User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby Mum Mums

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by froggiestyle View Post
    the same with those farley biscuits. I found them horrible, stuck to the roof of the kids mouths :/
    A great thing I couldnt live without is that meshbag thing on a stick(i forget what its called, its about 6bucks). you can put anything in there and the kids cant choke. I put everything in that and even froze food so they had a "popcicle".
    Yep, I love the mesh bags too -- except I find them so hard to clean if he chews on them for to long

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Avocado, grapes, bananas, steamed carrots, steamed apples...anything that smushes well will work.

As for teething cookies, Gerber Biter Biscuits are my all time fav but I don't think they're available in Canada yet. I have a friend who lives in Windsor who goes over the border once a week so she grabs me some while she's there. He's only had 1 so far and it was a huge mess but he loved it.
    Those Gerber Biscuits are great. THey take forever for the kids to suck on, but they don't break down easily and you don't have to worry about them choking on them.
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bought the Mum Mum's the other day but my 6 mo. old almost choked twice and i had to dig the biscuit out of his mouth with my finger so my husband doesn't think we should give them to him anymore.

Bought the mesh bag at SDM last week and put oranges in it to freeze but i found it to be too messy

Just my opinion
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My little moose is almost 6 months and has been on solids for about a month. He loves the Mum Mums. I just keep a close eye on him while he's munching. Our biggest problem is that the little sticky bits get caught under his multitude of chins. Whole grain toast sticks are another good muncher. He'll basically eat anything within a three meter radius. I had one of those mesh thingies for my oldest, but I can't for the life of me find it...(we've only moved 5 times in the last three years).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Still haven't tried the mum mums yet, or any other cookies. but LOVE the mesh. I've only put frozen grapes and fresh banana in it so far and its been great.

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Hi all

My daughter is 7 and 1/2 months. I gave here mum mums when she was almost 6 months. She loves them! If a rather large piece breaks off in her mouth she does seem to gag a bit to get it out. I only give them to her when supervised in a high chair. Have a wet cloth handy to clean up the mess as soon as they're done though because once they've been wet and redried they turn hard as rock and stick to everything! I usually give her a bottle after she is finished to help wash it down.
    Also I only give them to her around once a week because there is sugar in them (another reason to give them a bottle when they're done, to help rinse out their mouths and keep the sugar from lingering on their gums)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Anybody know which store in the States carries the Gerber biscuits for sure? I'll get my sis-in-law to pick some up for me when they come next week.

Thanks

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    I usually give her a bottle after she is finished to help wash it down.
    Also I only give them to her around once a week because there is sugar in them (another reason to give them a bottle when they're done, to help rinse out their mouths and keep the sugar from lingering on their gums)
    I usually give my baby his bottle on and off while he's eating his Mum Mums to wash it down and i always wipe his gums with a cloth after drinking or eating anything.
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy BK View Post
    Anybody know which store in the States carries the Gerber biscuits for sure? I'll get my sis-in-law to pick some up for me when they come next week.

Thanks

My friend gets them from a drugstore, I think it's CVS but she said they're pretty widely available anywhere that sells Gerber food. They're in a yellow box.

I have no idea why they don't sell them in Canada, they sell all the other Gerber toddler foods.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    excellent point, they're cookies and not what a baby requires at all for any reason.
    maybe after the milk, a sip of water from a glass would be great to rinse away the sugars that are in the milk.

I never had the urge to give my daughter baby cookies, she was probably a couple of years old before she had any type of cookie at all.
    I did however let her have plain cheerios as a snack sometimes, i didn't find any choking or gagging happened with them.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Avocado, grapes, bananas, steamed carrots, steamed apples...anything that smushes well will work.

As for teething cookies, Gerber Biter Biscuits are my all time fav but I don't think they're available in Canada yet. I have a friend who lives in Windsor who goes over the border once a week so she grabs me some while she's there. He's only had 1 so far and it was a huge mess but he loved it.
    Beech Nut Makes a similar shaped "teething" biscuit. I agree, they are messy. Those Farley Biscuts are messy too. I guess Im not really a fan of any of them as I am yet to find one without sugar. My daughter likes the mumums and she is 6 months old. But I give them to her in TINY pieces. (like the size of a rice krispie) I should just use a teaspoon of rice krispies. they taste the sameShe Absolutely loves them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

If you have no older siblings, definitely hold off on the "cookies" -when my son was 7 months old, he was *frantic* for what his sister was eating, so I gave him both mummums and Farleys, and now there's no turning back! It's been a major fight to get him to eat veggies, etc., when all he wants is the fruit and sweets!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tinahobbs, that is similar to what my daughter is like. Introduced her to Mum Mums at 8 months and now I have to bribe her to eat veggies, cereal, fruit with it. It's quite an ordeal at meal time- give her a bit of Mum Mum and then spoon some food into her mouth quickly before she notices!
    Pink Panda Fabrics - your Canadian online designer fabric store

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

This is all really great info guys! I've got a 6 month old baby boy and I have been wondering about things like this. I'm going to have to get one of those nets. They would be great for in the summer time!

What about the Gerber Graduates cereal puffs? Has anyone had any problems with those?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

My two older kids loved the Gerber Graduates Puffs, although from what I can remember, they had sugar in them? They dissolve really quickly, so they never choked on them at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information