User Tag List

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

momof5boys -yep I was gonna say a bath chair too -as I never had railings for my mom in the shower but a bath chair
    -well son took me to costco this morning -not for me with just the 2 of us -I spent 35.00 decided to give my son half the money for the 2 roasts -I took one home we divided and he got 2 Heinz large ketchup for 6.39 we split that up too
    -talked to my daughter for an hour just now -Sebastian still has his cold but a tiny bit better

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Tomorrow I have an appointment 45 minutes away so dh said it would make more sense to check out the Juke then as it's only another 30 minutes which suits me better anyways, I hate travelling.

I have a pork roast in the oven on a slow cook, I stocked up in November and apparently I shouldn't have as the kids both hate pork roast.....can't win for trying, however, they're quite capable of fixing themselves something given their ages 13 & 16. That's the new rule which I am enforcing this year

Dh is working his way up to painting Jaden's (ds1) door and window trim....I'm going forward with the attitude that I'll do as much as I can myself (need to repaint the upstairs doors), I'm hoping to get this done in January and go from their.

Wishing everyone a great day, going to work on my January to do list for myself and get motivated as things progress.
    @sweet sparrow great news about your LO not needing supplements and a little more sleep for you
    @Angela273 hope you feel better soon
    @Granger wishing you a speedy recovery as well

Wishing everyone a great day

Would your kids eat pulled pork on a bun? That's what I use pork roasts for.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Thanks all for your suggestions regarding support in the shower for my elderly in laws. I'll go to a Home Care support place for suggestions. I really don't want to drill into the tile. We were thinking of the suction type grip handle but our tile has a wee bit of texture so I would think the suction wouldn't hold.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Do either/both boys like gravy? This has been the fix to get my guy to eat any roast I make!
    Yes they love gravy BUT hate roats, I've tried cooking beef & pork so many different ways to Sunday and nada they just hate them.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For those of us with picky eaters-and I know there are a few of us-I suggest we trade the kids around as maybe they will all be polite and eat it at someone else's house. Lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mom of 5 Boys-if you can't rent a bath seat you might be able to pick one up cheaply on Kjiji.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've come to the conclusion over the years that you can't please everyone I just find it frustrating.

Everyone loves gravy and I make homemade but the boys don't like roasts, it's actually more of a texture issue.

We've made pulled pork over the last year and well again you can't please everyone.

I've made kabobs as well BUT it really depends on the type of roast. The ones which I stocked up on have a big bone and the meat is not easily handled raw, it's almost rubbery if that makes sense.

They will eat pork tenderloin but I has such a different texture than this roast and honestly the tenderloin is mainly not cooked as a roast.

Oh well.....moving on......I will be cooking a roast about every 2 to 3 weeks so I won't worry about it going forward as I know they don't like them.

5 more sleeps until back to work/school.....yippee.....but who's counting (haha).

My folks left this afternoon for 1 month in Arizona.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, that's a long holiday for kids - most schools started today, one division started yesterday.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Natalka when did the kids there go on vacation?

Here is Ontario our schools last day was Dec 23rd and are off till Monday Jan 9th. My work matches the school shut down every year to give staff 2 weeks off with their families.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DD went back this week and DH next week as he works for a different school-they each got two weeks off though.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Catholic schools last day was Dec. 21.

School started Sept. 1

The province recently changed the way they deal with the school year - used to be 197 school days, now it's a mandatory 960 hours of instruction.

My brother is a principal in Northern AB - they are off until next week as well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my hubby is enjoying 2 weeks off as well with the school kids
    -well off to take my older brother to freshco for a few groceries -haven't seen him in awhile so may stay for a tea with his wife
    -haven't taken the tree down -have to be in a good mood to do it
    may have a sale from kijiji -my puzzles 16.00 for the bunch -lets hope it goes thru

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's Thursday! Wow. Week is going by fast. DS has hockey in an hour so at least that gets him out of the house.
    We are still in a blizzard today. So I don't want him roaming the neighbourhood.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have it in my bathroom, I'll try to remember to post the name later. Some nasal sprays can thin the lining in your sinuses over time. I can't use antihistamine because I am nursing. I know that I have a lot of allergies, mostly environmental. The last time I was tested for allergies was in high school. I was allergic to 30 out of 32 things that they tested for. Completing the test made my body go on overload. I had to be taken home to have a long nap. I constantly have various amounts of sinus congestion.

I could call our medical coverage and see what coverage we might have for mouth guards. I've considered it in the past. Dh says that I don't grind my teeth very often at night, but I used to do it years ago while falling to sleep. I do catch myself clenching my jaw sometimes during the day. I try to consciously relax it and stretch.
    My mouth guard really helps as I have neck problems and TMJ. I notice a big difference when I don't wear it....you can now get one for either your upper or lower teeth. I too am allergic to just about everything under sun as per an allergy test. A good allergist doctor can recommend something safe to use during nursing. I find nasal rinsing really helps with allergies and I have an air cleaner in the bedroom and a humidifier in my living room (as dry air aggravates my sinuses).
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jan 5th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Thanks all for your suggestions regarding support in the shower for my elderly in laws. I'll go to a Home Care support place for suggestions. I really don't want to drill into the tile. We were thinking of the suction type grip handle but our tile has a wee bit of texture so I would think the suction wouldn't hold.
    Check out the Red Cross - they rent bath chairs I think.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information