User Tag List

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Saturday! I'm awake so thinking I should just get up. Tons of laundry to do so will get that sorted. Then take meat out to do some batch cooking. A whole chicken for sure! I have many in my mom's freezer!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

was up early 6.30 -gee wish I could sleep in -gonna go see my grandson today in toronto-weather is great -cant wait to babysit him tonight -daughter is making homemade pizza for us -yummmm
    -just ordered off the gap their winter stuff is up to 75% off top for me 11.99(this top I already have in black but ordered the blue as its made out of model and so light -(with my hot flashes I hate really warm tops or sweaters)then ordered a baby onsie 9.59 and a bath towel 13.79 for a gift for the end of april for a baby boy(my son's really great neighbour)and awesome couple that have helped us out with my echo car a few years ago before we sold it -plus I got gap cash for feb - I love the gap clothing

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reitman's has a blouse sale but the bell-sleeved top is not included. Noticed the website has a true blue (Verona Blue) version of the top that I don't recall seeing in stores. Now a #want item!
    BurdaStyle's January issue has a plus-sized lingerie/pyjama section-sewists may wish to get a copy before they are sold out. That means I need to get one too. I've seen a preview of the February issue on the German publisher's Twitter and website. Have to compare content between the English and German issues (page count and articles).

Today's gray skies need all the bright Post-It Notes I can use. Where is Ms. Sunshine today?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey painted the 1st coat on the closet this morning. Then we went running around. No Frills, SDM, Food Basics and RCSS. Tons of deals on fresh stuff. My mom has left for warmer Temps for the next 5 weeks so I had to go grab all her perishables. Score!! Pineapple, apples. Bananas. Yogurt. Cucumber. Bag of carrots. Homemade veggie dip. I also took most of my meat from her freezer. Oh my. I have 3 family packs of ground beef and 2 whole chickens thawing. Going to cook up a storm tomorrow. Many more of each to use up next month. I also cut up all the strawberries, pineapple and veggies for the dip. My teen will be happy to have "ready to grab" food.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is an amazing pasta my man makes with bacon, grape tomatoes and Alfredo sauce. It is so good. Pull BSCB and bacon from freezer. We bought the tomatoes but have everything else on hand.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

I have a call into the car dealer, they some how charged us plate stickers for the whole year but the car only has stickers until May (believe me it's not an accident). They told me to call back on Monday when the secretary is there, I guess she will have to check the files as the finance guy has no access which I don't believe. They offered to refund the difference on a gift card which I politely declined as this is a provincial (law) matter and not something to just discard. They can't deny the charges they are in black in white and cannot add to licensing fees.

Does anyone have dot protect or VIN etching on their vehicles, does it lower your rate. I've asked for a letter to provide to insurance provider so that they will have this in their files. I was charged a anti theft fee (long story short I won't get into it as after the warranty I will be getting that back....again long story), they told me I have etching....BUT I don't (haha) easy enough to prove but I'm requesting the letter so I have them by their necks and in a blaten lie. However, my car does have dot protect which was never mentioned at anytime during the deal. So basically I want a letter stating I have etching which is what I was told I have and charged for BUT have dot protect which is not even the same thing or remotely similar. I'm trying to be polite BUT with the dealership it's been extremely difficult to bite my tongue and not point out the fees that I never should have been charged. Being the smart cookie I am I have a screen shot of the add for the sale price etc....so they can't deny me BUT will have to admit to wrongly been charged etc. for items as Ontario has a law that all in pricing no suprises with exception being licensing fees & HST.

Thruthfully there are a few sketchy things we were charged for with the new vehicle, I won't rock the boat until our 30 day warranty has finished. But I am prepared, you just can't trust anyone sadly.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I agree, I would not accept a gift card. It's pretty suspect since they know who the car is registered to and the birthdate.
    We met with the 1st of 3 kitchen contractors. This is going to be an expensive adventure. We are replacing all appliances as well. It's time and we have waited a long time for this Reno. I am excited though, not looking forward to the chaos.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone

Today is Mom's Birthday we were supposed to do Dinner & Movie but I am a little under the weather. I came home Thursday night with a massive sinus headache and Friday i woke up sick. I am feeling a bit better today but noise is still really getting to me. I took some pills this morning and was able to go to a late lunch with Mom, bro and bro's gf.

After lunch we went and did some shopping, we have been lacking fresh produce this week. When Mom went shopping they were out of everything on sale so it has been sparse all week. Decided to go to the local Chinese market ad they had a number of our Veggie Staples on sale. We got the following all on sale:
    Napa Cabbage
    Mushrooms
    Red Peppers
    Blueberries
    Oranges
    Strawberries
    Lettuce

I am hoping I am getting over what else this is as I am hoping ti do a large batch cook tomorrow to prepare for the upcoming week. I am thinking so far I will make a stir fry and a soup. Off to Pinterest to see what I can come up with. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy good luck with the dealership.

Angela February will be a busy month for you and your family.

Lilo I think kitchen renovations are the most stressful. We did our right after we move in as the kitchen wasn't functional it was stressful but so worth it when it was done.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Nancy good luck with the dealership.

Angela February will be a busy month for you and your family.

Lilo I think kitchen renovations are the most stressful. We did our right after we move in as the kitchen wasn't functional it was stressful but so worth it when it was done.
    Lol, it's why the whole house is remodelled. But the kitchen just seemed so daunting that we left it until the end. We may be taking part of our oldest sons room but he keen for the Reno so not adverse to the idea. It's just his closet. Then we will build a wardrobe for him.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was great. Cooked taco beef for the freezer. Kitchen nice and clean. Watching movie at 9 ☺
    Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have 106 meatballs in the oven right now. We went grocery shopping later than I had planned, so I made a supper of snack foods. Baby carrots, celery sticks, dried cranberries, garlic sausage, marble cheese, garlic dill pickles, crackers, and a glass of milk. We'll have meatballs as part of tomorrow's lunch. I saved 40% off my groceries at Sobeys today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey ladies -If you don't see me on here in awhile (like if I am missing for a week) -our computer is acting up -so we may get a new one (and that is why we save in life -things crop up)I will get another desk top as I cant stand laptops
    -watched Sebastian last night ohhh poor little guy is teething he cried for almost and hour shoving his fist in his mouth ,but then I talked to him sang to him ,put him on the playmat so much fun -he fell asleep in my arms for a cat nap and papas arms too -I got him to sleep to in his crib at 9.10 so happy as I hoped I wouldn't still have him awake when daughter and her hubby and their friends walked in at 11.00-my daughter makes the best homemade margarita pizza with basil -yummm that was our supper

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Guess I better get up. Laundry and food prep. And hope to get out a bit on my own for a little window shopping.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Costco doesn't do it for me either, I have to mentally prepare myself to go. Where else do you pay to shop at their store and get your underwear and your roast beef packed in the same box, that is if they even put it in a box. We have had a company membership for years and my husband loves to go once in a while for office things. I have seriously considered inventing a Costco flask to make the trip less painful for me, it would come with a really buff cutie that will drive me home and play jenga in my fridge while trying to put my giant sized items away.
    I do find Costco's pharmacy area worthwhile. My generic Claritin 124 pack costs about $14 which pays for my membership as it is so expensive at most retail locations.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information