User Tag List

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sold $25 worth of stuff on Kijiji - having better luck so far this year. Other than breakfast at McDonalds just before my book club meeting - I spent no money today. Returning some stuff back to Avon - they quality seems to have gone downhill.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Just kind of sailing along here, doing some purging and organizing and lots of online window shopping to put the finishing touches on our home reno, colour scheme is picked and now to make drapes but it is a daunting task so I am dragging my feet a bit! We were to start Kitchen renos soon but we are rethinking it, we may decide to knock down a wall to combine our formal dining room in to our kitchen, It seems silly to have a room you use on special occasions only. So we are going to take a step back and really do some serious thinking, I am so glad our son in law is the best finishing carpenter ever so he is lots of help.
    My eat from the freezer month is going well except I bought a beautiful spiral ham for less than half price today and I couldn't pass it up!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well had ashlyn today -took her to fortinos on the way to my house spent 32.00 got 1,000 p.c points in total mostly pears ,bananas ,blueberries ,romaine and a few other items
    -spent the day at my house as hubby is going in for a procedure on Wednesday at hospital -I will go with him as I have to drive home -I have a great book to read
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good evening, everyone. Hope all is well.

I'm baaaack!!!!

2017 is going to be a good year....I will make sure of it. Long story short, all the stresses from the last 3 years hit me at once around Xmas & I went into a weird dark place I never want to see again. I think the tipping point was the death of the little fish.

Got myself into a wee bit of trouble financially, in trying to keep my parents' home (I finally realized that I shouldn't keep it as a shrine to their memory, it was eating me up emotionally and sending me deep into debt). Now that the emotions are under control and I'm back to what passes for normal in my world, I just have to stick to a budget. Meh, it will all work out, even if I have to forego my fav holiday this year (Feb 15th - half price chocolate day!).

Oh & in the you-can't-make-this-stuff-up world I live in, a bit of the debt came from moving some furniture from my Mom's place into my little home. Movers were great, it wasn't their fault that some very old china cabinets literally fell apart as they were lifting them to put onto a dolly (if only it had happened before getting onto the truck!). I could see that being my Dad's idea of a practical joke, so I burst out laughing. Movers were just happy that I wasn't yelling at them (they kept apologizing and wondering how it could happen) when 5 pieces started the journey, but only 3 made it into my home.

On the plus side, the critters are doing very well. bff (who was by my side through Xmas, while my other bff was dealing with her first Xmas without her Dad) decided that we both needed a break from reality & found us a cheap vacation. So I spent last week in Vegas, lots of walking (& eating!) & since the Ghiradelli shop was next to our hotel, I had to stop in each day to pay them a visit and get my welcome to Vegas chocolate sample. I am now back to my old normal happy-go-lucky self, thank goodness (I don't think the critters could handle my crankiness a moment longer). Lily dog stayed with a friend of mine and was spoiled rotten (to the point, she was reluctant to come home when I went to pick her up). Quincy cat, OTOH, was not happy. Another friend looked in on him (first friend has really bad allergies) and never saw a trace of him. When I got home, he poked his head around the corner, meowed softly, then screamed as he raced towards me. I spent the next hour holding the poor boy (who wrapped himself around me whenever I tried to set him down). He's still a bit wary & watches me more than normal. Lily dog keeps trying to convince me to go visiting.

Right now, things are topsy turvy in terms of living space. I have furniture all over the place (my friends came by to help me move things, but had to leave before we could finish - they're due back later this week). And I have boxes. Everywhere. Quincy cat is not impressed that they are all filled and he can't nap in them.

Sooo, lots of work in the weeks ahead, changing things around, starting a new chapter in my life. And doing my darnedest to never be unhappy again (too many wonderful things to see and do in this world to waste time feeling sorry for myself!).

Off to snuggle with a needy cat. Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Last week I was doing the same but looking at trips down South!
    On Twitter, I noticed a tweet by someone saying that Scottsdale Arizona has loonie stretching deals for Canadians.

While later `shopping` three stores`websites, I discover the intriguing Babaton line at Aritzia (I`ve only set foot in that store for a minute or two shortly after it opened in Hamilton). Like some of the pieces (another brand to look for at Value Village if I am lucky to find older pieces)! A blogger mentioned that a standalone Babaton store opened in the Toronto Eaton Centre last month (third floor where related Wilfred store was located). So I am adding to my list of must-see Toronto stores when I`m next at the Centre or Atrium on Bay!

On Sunday, I did check Talize for pants but nothing navy was long enough or just right. $17.99 tag spotted on pair of Michael kors brand of pants-ouch! Nice gold button or two but come on!

Today`s rain--call to action for Ms. Sunshine to shine and to dry tomorrow!

Mom`s cast is off (she had a clinic appt) and she now has a wrist guard with three Velcro straps ($35 later...). She cracked her wrist; doctor will have x-rays taken next week to check on healing. She has told me that some foods she`s eaten recently are giving her tummy troubles, so cooked fruits are back on the menu, not thawed frozen berries or fresh grapes (the skins set off her woes too). I will compile a cue card of foods not to bother with for reference and future shopping list guidance.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Andit, I was just wondering yesterday where you had been. A hard time to get through for you - glad you're back "On the Wild Side!"
    So, you have moved to your parent's home? Away from the hustle and life of the downtown?
    As you say, a whole new chapter. You'll have to find another "local" that serves root beer!
    I saw an e-ad today for a "kangaroo" hoody that has a front pouch where you can carry your pet anywhere- maybe Quincey cat could snuggle in and literally "hang out" with you until he feels more secure.
    Saundyl, had been missing you too. Exciting about your new abode!
    I am admiring all the renos that you all have taken on.
    J&C- we are all profiting from your very intense understanding of the ins and outs of car pricing. I am not really understanding why you are waiting out the 30 days. (Just thick, I guess.)
    Natalka, I am thrilled to hear that your temps got above 0!
    I just couldn't take that kind of cold.
    I had great plans to finish packing up Christmas today but I didn't sleep until 7:30 this morning and then managed to get in a couple of hours before the phone rang.

I hit the sack at 9:00 tonight but then woke up at 11 when DH started his night routines. I have to make sure he has taken his meds properly, help him with undressing and make sure everything is turned off and locked up . Then he gets to sleep faster and his breathing machine starts making ghastly noises and I can't get back to sleep.

Well, I will wish you all a good night and I will try to catch some zzzzs.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Time to stop drinking diet coke - up all night wide eyed and bathroom trips - no more. I figured the addiction to pop - high salt content makes you want more. Juice and water starting today and besides the cost it's not healthy to drink any pop.

Coupon girl I hope the procedure with your husband goes well today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Another school day off for the kids in our area. Didn't have to make lunches and we have food from my batch cooking on the weekend so quick to feed us today.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you barbis9
    -glad your back andit
    -up at 6.30 had to make sure hubby is on track with instructions of what to do before hospital visit ,funny how he didn't want me to go -I still worry even after this many years -I don't mind sitting In a hospital with a good book and a nice hot tea from hortons(right in the hospital)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thank you barbis9
    -glad your back andit
    -up at 6.30 had to make sure hubby is on track with instructions of what to do before hospital visit ,funny how he didn't want me to go -I still worry even after this many years -I don't mind sitting In a hospital with a good book and a nice hot tea from hortons(right in the hospital)
    Hope all goes well with your hubby's appt.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We just had to re-schedule dh's elective surgery because his work won't let him have the time off because other people are out with injuries. It's frustrating because he was given a cancelation spot around June of last year, but his work wouldn't let him go because it was only one week's notice. Dh will take two weeks of holiday time to recover from his surgery at the end of March, which is when it is rescheduled for. We are trying to look at the up side. It should be better road conditions for travel and his surgery is 2hrs later, which means we won't have to leave super early in order to arrive on time.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Time to stop drinking diet coke - up all night wide eyed and bathroom trips - no more. I figured the addiction to pop - high salt content makes you want more. Juice and water starting today and besides the cost it's not healthy to drink any pop.

Coupon girl I hope the procedure with your husband goes well today.
    Suggest you put some flavoured sparkling water-whether it is the canned Blue Menu product, another brand of mineral water that you add your fave fruit flavours to--into rotation on your menu. I don't think 7up has given me any trouble like cola pop has (frequent wide awake nights, trips to the porcelain throne).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We just had to re-schedule dh's elective surgery because his work won't let him have the time off because other people are out with injuries. It's frustrating because he was given a cancelation spot around June of last year, but his work wouldn't let him go because it was only one week's notice. Dh will take two weeks of holiday time to recover from his surgery at the end of March, which is when it is rescheduled for. We are trying to look at the up side. It should be better road conditions for travel and his surgery is 2hrs later, which means we won't have to leave super early in order to arrive on time.
    Wow, his workplace is either not giving him time off without enough notice or because other employees are off too--some nerve.
    At least you'll be a couple weeks adjusted to the Daylight Savings Time in effect by month's end.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Andit -glad you could find a reason to laugh at the furniture not holding it together. Sometimes wooden things dry out so joints/seams slip out and only moving the furniture reveals the situation. You have some excellent bffs in your life and that Vegas trip was just meant to be.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Wow, his workplace is either not giving him time off without enough notice or because other employees are off too--some nerve.
    At least you'll be a couple weeks adjusted to the Daylight Savings Time in effect by month's end.
    Haha Saskatchewan doesn't do daylight savings time. We never change our clocks.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information