User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By nwf1946
  • 3 Post By seylz_gurl
  • 2 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By HappyCouponSaver78
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Why are we angry at just Air Miles ?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why are we just angry at Air miles for letting points drop, at least they allow for 5 years. Many retailers give points for buying but most of them let the points expire after just 1 year. Most hotels have a point system which allow points to expire , usually just before you get enough to get a free night. If governments are going to do anything do it for all consumers .
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    barbis9 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was hard to get on the site to use points as there was a last minute rush to redeem. The program used to be so good but it changed so much from when it first started I didn't go out of my way to get points the last few years. But some people put a lot of time and effort into getting points for a dream vacation and are very upset. I believe if your Air miles account is inactive/you haven't used your card for 2 years it expires too? Not sure if that has changed?
    barbis9, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I changed my air miles from dream to cash, what a nightmare the dream points are, you have to buy from them at inflated prices, or you have to book holidays from them at inflated prices, what a gimmick!! I switched to cash, now I can use them for any travel I want or cash them in for groceries etc. They should allow people to switch their points from dream to cash but they don't......

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwf1946 View Post
    Why are we just angry at Air miles for letting points drop, at least they allow for 5 years. Many retailers give points for buying but most of them let the points expire after just 1 year. Most hotels have a point system which allow points to expire , usually just before you get enough to get a free night. If governments are going to do anything do it for all consumers .
    Companies expect a certain amount of transactions on your card and if there is no activity on your card you lose your points because they think you are no longer a customer of theirs.
    Davetherave likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hated Safeway for a good reason they are frecking pricier than lower budget stores and the am sucks
    Davetherave likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am mad at Aeroplan . I forgot to do a transaction last year due to a emergency. I found out this month by logging in that i have lost 25000 points just because of forgetting to redeem. What a rip off. Guys where should i call. I talked to the Aeroplan customer service she told me it is useless.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rida View Post
    I am mad at Aeroplan . I forgot to do a transaction last year due to a emergency. I found out this month by logging in that i have lost 25000 points just because of forgetting to redeem. What a rip off. Guys where should i call. I talked to the Aeroplan customer service she told me it is useless.
    I was looking around and it said you can pay a fee to reinstate your Aeroplan miles 18003615373

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes but the transfer fee is going to be the cash value of 25000 points which is 1 cent per point .So what's the point.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes but the transfer fee is going to be the cash value of 25000 points which is 1 cent per point .So what's the point.
    That's terrible.I guess you unfortunately will have to start from scratch saving Aeroplan points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I thought the main controversy was that they only display higher rewards to those did not have enough points so there was no way those with high points would be able to use their points. I think that came under discrimination/inaccessibility or something...
    seylz_gurl likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information