User Tag List

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: 2016 US Presidental election thread

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

How long before the white working class realizes Trump was just scamming them?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-draw10&wpmm=1

Had Hillary Clinton won the election, the white working class might have gotten some tangible benefits — a higher minimum wage, overtime pay, paid family and medical leave, more secure health insurance, and so on. Trump and the Republicans oppose all that. So what did the white working class actually get? They got the election itself. They got to give a big middle finger to the establishment, to the coastal elites, to immigrants, to feminists, to college students, to popular culture, to political correctness, to every person and impersonal force they see arrayed against them. And that was it.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Why wait? I read about his antics every day and all I see is trouble brewing.

How long should we wait for this miracle renewal of America that Trump is going to cause to happen?

6 months? A year? Two years? Four years?

In my view, Trump is only out for himself, his businesses and his children.

The downtrodden have done their job for him: they voted. Now he can forget about them.

LOL what's with your love for Hillary ?? Have you done any background research into her years and years of corruption ??
    electric_viking and DaveP like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    LOL what's with your love for Hillary ?? Have you done any background research into her years and years of corruption ??
    LOL what's with your love for Donald ?? Have you done any background research into his years and years of corruption ??

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I guess you must have more evidence than the Republicans who have been trying since 1992 to pin something on Her....so show us your proof.

You may want to check against these lists , though as a lot have been found to be false repeatedly...

http://www.snopes.com/tag/hillary-clinton/

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

https://cse.google.ca/cse?cx=partner...ton&gsc.page=1
    ROMEO, lecale and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post

Why do people think he's so trustworthy and capable? By Moore's take, that doesn't matter.
    Exactly. Do you get it now?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sounds like every other politician that's ever been elected...LOL

How about we wait a bit to see what Trump will do......you may be pleasantly surprised.

Surprise he is just like every other politician.

He just appointed this piece of garbage Betsy DeVos to education oh wait but she gave him $10 million for his campaign. Not an "appointment" more like a purchase.

Made in his own image, zero experience for the job but wth that didn't stop him from running.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...tudents-231837

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Surprise he is just like every other politician.

He just appointed this piece of garbage Betsy DeVos to education oh wait but she gave him $10 million for his campaign. Not an "appointment" more like a purchase.

Made in his own image, zero experience for the job but wth that didn't stop him from running.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...tudents-231837
    She , like all President -elect Trumps appointees have to be confirmed before they can take up their posts.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We track down a fake news site creator

During the run-up to the presidential election — fake news really took off. "It was just anybody with a blog can get on there and find a big, huge Facebook group of kind of rabid Trump supporters just waiting to eat up this red meat that they're about to get served," Coler says. "It caused an explosion in the number of sites. I mean, my gosh, the number of just fake accounts on Facebook exploded during the Trump election."

Coler says his writers have tried to write fake news for liberals — but they just never take the bait.

Coler's company, Disinfomedia, owns many faux news sites — he won't say how many. But he says his is one of the biggest fake news businesses out there, which makes him kind of like a godfather of the industry.
    At any given time Coler says he's got between 20 and 25 writers. And it was one of them that wrote the story in the Denver Guardian that an FBI agent who leaked Clinton emails was killed. Coler says that over 10 days the site got 1.6 million views. He says stories like this work because they fit into existing right wing conspiracy theories.
    "The people wanted to hear this," he says. "So all it took was to write that story. Everything about it was fictional: the town, the people, the sheriff, the FBI guy. And then ... our social media guys kind of go out and do a little dropping it throughout Trump groups and Trump forums and boy it spread like wildfire."
    And as the stories spread, Coler makes money from the ads on his websites. He wouldn't give exact figures, but he says stories about other fake news proprietors making between $10,000 and $30,000 a month apply to him. Coler fits into a pattern of other faux news sites that make good money, especially by targeting Trump supporters.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this story made my morning!!

Donald Trump still tweeting in the wee hours and Alec Baldwin responds!

Donald J. Trump @
    real DonaldTrump Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/dona...ns-1201933252/

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Check out the scotch tape pinning the tail end of Trump's tie to the front lol

Name:  Cyo70PdWQAImwN_.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  25.6 KB

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Tie pins are much more professional

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Gunman fires rifle in pizza restaurant at heart of "conspiracy"

A man has been arrested after firing a rifle inside a pizza restaurant in Washington DC that was the target of a bizarre fake US election story.
    No-one was injured in the incident at Comet Ping Pong in an affluent neighbourhood of the nation's capital.
    A 28-year-old man from North Carolina was taken into police custody.
    Conspiracy theorists said the pizzeria was the base of a child sex ring run by ex-US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her aide, John Podesta.
    Edgar Maddison Welch, the man arrested on Sunday, told police he went to the restaurant to "self-investigate" the theory, dubbed "pizzagate".

Explained: Pizzagate and the spread of fake news

The suspect allegedly walked into the restaurant and pointed the rifle at an employee, who managed to flee. He later fired the weapon.
    He has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon.

The "pizzagate" theory originated on alternative message board 4chan, based on emails hacked from the Democratic Party and leaked by Wikileaks.
    The restaurant's owner, James Alefantis, a Democratic Party donor, appears in the emails in relation to organising a Democratic fundraiser.
    Users of 4chan and another message board Reddit had claimed that words in the emails, such as cheese, hot dog, and pizza, were code for young children and sex acts.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President-elect Trump wins Electoral College vote

The US Electoral College has certified Donald Trump as president, despite a last-ditch effort to deny him the White House.
    Six weeks after winning the polls, the Republican has secured the 270 votes needed to formalise his victory.
    Electors had been flooded with emails, letters and phone calls urging them not to support Mr Trump.
    The process is usually a formality, but was beset this year by claims Russian hackers tried to sway the public vote.
    Texas ultimately put the president-elect over the 270 threshold, despite two of its electors voting against him.
    The New York Times reports that four Democratic electors also cast their votes for someone other than Mrs Clinton.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President-elect Trump vows to close charity.

Donald Trump has announced that he plans to shut his charitable foundation, although an investigation into its practices continues.
    The US president-elect said he wanted to avoid "even the appearance" of any conflict of interest.
    New York's attorney general is looking into suspected "impropriety" at the Foundation, which Mr Trump denies.
    The attorney general's office said Mr Trump could not shut the Foundation while the investigation was continuing.
    Mr Trump's statement on Saturday said that "the foundation has done enormous good works over the years in contributing millions of dollars to countless worthy groups, including supporting veterans, law enforcement officers and children.
    "However, to avoid even the appearance of any conflict with my role as president I have decided to continue to pursue my strong interest in philanthropy in other ways."
    Mr Trump will be inaugurated on 20 January, succeeding President Barack Obama.
    The Republican billionaire beat his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in the 8 November elections.
    Why has the Trump Foundation become controversial?
    New York's Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said in September that his office wanted to ensure the Foundation was "complying with the laws that govern charities in New York".
    "We have been concerned that the Trump Foundation may have engaged in some impropriety from that point of view," Mr Schneiderman told CNN at the time.
    US media say Mr Schneiderman's office has been investigating the Trump Foundation since at least June, when it formally questioned a donation made to a group backing Republican Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi in 2013.
    The $25,000 (£20,350, €23,920) payment was made at a time when Mrs Bondi's office was reportedly considering whether to open a fraud investigation into Trump University.
    The fraud investigation never happened, although Mr

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I heard Trump had tweeted about Meryl Streep being the most over rated actor after she commented about him in her speech at the Golden Globes.....pfft! didn't phase me at all, but stripping this man of doing what he has done at every Presidential inauguration since 1957 is quite mean.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...ailyNewsletter

The man had lost his wife of 65 years ( she died in December at 91 ) just a few weeks ago, and this inauguration could have helped take the focus off his grieving.
    GoJays likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information