User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Just another Walmart rant...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Maybe it's because my kids didn't sleep and I'm tired. Maybe it's how busy the stores are. But I was just ready to snap today and I finally questioned a supervisor about the cashiers (and their) lack of knowledge on coupon wordage.

I'd say the last 4? Shops in the last three weeks I have had my cashier tell me "I can only do one of these coupons because it says one per purchase" I tell them no that means I can use one coupon for every product I buy. 10 products, 10 coupons. It's saying I can't use two coupons on one product. I then explain if it said per trans/customer/visit, literally anything else then yes. They argue and say "I can do them in separate transactions if you like?" Now often I'm doing three anyway for checkout 51 purposes.... so I just say whatever and do the separate transactions because rarely do I buy more then 3-4 of the same product at a time.

Well today was a huge grocery shop. I'm trying to use up expiring coupons. And without a vehicle last week, and Christmas approaching I just can't do multiple small trips like I usually do. So I had TONS of coupons. Up to 10 of the same.

First coupon he reads it starts "I can only use one of these per transaction because it says one per purchase." So I correct him like always. And I say if you'd like to talk to your supervisor to be sure that's fine. I don't want you to get in trouble. I'm not in a rush, and I'd rather they double check then be worried that they will get yelled at. So the supervisor comes over and they are whispering behind the till while I'm trying to get my belt organized. Then he says yah I can only use one. At this point I'm ready to just leave everything in my cart and walk out, I'm so sick of being told this and now a supervisor is saying it. So I take a breath and tell him I want to talk to her. I have so many coupons and I just spent like two hours in the store I'm not leaving without my groceries and I AM NOT paying more then I need to.

So she comes over and I ask her why I can't use multiple coupons. I nicely tell her that every single one of my coupons says that. Every single coupon in existence says that so that you can't stack them. She stands there for a second and just tells him yah put it trough and leaves.

Like seriously?! Don't get me wrong I'm glad it's resolved but I ended up holding another customer up (which I HATE!) because they just aren't trained properly! It's so frustrating! I'm TIRED of fighting for my damn right to use a flipping coupon they get reimbursed for!

When it was all said and done I STILL spent $182 in their store. Which just pisses me off they are even questioning me. I don't HAVE to bring my business to you. I choose to. I spent a lot of money today despit my price matches and coupons. I don't mind going to each store and purchasing their sales there. But yes it's more convenient to one stop shop it.

I'm probably the least confrontational person on the planet. And I'm very go with the flow and let things slide (even when I know I'm right). But today was the straw that broke the camels back.

I think I will write a letter to head office. I think the big honchos need to remember that I don't have to shop at their store. And that they are ailing their employees by not training them correctly. It shouldn't be a fight every time I walk into the store. If you are going to say you are the best and that you won't be beat then act like it.

Anyway, I was just so frazzled the rest of my transaction because I HATE arguing. I HATE being treated like I'm doing something wrong. I am extremely careful to follow coupons properly. I never try to "get away with it" or find loop holes. I'm happy to save what I can and that's that. So when I'm treated like I'm misusing a coupon it just drives me bananas. Not to mention I almost always have my toddlers with me and it's a feet in itself to make it in and out in one sane piece.

Rant over. Flipping Walmart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Walmart
    ROMEO, Poirot, lecale and 7 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Same, hate how it seems cashiers are not trained properly in regards to coupons and managers/supervisors seem to know very little as well. I've had so many issues with coupons before, especially at my hometown RCSS. I HATE shopping there, but it is the best option at the same time for our shopping. And same issue, says "limit one per purchase" and told it is one per transaction, every time that happens, I either immediately demand a manager or leave everything, almost no in betweens
    Poirot and samm07 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely write a complaint.I just wish coupons said one coupon per item.Coupon wording has been added to and changed so much the least they could do is change wording to one coupon per item less trouble for us customers.
    samm07 and coupongirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sounds as though you need to vote with your feet and shop elsewhere.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, happens to me all the time. *Sighs*

ROMEO and samm07 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

This usually happens to me some times when I have lots of coupons but I usually don't give up easily I follow the the rules and I always read my coupons before I shop so I would ask for the Com when I am at Walmart and If CSM needs to be educated I will help and if they CSM still try to be ignorant I will ask for the manager. I always have lots of time as long as my DH is not with me. A few weeks ago this happen to me at RCSS with the crest coupons young cashier wanted to do 1 transaction at a time and I would not have it. So ask to speak with the head supervisor for the cashier and when she knew that I was having points she also wanted to do 1 at a time so I ask for the manager she read the coupons twice and OK it because she understood what it meant
    samm07 and coupongirl99 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think there's a lot of new cashiers right now who have zero clue.

Today took 45 at Best Buy to return an item (they shipped me the wrong one!) and do a video game trade in. Literally should've taken about 5 minutes. I wouldn't even have gone to their store if they hadn't screwed up in their shipping.

I think you're suffering from the untrained temporary employees itis. Hopefully it will go back to normal in January
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I think there's a lot of new cashiers right now who have zero clue.

Today took 45 at Best Buy to return an item (they shipped me the wrong one!) and do a video game trade in. Literally should've taken about 5 minutes. I wouldn't even have gone to their store if they hadn't screwed up in their shipping.

I think you're suffering from the untrained temporary employees itis. Hopefully it will go back to normal in January
    Yes very true. I was a manager at a retail store and any time someone was trained on cash coupons and our rewards card was a huge huge part of their training! Explaining they can use the points card to get % off and one coupon from our booklet but not two booklet coupons. Sigh. Drives me crazy! There are people who have it to be in management. Who can do their job and train properly! And there are people who just don't know how and need to not lol. This is why these stupid programs in college need to stop like receptionist programs... I'm a registered veterinary technician. A huge part of my job is reception duties. I know all the medical terminology medical receptionists spend a year learning because I've been using it for 6 years (funny fact that dogs and cats have the same diseases and body parts *rolls eyes*) but have been looked over so many times for reception jobs because I don't have a 1 year certificate saying I spent $5000 on a program to learn how to answer a phone and send through billing.... note the HEAVY sarcasm. I don't care if the programs exist but damn don't look over someone with actual job experience because of a piece of paper! Lol totally random rant. But like a business course to be a Walmart supervisor... just no. That's not how t works. You work your way up from cashier because that's how you learn! So frustrating! Companies put a bullcrap expensive piece of paper over real life experience and that's why stores are run by idiots.

Poirot, torontogal12 and Neeenerz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Yes very true. I was a manager at a retail store and any time someone was trained on cash coupons and our rewards card was a huge huge part of their training! Explaining they can use the points card to get % off and one coupon from our booklet but not two booklet coupons. Sigh. Drives me crazy! There are people who have it to be in management. Who can do their job and train properly! And there are people who just don't know how and need to not lol. This is why these stupid programs in college need to stop like receptionist programs... I'm a registered veterinary technician. A huge part of my job is reception duties. I know all the medical terminology medical receptionists spend a year learning because I've been using it for 6 years (funny fact that dogs and cats have the same diseases and body parts *rolls eyes*) but have been looked over so many times for reception jobs because I don't have a 1 year certificate saying I spent $5000 on a program to learn how to answer a phone and send through billing.... note the HEAVY sarcasm. I don't care if the programs exist but damn don't look over someone with actual job experience because of a piece of paper! Lol totally random rant. But like a business course to be a Walmart supervisor... just no. That's not how t works. You work your way up from cashier because that's how you learn! So frustrating! Companies put a bullcrap expensive piece of paper over real life experience and that's why stores are run by idiots.

I was once told that I cannot use my coupons because of a sale. Store Manager of Wal Mart actually said.. "Because it's a sale, coupons cannot be used - it's a promotion". LMAO

samm07 and Mamabearrina like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's every day at Rexall. I avoid it as much as possible brace myself for time wasting whenever I must go there
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    I was once told that I cannot use my coupons because of a sale. Store Manager of Wal Mart actually said.. "Because it's a sale, coupons cannot be used - it's a promotion". LMAO

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember being told this special rule that it was only one coupon per visit, and the cashier refused to even do separate transactions for me...so I huffed and puffed to the manager and they told me that customer service would process my transactions...and so they did. I left the store that day with lots of body wash, or shampoo... i forget.
    samm07 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

At Zehrs the head cashier knows me by sight because I cause so many coupon controversies. Oh, that and the $110 SCOP I did there this year.

I get nowhere near as much SCOP anywhere else, and because I really don't use more than 4 like coupons at any time, I never get a hassle anywhere else.

My Walmart is actually great for coupons and price matching - never a hassle. There were a flood of new hires among the cashiers recently which was highly noticeable because they are all guys! However they seem to be doing a great job training them because even these new guys are masters of the cash register and terms when it comes to coupons. I like doing coupons an price matches there.

I think it is just about the store...some have trouble getting a grip on coupons and others are all about them and accept them only too gladly. My local SDM is very welcoming to coupons, so I am grateful that I have yet another store to rely on for a good experience.
    samm07 and Neeenerz like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

After TARGET went down, Wal Mart is getting crappier by the day.

They don't have Everyday Low Prices, they just have Everyday Low Standards and Everyday Low Service.

Except for the Store Manager ( to some extent ), no one really cares over there, including the Supervisors and Customer Service Manager. Their Head Office is pretty useless too.
    Neeenerz likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    After TARGET went down, Wal Mart is getting crappier by the day.

They don't have Everyday Low Prices, they just have Everyday Low Standards and Everyday Low Service.

Except for the Store Manager ( to some extent ), no one really cares over there, including the Supervisors and Customer Service Manager. Their Head Office is pretty useless too.
    I personally find that my RCSS is having the same struggle, Crappy service, Horrible Produce and Ridiculous Prices (Normally PM anywhere from 50-90% of my bill). Went in one time recently and tried to get the 3pk of Andy Boy lettuce, couldn't find any which they normally have and asked someone in produce, they said that they "don't sell romaine lettuce" ?!?!?!, Not 5 minutes later someone stocking the shelf with the 3pk lettuce! Employees don't seem to know whats going on in their store half the time!!!!
    Neeenerz likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I personally find that my RCSS is having the same struggle, Crappy service, Horrible Produce and Ridiculous Prices (Normally PM anywhere from 50-90% of my bill). Went in one time recently and tried to get the 3pk of Andy Boy lettuce, couldn't find any which they normally have and asked someone in produce, they said that they "don't sell romaine lettuce" ?!?!?!, Not 5 minutes later someone stocking the shelf with the 3pk lettuce! Employees don't seem to know whats going on in their store half the time!!!!
    Haha, that's hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information