User Tag List

Page 537 of 654 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Is it just me but would you be offended if a relative gave you a charity calendar as a gift (ok not so bad) but than a supposed good friend gives you a heart and stroke foundation reusable bag as part of your gift? I know you are not supposed to expect anything at Christmas but I try very hard to find something decent to give on my very limited income and would be embarrassed to give these types of freebies as gifts. What do you think??
    I put a lot of effort into my gifts. I shop all year long. I don't shop after Christmas sale and then give them as Xmas gifts the next year. I get that a lot. Before I had kids, one BIL had a wife with 4 kids. They got really nice and thoughtful gifts. All I got from them is a pair of red socks. Who wears red socks except on Christmas? I don't do Christmas anymore.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 09:45 AM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Boy do I feel like Scrooge right now. Being pulled in so many different directions and am NOT looking forward to the next 5-6 day stretch. I really do feel like just cancelling Christmas. ARGH!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I said the same thing ^

Next year I`m pulling a Christmas with the Kranks. No tree. No gifts. Flying far, far away.
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I suggested skipping Christmas didn't go over well.
    barbis9, Ciel, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

He went out, didn't take his cane because he was only going a block (no sidewalks, big hill).

He was late back but I didn't worry...but he had fallen in the street on the ice and couldn't get up. Unbelievable a few cars passed his laid-out body but the neighbours found him and brought him home.

He's bruised and I think he has broken his arm, but he refuses to go to the doctor/hospital.

I made him a sling out of an old bedsheet...what else can I do?

And I lost my helper for my xmas dinner...now I only have a manager!
    barbis9, Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My brother has a wife with 3 kids. Year after year, SIL would not open my gift to her in my home. She would take it home and open at her house. Finally, I asked her why she did not open my gift together like everyone else. She said she did not want people to see the disappoint in her face. Unbelievable. Don't do Christmas with them now either. Now it's just my family and my mom. Yay, more money to spend on ourselves.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Edwin has been signed by Cleveland, of all places
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Our printer died. I bought one for DH for Christmas way back on Black Friday. Now, every time we go into a store and he sees a half-decent price on one he bugs me about getting a new one. Shut up shut up shut up! Don't ruin your Christmas surprise! It's not like we use a printer daily, for us it's just an occasional thing. At least if he does manage to wreck this I still have a shop vac to fall back on. DAH!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Our printer died. I bought one for DH for Christmas way back on Black Friday. Now, every time we go into a store and he sees a half-decent price on one he bugs me about getting a new one. Shut up shut up shut up! Don't ruin your Christmas surprise! It's not like we use a printer daily, for us it's just an occasional thing. At least if he does manage to wreck this I still have a shop vac to fall back on. DAH!!
    Dh is the same way with our coffee maker and keurig(both are on their last legs). I have a Hamilton Beach two in one all wrapped up and everyday he asks me when I'm getting a new coffee maker :/.

My rant-I am so over Christmas, inlaws, baking, stupid people, sickness and just life in general. Need some Christmas spirit fast!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sloptober-last night after 8pm, the wet roof snow on one side started to break up and slam down onto the sidewalk and cellar and front yard. Of course, it did not choose daytime when Ms. Sunshine was on duty. While shovelling said snow last night, I was thinking that my parents don't realize how fortunate they are in having me at home to get the snow moved ASAP. There was a lingering section creeping over and just hanging over one edge. After 10min of waiting, I decide I had most snow cleared and so what. I end up shovelling slop again at 6:45am in the drizzle.

But at least sibling had brought home leftover pizza and fruit and pop from the workplace holiday potluck meal. I indulged (have to feed the heart for next round of Sloptober on the other side of the roof today).

I suggest we all go to Hawaii next December and enjoy the sight of palm trees!
    barbis9, GoJays, Candini and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Is it just me but would you be offended if a relative gave you a charity calendar as a gift (ok not so bad) but than a supposed good friend gives you a heart and stroke foundation reusable bag as part of your gift? I know you are not supposed to expect anything at Christmas but I try very hard to find something decent to give on my very limited income and would be embarrassed to give these types of freebies as gifts. What do you think??

My high school friend once gave me a gift that I had previously given to her year before, as Christmas gift so I got my own gift back which made me super upset

Name:  I+know+how+you+feel+man+my+mom+got+me+_bee8f105736c00bf2dcf6f5bff5e8808.png
Views: 325
Size:  99.1 KB

Luckily, I have very low expectations from others so I always let it got though...
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sat, Dec 24th, 2016 at 10:25 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This year has been a lean one. Little tight on cash, and many health issues and other silly things ---like a 5 year old heating system dying because it was installed wrong. Big bucks to replace, but it got replaced and we have heat. Smartcanucks, coupons, and many money saving apps, points programs, etc. mean that we will have a nice Christmas time meals. We decided we would not exchange gifts, but we will still enjoy our time together. We are not poor, just making sure we can get past the winter months without having to use credit and maybe save for a vacation. We do not get Christmas gifts, some Christmas cards (not many family member left), but not 'gifts', so when people speak about being disappointed about the gifts they recieve, I do understand, but I would be happy to have an opportunity to be 'disappointed'. I guess I am just saying, be happy that you have friends, and family who remember you on their Christmas list. Not everybody is that blessed. Merry Christmas
    Natalka, Tweets77, barbis9 and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

When you come to my house on Christmas Eve for dinner unplanned so you don't have to be alone, do not push your religious prayer crap around against mine, complain that I don't have enough dishes to your culture liking, complain my daughter doesn't speak your language and needs to learn.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Does anyone else hate giving gifts like I do? Last night DH opened his gifts ( we do Yule eve instead of morning) and what a bloody disaster! He bit#%ed about each one and actually threw a couple at me. I was in tears and now am in a really foul mood today. So this morning he goes out to plow the yard and managed to hit the front gate AND 2 out of the 3 cedar pots I had lining the driveway with the tractor. ARRGGGG!!!
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Sun, Dec 25th, 2016 at 02:15 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Does anyone else hate giving gifts like I do? Last night DH opened his gifts ( we do Yule eve instead of morning) and what a bloody disaster! He bit#%ed about each one and actually threw a couple at me. I was in tears and now am in a really foul mood today. So this morning he goes out to plow the yard and managed to hit the front gate AND 2 out of the 3 cedar pots I had lining the driveway with the tractor. ARRGGGG!!!
    Return them to the stores then with the cash get something nice for yourself.

Thread Information