User Tag List

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Chickens almost cooked. Feeling accomplished today and the day just got started! I clean as I go so make starting the next job easy. Need to dig out my Energizer battery coupons. Found a deal! Off to clean my birds!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I do find Costco's pharmacy area worthwhile. My generic Claritin 124 pack costs about $14 which pays for my membership as it is so expensive at most retail locations.
    You are probably right Barbis, I haven't really had a good look at the prices in the pharmacy, I know my doctor told me it was the best place to buy vitamins. I am glad you could find a deal on the allergy meds. I guess for me it is the whole experience I hate, ours is packed all the time and the staff are miserable most of the time.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It's been a while since I posted. Christmas travel south we went over budget and are working on paying that off. Our stove was dying so black Friday we had ordered a new one which was delivered on the 23rd of dec. Omg what a difference a functional oven makes for making meals.

I've been working on knitting and pyrography lately. Hoping (still) eventually I'll have enough stuff made to sell at a craft fair AND NOT be gone the day of the sale.

Also over the holidays we put an offer in on a house and spent ages gathering information for mortgage application. I'm a tad miffed in that procedure as we applied....she gave us a partial list of things needed....information provided that (except for quotes on work as the realtor said until the offer was accepted they had to wait for contractors access) we were given another list of info required another's told she was going told she Mexico the next day for 2 weeks. I sent theinfo 2dats prior to ger return. 2 days after she got back she called asking for that info again.....finding the email sent after I told her the date another's time I sent it. She told us she needed the quotes but woukd work on the other numbers....fast forward 6 days later the contractors quotes are submitted and we get told she hadn't even started on our file. She's had our request for a MONTH and I had given her everything BUT the 2 quotes for work to be done. She keeps saying she's going to call then doesn't.

So we sit in limbo now waiting on the bank.

A new to us bigger house will result in needing a tad more furniture but the extra bathrooms and space will be woth it.

Hope everyone is well. I'll catch upon posts soon!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

While waiting for the chickens to cool I finally started and finished a project I have wanted to do for a long while. Clean out the linen/hba supplies closet! I have a large CT bag filled with garbage. A box ready to post for sale and tons of space! I also filled a basket with things to use up before we venture in basement for new bottles etc. Shampoo samples. 1/2 cans of shaving cream etc. Chickens are dealt with and kitchen clean. Will start the burger patties and meatballs in a bit.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone!

Last evening, I needed to find some pork for what I wanted to make for supper tonight - and it ended up that we pretty much cleared through 2/3 of the deepfreeze - and yes, found the pork I wanted - but it also was a good way to have a stocktaking of what was in there!

Made chop suey for supper - so nice because I had all the veggies I like to use (e.g. hadn't had broccoli in ages and it was finally affordable this past week) and cans of stuff on hand to make it. Our son is over for supper and a visit, and that meal is one of his favourites - and there is some left for him to take home. He loves veggies, just doesn't seem to cook with them on his own much....
    So we are all full and happy. The men are talking men-stuff so I took this chance to be on here for a bit and catch up with things.

Have a great evening, all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was on one of the mom swaps and someone had a box of DVD's for sale. Saw some seasons I would like and I knew my man would watch. Deal for $10 to watch and re-sell after. Well got the box and it was a jumbo diaper box with a 2nd row below Score!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to shoppers today redeemed 22,000 saved 30.00 off my bill -nice to get food and pay next to nothing -I decided I don't want to wait til next nov to use all the points -saved 3.00 at the bulk barn too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I want Spring.... I hate the cold. I miss puttering around my yard and garage.

Grabbed cream of wheat, banana and strawberries for my breakfast. Grabbed a burger pattie and bun for my lunch. Eat my lunch at my desk then hit No Frills and Walmart to walk around and get out of the office for a bit.

Spent $42.23 on groceries on the weekend and did very well. Will compliment food on hand very well. I do plan on buying romaine today and loaf of bread.

Tonight I jump back on treadmill since the paint job is done and everything is back in place. He plans on doing 2nd coat of paint on closet today after work. (worked to late yesterday). So getting the closet set up this week/weekend is the goal.

Back in organizing mode. Will start posting stuff for sale this evening. If it has tags on it it is gone. I have a few shirts and sport bras I bought (for a steal) but they are too big so will post for sale. People pay high price for used work out wear (Gross!!) so should have no problem making my money back on new with tag stuff

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh dropped our son off at Pre-K and then droppped my van off at the shop to get the hit and run repairs done. They are providing us with a loaner truck. Dh is going to drive the loaner and I'll have his truck until we get my van back.

I have a $5 pick up scheduled for today. I posted a bunch of baby boy and baby girl clothes for sale yesterday, but no interest just yet. If they don't sell reasonably quickly, then they'll go out to the shed.

edit: Dh had to help them fix the standard truck before he could drive it to work. As a result, he forgot to move a car seat into the loaner truck for our son. We have 3 car seats in both of our vehicles.

I made the $5 sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 16th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Beef roast in the slow cooker and the laundry is finished. Big job for today.....clean the freezer and tidy things up in there.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm still puzzled on how people price things for sale online. Some of the items I've seen seem like full price including the tax - but used!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I'm still puzzled on how people price things for sale online. Some of the items I've seen seem like full price including the tax - but used!
    You just have to make a judgement call. Most of my baby clothes I sell for $1/item used, unless it is something special. I sell used baby shoes for about $2/pair, unless they are name brand or in awesome shape. You have to consider the original price of the item and how quickly you want to sell it.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I agree, I would not accept a gift card. It's pretty suspect since they know who the car is registered to and the birthdate.
    We met with the 1st of 3 kitchen contractors. This is going to be an expensive adventure. We are replacing all appliances as well. It's time and we have waited a long time for this Reno. I am excited though, not looking forward to the chaos.
    Very exciting. If I can offer some advice

If you get a pantry get the ones that the shelves pullout, the fixed shelving is such a pain in my opinion.

And I absolutely love my pot drawers I wish I had another bank of them versus lower cabinets.

Stainless steel appliances are nice but they do not stay clean, finger prints. They do apparently now have finger print free stainless steel which you may want to touch and consider should you want stainless.

If you have the option get a gas stove, the electric energy saving appliances are crap in my opinion, they take 20 minutes to warm up. And the glass tops continuous go on and off which is not energy efficient in my opinion.

Also if you want under cabinet lighting, get an electrician to hard wire them so you don't get all kinds of wires dangling that need to be taped up.

I hope you don't object some advice, can't wait to hear about your kitchen adventures.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

What a loss of a day, emailing back and forth so I have a paper trail. AND many more days expected to follow suit in the next few weeks.

I have confirmed that the dealership is not an authorized dealer for tire warranty.....How crooked. I will contact the tire warranty company on the last day of our used vehicle warranty to reconfirm this information incase of an error or mis-information on their end. and to ensure I have the proper information as presented to me today.

I have confirmed that the dealership had the etching on the car done prior to our purchase (so not my problem as per MRSP pricing). The reason is because all the cars on the lot have to have etching. I was told that the etching is useless if not registerd (of course for an additional fee). So if all the cars on the lot need etching and it's not registered why bother, such liars.

Both the tires and etching were not requested but add-ons by the dealership both of which fall under the MSRP once again.

I am building my case and evidence so that when the warranty expires from the dealership, I can contact them, OMVIC and TADA and file a complaint and request for reimbursements for everything over the MSRP price should the dealership not cooperate which I am sure they will not. BUT the first step is dealing with the dealership themselves which I don't look forward to as they are being douche bags (excuse the expression).

MSRP is an all inclusive price in ONT (and some other provinces) which is mandatory. The only thing that is not included in the MSRP price is the HST and licensing fees. The dealership also charged us Admin fees which is against the law as well as some other bs fees.

Needless to say my time could be spent better than a chasing a bunch of car stuff which never should have happened.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    barbis9, Ciel and thriftygranny like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My goodness, J&C, I would have walked away from all that, way too much to deal with. There's always another vehicle, at another place, at another time...

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information