I am in Western Canada!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

November 30 certainly is taking a long view of a grey wet day to send off the month. I did not want to go to the fabric store with Mom but I did give her my 50% off regular price (on yardage) coupon to put to use at Fabricland. Will find out if her purchase was already on sale or if she used the coupon. The store gave out coupons during the closing sale at the former location this spring/summer and I made certain to hold onto the offer (it expires in December).

Master grocery list finally got its entire food category typed up (based on what I had recorded since May) in Excel. Will have to add in some items that only get purchased periodically. Now I have a rough idea of what the regular cost is or the usual sale price I pay for an item.

Those Pepsico coupons (Tostitos/Smartfood Popcorn/Ruffles wub 2 or 3) expire tomorrow. Food Basics has buy 3 for $8 that ends today for Lays and I believe Ruffles, if you want to save $1 tonight. My lot will go into recycling.

Tomorrow am will be about flour at Walmart and pasta at Food Basics, given the sale prices.

If you are a BMO customer, check the Finance thread for the changes effective tomorrow to plans/fees.

Think I'll have a second hot chocolate today. I am craving salt and sugar like a vacuum again. Last night, within 2h, I ate my way through the English cuke I had sliced up, with salad dressing and some olives. Best hydration I've had lately.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My Instant Pot arrived via Canada Post this afternoon. I bought it from Amazon.ca for about $89 on Black Friday. It's funny because I just told my dad about it today. He laughed and asked if I had been talking to my older sister. Turns out that she bought one for Dad and one for herself on Black Friday. We all live in different cities, hours away from each other. I just joined the Instant Pot Community which has 195,000 members. I'll have to learn, but a lot of people clearly love theirs. My house is fairly small and so is our kitchen, so I'll have to find/make a home for it in the cupboard.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is cooking. Butterflied chicken and spiced up and baking in oven now. Made basmatti rice. Will make ceaser salad since I have bacon already cooked in the fridge.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was stuck on my laptop all day.....where has the time gone? Just about to make dinner and maybe a few chores.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes angela we do care -hope you get some answers soon

-babysat ashlyn today and met a friend who lives over by my son's house -she was a home care worker for my mom about 5 years ago-she is about 33 or 34 and invited ashlyn and I over for a bit she has a 1 and a half year old at home and one in school -I gave her to small blankets for her girls my mom had made -a hooded sweater and a colouring book and crayons for the older one -she loved the thought -nice fun visit
    then my son called us from work and said stay for supper we are getting swiss chalet -okay thank you the family pack did all 4 of us adults and ashlyn -plus one piece leftover for son to take to work
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My granddaughter's school is having a market and bake sale to raise money for families in the school that need some help over the holidays. I made 2 banana nut loaves, 2 lemon loaves, date squares and will make ginger snaps tomorrow. Now I start my Christmas baking!!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread Information