User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: What do Smartcanucks buy at Costco?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I love Better than Bouillon and I hear Costco has great prices on it. I don't have a membership but I am always following Costco news to hear of any deals. That would be the biggie for me.
    @Shwa Girl, you are the Costco master! It would be nice if we had a Costco thread here so people could more carefully weigh whether they want a membership or not. I love hearing about your deals. Thanks!
    I love the better than bouillon as well, and the Costco size is a great buy. However it does taste a bit different than the jars I buy at Sobeys, it is the same brand but the Costco one is organic. Usually organic is a good thing but I find the flavour not as good as the non organic version!!
    lecale and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I love Better than Bouillon and I hear Costco has great prices on it. I don't have a membership but I am always following Costco news to hear of any deals. That would be the biggie for me.
    @Shwa Girl , you are the Costco master! It would be nice if we had a Costco thread here so people could more carefully weigh whether they want a membership or not. I love hearing about your deals. Thanks!
    Yes, I saw Better than Boullion there. Again, you don't have to get a membership because you can shop on costco.ca. I know the membership is not for everyone.

BTW, Real Canadian Wholesale Club/Cash and Carry is a good alternative for some. Have found some deals on spices, rice, even veggies there. No membership required and you don't have to own a business to use this store.
    https://www.wholesaleclub.ca/
    JadeAngel likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Had a membership that my parents paid for and cancelled it after a year, personally, Costco isn't for me (my parents love it). Only thing I find worth it at Costco is the gas, but I normally either go with my parents or fill up with their card as they always ask me to do for them. I can normally get a lot better deals at regular grocery stores. The precooked chicken is pretty nice there but I don't know, since I'm a student and can't buy in bulk that much it isn't for me
    thriftygranny likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Absolutely nothing, I found that without using coupons, I was spending more when the membership was factored in and its rare we got out of there without buying extra stuff.
    Milk is generally cheaper, but not as cheap as SDM buying towards 20x or personal offer for me. Their cat litter is the only thing I miss about the membership
    I'm not close enough to a store to justify getting membership...
    walkonby likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Had a membership that my parents paid for and cancelled it after a year, personally, Costco isn't for me (my parents love it). Only thing I find worth it at Costco is the gas, but I normally either go with my parents or fill up with their card as they always ask me to do for them. I can normally get a lot better deals at regular grocery stores. The precooked chicken is pretty nice there but I don't know, since I'm a student and can't buy in bulk that much it isn't for me
    If the Costco locations in Nova Scotia sold gas, I would definitely keep my membership. Unfortunately they do not sell gas here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    If the Costco locations in Nova Scotia sold gas, I would definitely keep my membership. Unfortunately they do not sell gas here
    gas is good--I agree
    today, got some Costco gas for 1 per liter and nearby gas stations were at 1.10 per liter
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't have a membership (not worth driving through the busiest traffic route in Canada to get there for our small family lol). But we always ask our pal with a membership to buy us a deli Quinoa salad. It is really really good
    costybex likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Both stores are around 20 minutes away from me, but I'd definitely fill up if they had them. A month ago, I was in Bangor and went to the BJs gas bar. It was 5¢ less per gallon if you shopped inside the store first. $2.05/gal just makes you sad as it's currently $1.15/L.
    costybex likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information