User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

With the 2017 days away, instead of the usual personal/self new years resolution I thought it would be spectacular to continue onwards with the 3rd year of Financial Resolution thread.....that we could cheer each other on through encouraging words, suggestions or just thumbs up and accountability .

You could have 1 resolution or several again it's up to the individual.

Let's motivate each to pursue our financial goals and celebrate the milestones along the way.

The possibilities are endless, could be not purchasing that hot beverage in the mornings, saving for a vacation, renovations ------ the sky is the limit and the possibilities are endless as these are individual FINANCIAL Resolutions
    This thread is currently associated with: Milestones Restaurants
    cath007 and amira84 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My 2017 Financial Resolutions are

1. Continue to save up PC plus points, sdm points, leger web survery $ and swagbucks for Christmas.
    IN 2016 we had $880 in pc points, 3x 95K redemptions & 1x 50K at sdm, $40 in legerweb surveys

Update Feb. 10th/2017 - we have enough for
    1x 95K redemption

2. Continue to meal plan and take meat out the night before.

3. Continue to price match and use as many coupons as possible.

4. Purchase a 2nd vehicle. (see #5) - DONE (January 11, 2017)

5. January through June put all of dh's pays aside to rebuild bank account(s) after purchasing Vehicle
    Feb. 10/2017 we have repaid 2 out of the 4 accounts we borrowed from
    Feb. 23/2017 transfer dh's pay to repay $ borrowed for car.

6. Continue to save before we buy, it makes such a difference and makes us accountable for our spending and future goals

7. Put in new powder room downstairs

8. Set up a new account for family vacation (smaller trip in 2017 and hopefully a larger (winter getaway in 2018) - Put all medical/dental reimbursements into this account going forward as savings
    Feb. 10, 2017 update - we have started putting the reimbursements into a family vacation acct.

Cottage Goals (after May/June)

1. Have an electrician do the wiring at the cottage which will be ran off a generator.

2. Hire someone to close in the cottage, including facia and balcony.

3. Hire a drywaller for the upstairs loft at the cottage and have laminate flooring installed (flooring is already purchased)

4. Continue to post items for sale and tuck the funds away for designated project

5. Build a main entry way (enclosed) at the cottage.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Feb 23rd, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Not really big goals for me, but nonetheless...

1. Continue my ways of Price Matching, Couponing, Cash back, PC Points, etc.

2. Continue to save a large portion (90%+) of my CPP Benefit into my saving account

3. While at home, continue to help my parents with saving money on grocery shopping

4. Look into new and creative ways to save money for school, car and other

5. Keep on my school grocery budget of $50/ month

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good goals. I always look forward to a new year. A fresh start!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

My main focus for 2017 is to gain better control of our Grocery budget. This is really the only area of our budget where we are overspending. Our grocery budget includes groceries, paper products, vitamins, personal care products, cleaning products, etc. I'd like to spend 30% less every month. I'm going to try cash-only spending/tracking on groceries, and try incorporating more grains/fresh veggies into our meal plan.

Our mortgage is up for renewal in 2017, so we will be making an aggressive push to pay off the remaining balance on our vehicle loan before we sit down with the mortgage broker in September. It will be a great feeling to only have the mortgage debt left.

2017 will be our 5-yr wedding anniversary, and 10-yrs of being together, so I'd like to save up to do something special. Not sure what that will be yet. We just took a big trip together, so my priorities are going to be the top goals and we will see what is left-over.
    jasperandchar and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am thinking about doing that 52 week challenge for 2017 from my pocket money. I have also stopped spending big bucks on cosmetics and skin care and spend as little as possible in this category. I will try to use up my stockpile of skin care and cosmetics this year.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Not really big goals for me, but nonetheless...

1. Continue my ways of Price Matching, Couponing, Cash back, PC Points, etc.

2. Continue to save a large portion (90%+) of my CPP Benefit into my saving account

3. While at home, continue to help my parents with saving money on grocery shopping

4. Look into new and creative ways to save money for school, car and other

5. Keep on my school grocery budget of $50/ month

Fantastic goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good goals. I always look forward to a new year. A fresh start!
    I completely agree, can't wait to see yours

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    My main focus for 2017 is to gain better control of our Grocery budget. This is really the only area of our budget where we are overspending. Our grocery budget includes groceries, paper products, vitamins, personal care products, cleaning products, etc. I'd like to spend 30% less every month. I'm going to try cash-only spending/tracking on groceries, and try incorporating more grains/fresh veggies into our meal plan.

Our mortgage is up for renewal in 2017, so we will be making an aggressive push to pay off the remaining balance on our vehicle loan before we sit down with the mortgage broker in September. It will be a great feeling to only have the mortgage debt left.

2017 will be our 5-yr wedding anniversary, and 10-yrs of being together, so I'd like to save up to do something special. Not sure what that will be yet. We just took a big trip together, so my priorities are going to be the top goals and we will see what is left-over.
    You did so amazing this year, I really enjoyed seeing your updates.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I am thinking about doing that 52 week challenge for 2017 from my pocket money. I have also stopped spending big bucks on cosmetics and skin care and spend as little as possible in this category. I will try to use up my stockpile of skin care and cosmetics this year.
    Quite a few people do the 52 week challenge and it's amazing how much they save during the year, great idea. I'm sure you have a lot of beauty products stock as you are such a smart SDM shopper. I've learned so much from you re: sdm points, coupons ++++ thank you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Simplify y entire life

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Still thinking about this but going to make 2017 a less is more year.

1.Really going to concentrate on my house- updating/upgrading etc.
    2. Continue putting away money monthly in Christmas/RRSP/TFSA/RESP/Summer Camp/Grade 8-2018 Grad & Trip for DS/Vacation
    3.Getting rid of junk. Save cash in "Summer fun fund" This was awesome last year. Anytime we were doing something- flea market/festival I just took cash from the jar. It made the event even more enjoyable since it felt like free money.
    4. Plan our summer ahead of time. (book vacation) We have family out town wanting us to come for week at a time (they have pool and lakefront!) So will be a fun and cheap summer for sure!
    5.Keep eye open for deals on little things/stocking stuffers for Christmas box. (this really made a difference this year. For me it is the little stuff that cost so much but since I was smart and picked up stuff as I found deals/ideas I had it all in my bins when I was ready to start Christmas shopping so it saved me lots of time/$)

Really the same old goals but they work for me :

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Still thinking about this but going to make 2017 a less is more year.

1.Really going to concentrate on my house- updating/upgrading etc.
    2. Continue putting away money monthly in Christmas/RRSP/TFSA/RESP/Summer Camp/Grade 8-2018 Grad & Trip for DS/Vacation
    3.Getting rid of junk. Save cash in "Summer fun fund" This was awesome last year. Anytime we were doing something- flea market/festival I just took cash from the jar. It made the event even more enjoyable since it felt like free money.
    4. Plan our summer ahead of time. (book vacation) We have family out town wanting us to come for week at a time (they have pool and lakefront!) So will be a fun and cheap summer for sure!
    5.Keep eye open for deals on little things/stocking stuffers for Christmas box. (this really made a difference this year. For me it is the little stuff that cost so much but since I was smart and picked up stuff as I found deals/ideas I had it all in my bins when I was ready to start Christmas shopping so it saved me lots of time/$)

Really the same old goals but they work for me :
    Great goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

bumping

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goals:

1. Pay off my student loan. I hope to make my final payment in Dec 2017!
    2. Ask for (and get) a raise.
    3. Do side jobs more consistently (this will help with goal #1)
    4. Continue monthly contributions to retirement savings and kid's education savings

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information