User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Great start to our day! We were up early for DS's hockey so I was able to call in to radio for contest. We won! Gift certificates for Mcdonalds, the flag store and a custom cake shoppe (to redeem for a cake!)!! Great little prize pack.

Made DS bacon and eggs for breakfast (we had the same for dinner last night lol) but he enjoys that after early morning practice.
    I ran the dishwasher last night and emptied it this morning. Kitchen is clean. I can't stand a messy kitchen.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Returned my boots back to Sears - advertised as warm but were rated zero degrees for sitting or standing which was surprising for Cougar as they used to be such great boots. No problems returning them which was nice. Today is my pool class and a possible trip to Costco for oranges and check out if there are any Buffalo jeans left. Really getting into my book "The Nest" - have 300 pages left before next week.

Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    heading out to explore Montevideo, Uruguay this a.m.
    Enivious, the fact we are finally crawling out of the two week deep freeze is that we will see above zero temps soon gives me some consolation!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to pluto this morning first in line -yeah got 13.32 back -4.20 goes to my daughter-in-law ,so I made 9.12 then went to bay returned hubby's top 19 something back on my mastercard then over to value village got 3.50 credit for the top that had holes so got 2 puzzles after 3.50 off 2 something
    -got hubby prescipition only 25.40 so no that bad picked up a few items in rexall for gifts for next year 2 small ombre bags with trail size 3.76 each large ombra gift set 11.96 -maybe for me (love lavender)-then home

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    IF you don't mind my asking how do you rate or decide what is frozen expired food?
    Hi Jasper....I don't mind you asking at all...I get out my beloved magnifying glass (with a built-in flashlight) and scour the package for an expiry date. I can usually find one. If not, and I can't remember buying it in the past year, I have been turfing the package out. I have found stuff from a couple of years ago; I know because I can remember the sale, LOL. { They weren't such a big savings after all.}
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into No Frills on my lunch to get out of the office.
    Spent $5.90 and got:

Strawberries $1.88
    2 x Old Mill Bagels .88 each (received 400 pc pts on each) Bagels are horrible for you but sometimes DS likes one with cheddar cheese so this is much cheaper then $2.30 at Tim Hortons!! (will freeze and pull out as needed)
    2 x Armstrong cheese bars (450G) $3.77 less 50% off less .75 coupon!!! They expire January 31, 2017. So far away!!

You totally have to be open to deals when you find them. I am going to make a point of going to No Frills mid-week and see what I can find that we would use up at 50% off and work in meal. My store is great for marking bread/yogurt/milk etc way before the expiry date.

Then went to RCSS and found some good coupons.

$1.00 off Coke, Nestea (will buy a few cases for summer/company. We don't drink it but I feel bad I don't have to offer company)
    $1 off smuckers
    $1 off Adams Natural PB
    $2 off Folgers
    $1 off Folgers K-cups
    Save .50 cents when you buy 2 Delmonte 960ml products (hoping to find deals for food bank with these coupons)
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Returned my boots back to Sears - advertised as warm but were rated zero degrees for sitting or standing which was surprising for Cougar as they used to be such great boots. No problems returning them which was nice. Today is my pool class and a possible trip to Costco for oranges and check out if there are any Buffalo jeans left. Really getting into my book "The Nest" - have 300 pages left before next week.

Have a great day everyone!
    I gave that book, "The Nest" to my sister as a gift....was wondering how it was...let us know what you think when you finish it, ok? Happy reading!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lol, me too. The freezer is fairly rotated but I did serve a prime rib recently that I froze in March. it was a nice treat in otherwise tight month. I also used up a cake mix dated January 2016. the kids ate it up and no one died. I am getting pretty excited about all the close to date stuff that is getting used this month and with almost half the month gone I have used less then 1/4 of the grocery budget.
    Bravo! Way to go! (Glad no one died, LOL!)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Forgot to add $1 off any 2 Wonder Bread loaves coupon found at RCSS. Expires May 31, 2017.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Popped into No Frills on my lunch to get out of the office.
    Spent $5.90 and got:

Strawberries $1.88
    2 x Old Mill Bagels .88 each (received 400 pc pts on each) Bagels are horrible for you but sometimes DS likes one with cheddar cheese so this is much cheaper then $2.30 at Tim Hortons!! (will freeze and pull out as needed)
    2 x Armstrong cheese bars (450G) $3.77 less 50% off less .75 coupon!!! They expire January 31, 2017. So far away!!

You totally have to be open to deals when you find them. I am going to make a point of going to No Frills mid-week and see what I can find that we would use up at 50% off and work in meal. My store is great for marking bread/yogurt/milk etc way before the expiry date.

Then went to RCSS and found some good coupons.

$1.00 off Coke, Nestea (will buy a few cases for summer/company. We don't drink it but I feel bad I don't have to offer company)
    $1 off smuckers
    $1 off Adams Natural PB
    $2 off Folgers
    $1 off Folgers K-cups
    Save .50 cents when you buy 2 Delmonte 960ml products (hoping to find deals for food bank with these coupons)

Folgers coupons for larger or regular?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Any Folgers Ground Coffee (750-920G) Want them? No trade needed!
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had that $8 pickup at lunch time today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm going to check my Independent grocers this weekend for the $2 Folgers and $1 Wonderbread, I hope they have them in stock, great coupons

Supper tonight is homemade spaghetti, I have 2 containers set aside for dh & mine's lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow I must hussle and do some banking 1st thing or it won't get done.....I find as the day progresses I lose motivation.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got up from a nap. This morning's nap was very short lived. I've had low motivation today, so I spent time inside with our 3 kids. I managed to fold and put away one load of laundry that I did last night. Tonight's supper will be wraps made with bison roast. I'm going to freeze the rest of the bison roast after I slice it up.

We discovered last week that our living room TV was damaged. We had purchased extended warrantee from The Brick, so we now have 90 days to purchase a new tv with the $550 credit. They don't manufacturer plasma tvs anymore, which is why we are receiving a credit towards our new tv instead of a replacement tv. We are allowed to buy whatever TV we want and we'll probably buy extended warantee again. The Brick's extended warrantee gives you the opportunity to redeem the amount you paid for extended warrantee and use it towards anything in their store, if your warrantee is about to expire without having been used. This is our first time using the extended warantee. A different extended warantee was about to expire, so we used the credit towards the purchase of our son's twin bed last year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jan 12th, 2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Fixing auto correct, then it'll make sense.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just went through canned goods and sorted them - I don't usually keep more than two or three of something, so there's not a lot, but it was time to see what was low/missing.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information