User Tag List

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Fortinos did have the raspberry leaf tea in the Traditional Medicinals line! Happy me (hoping for some joint relief because it's been acting up during this fine cold snap). Bought the butter for the cookie recipe and a few other things.

Popped into Dollar Tree for mac & cheese boxes and caramels and had a look at Value Village's cold weather items-I almost went for a pair of tights but having purchased a brown pair for Mom, I did not want one more in that colour. Noticed the sign by entrance-Monday Jan. 9 is the 50% off clothing, accessories and shoes day! Club Cardholders, expect an e-mail to tell you that Sunday is the day to get your 50% off one day early. I looked through various clothing categories for possibilities-sweaters both pullover and cardigan, long sleeve tops/blouses, coats, dresses (for the fabric) and men's shirts. Noticed 5 short sleeve shirts, all have silk tags and look like summer casual tops in men's medium-too small to alter but 4 of them have same brand label and a couple of them are textured (like the orange shirt I bought in the spring at a rummage sale)-I am seriously debating a Sunday trip to try one of them on with plan to wear it with sweaters during winter. I looked at the men's dress shirts-did not see a pattern or colour worthy of my alteration efforts. Perhaps more stock will be on the racks by Sunday and I'll find something.
    Pants-the navy ones look worn. Saw an old brand of wool pants in good condition but in black-not keen to have a 2nd pair. Might have to check out Talize when the weather warms up after Monday.

McDonald's is a very cozy/smaller location-liked the sloped bolster seat to lean on while waiting for my order to be made. Flooring has a curved plank floor in the dining areas looking like it's from a boat, plus large floor tiles near the entrance/order area. Love the long button tufted booth seat and the red wooden chairs. Angus meal was worth the time-was surprised that I managed to drink the entire medium size beverage. I'm impressed by the youth staff working at the location too. I had not realized all the combination possibilities for building an Angus burger as the kiosk screen showed. One day I'll try the kiosk to test the options.
    Glad to hear you treated yourself.

Have you thought of buying loose tea at bulk barn, I'm not even entirely sure they sell it BUT it's super light and I would think it may be reasonably priced, just a thought
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Laundry seems to be a never ending chore for many Mum's-particularly those with kids. I must say I am looking forward to no grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning or laundry for the rest of the month-unless I choose to wash my own on the ship-which I might as it will be cheaper- I feel the need to be frugal somewhere!

I realize I am fortunate to have the health, time and $ to travel so will appreciate it while it lasts. Anyway, I best do my third and final packing check, get ready and head to the airport. I grocery shopped for the family earlier this week( and circled good deals in the flyers that came yesterday as DH might not recognize a good price if he fell over it-lol) and there are leftovers in the fridge for today muffins, black bean soup and cabbage roll casserole-of course they are perfectly capable of looking after themselves but I have been in a cooking mood this last couple of days.
    Have a wonderful time with your sister

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Laundry is all washed and hanging downstairs to dry.

Dh took ds1 to get his medical card paperwork and photo as he's now 16 and responsible for himself.

Then they have orders to buy socks for ds1 and a pair of dress pants for dh to wear to work.

Supper tonight is homemade burgers with the works.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J & C: will you be letting the 16 yr old drive the new car? we have told our son he can only drive dad's car as its a 4 cylinder, wagon so totally uncool. He begins lessons this month. I will be happy when he can drive himself o and from work, its a lot of back and forth.
    I have pulled something in my back, ouch. I never have back pain and this is not fun. I can't even bend over.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    J & C: will you be letting the 16 yr old drive the new car? we have told our son he can only drive dad's car as its a 4 cylinder, wagon so totally uncool. He begins lessons this month. I will be happy when he can drive himself o and from work, its a lot of back and forth.
    I have pulled something in my back, ouch. I never have back pain and this is not fun. I can't even bend over.
    I am very envious of the hockey kids I see drive themselves to the arena!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Organized/cut out some coupons. I had a pile of Walmart magazines that I needed to de-coupon! Now I have a bunch of coupons in a special pocket in my purse looking for a deal. (Pampers- for baby shower gift. Hope to stumble a great clearance deal and stock my friend up!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can anyone use:

Save $4 off any Finish Quantum Max or Max in 1
    Save $1 off any Finish Dishwasher Cleaner, Jet-Dry or Freshner

Expire Jan 31, 2017. No trade needed.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Thank you, it's used but super low mileage and well within our set budget so we are excited. Feels like we are getting back on track, it takes a while sometimes.
    Congrats on the new ride; a Charger is pretty sweet!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hi ladies -my I have one code left from the toy offer(would love to trade it for a pampers diaper code) -I was able to get 2 cpns for the free 10.00 value toy -ordered my second one today thye still have the first offer too (free toy or game 10.00(50,000 available)did any of you ladies need just one ??? angela or sweet sparrow are you doing the toy offer ??
    @coupon girl : Thank you, I would if I still was able to use my work address. I think I sent mine away in October. I do have a question for you as you seem to be quite an expert with puzzles. Do you know where I could find a 100 piece puzzle for our 3-year old? I've seen the 48 and 300 piece puzzles at Walmart but nothing in-between.

We've now made the transition to cloth diapers. Oh laundry will be interesting and never ending from now on!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo hope your back feels better soon
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Toy R Us and Amazon both sell 100 pc puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @coupon girl: Thank you, I would if I still was able to use my work address. I think I sent mine away in October. I do have a question for you as you seem to be quite an expert with puzzles. Do you know where I could find a 100 piece puzzle for our 3-year old? I've seen the 48 and 300 piece puzzles at Walmart but nothing in-between.

We've now made the transition to cloth diapers. Oh laundry will be interesting and never ending from now on!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, so here's the bad thing that happened on Dec 30. Someone hit and ran my parked van while I was grocery shopping at Sobeys. I was parked close to the door, using my wheel chair accessible sign, my driver's side was facing an empty wheel chair parking spot. A black vehicle hit and ran my driver's door, sliding door, and the part below both doors. I filed the police report on the weekend. I just got back from the SGI assessment and there is $1,400 in damages to my driver's side. Good thing I pay for a package policy with a $200 deductible. I was told that I shouldn't have any points put on my license, I will double check this next week. I have a perfect driving record, no points ever put on my license. I have maxed out the good driver's discount, which is 2% per positive point on your license. The police officer informed me that SGI has now moved the max discount from 20% to 25%. So if this hit and run had cost me points on my license, then I would lose a substantial discount over the next number of years. SGI has increased the cost of plating most vehicles (which I know is much cheaper in SK vs other provinces), so this good driver discount is important to me. Too bad there are no vehicle rental places in town and this repair shop can't get my van in until Jan 16, they still only have courtesy cars and trucks.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, so here's the bad thing that happened on Dec 30. Someone hit and ran my parked van while I was grocery shopping at Sobeys. I was parked close to the door, using my wheel chair accessible sign, my driver's side was facing an empty wheel chair parking spot. A black vehicle hit and ran my driver's door, sliding door, and the part below both doors. I filed the police report on the weekend. I just got back from the SGI assessment and there is $1,400 in damages to my driver's side. Good thing I pay for a package policy with a $200 deductible. I was told that I shouldn't have any points put on my license, I will double check this next week. I have a perfect driving record, no points ever put on my license. I have maxed out the good driver's discount, which is 2% per positive point on your license. The police officer informed me that SGI has now moved the max discount from 20% to 25%. So if this hit and run had cost me points on my license, then I would lose a substantial discount over the next number of years. SGI has increased the cost of plating most vehicles (which I know is much cheaper in SK vs other provinces), so this good driver discount is important to me. Too bad there are no vehicle rental places in town and this repair shop can't get my van in until Jan 16, they still only have courtesy cars and trucks.
    Oh that sucks, I remember you saying someone had hit your truck that was on your road outside your house (if I remember correctly). I'm guessing Sobey's has no video surveillance footage. so sorry you are having to deal with this again

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh angela sorry to hear that
    -sweet sparrow -have you tried thrift stores like value village or talize
    -well returned wool coat I bought hubby today -doesn't fit and the sleep pants I just wanted to exchange but didn't have my size-I found another hue pair of sleep pants in store with kitty design but she wouldn't exchange as it was a different sku -oh well got 77.00 back on my credit card -took hubby into marks workwarehouse -to find him a new winter shirt -but he hates shopping the 2 he tried on didn't fir -he told me he is happy with 5-6.00 thrift shirts -uhhhh men

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela sorry to hear about your van. As Jasperandchar said does Sobey's have cameras?

A co worker's husband had his truck damaged in the Canadian Tire parking lot, the police would not go to Canadian Tire to ask but he did and then once he told the police Canadian Tire had it they went and looked into. Seems kind of backwards that he had to do all the leg work but it really helped to have the information when he went to insurance.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information