User Tag List

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I have bug eyes (lol), too much computer screen time doing research in preparation for our written contact via registered letter to the dealership.

I guess my work experience and training from being a legal secretary are still ingrained in my brain (thankfully).

My research is going well and I'm building a solid case, however, I'm still nervous as it shouldn't be something that I am spending way too much of my time. 3 separate individuals could face serious fines for their part in the purchase of our vehicle. I guess some people just are not honest. I don't know whether or not they will co-operate and resolve the issue on the first attempt, however, we are prepared to move forward even if they don't. They will get 1 shot to be honest and resolve the issue amicably otherwise there could be serious consequences for all those involved in the transaction from the dealership.

I'll tell ya after all this non-sense I deserve a vacation (mental or otherwise) haha.

Supper tonight is breaded pork chops or shake n' bake pork chops not sure which.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -here's the SC blog post entry that @FallenPixels made about PC Plus cards and how to change the card settings:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/protect-your-...-being-stolen/

Yesterday when I went to the store to get PC cola, my card code came up as Earn Points Only (so the card setting change on the weekend works). The student cashier did not know about there being some PC Plus members losing points via scammers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 -here is Anne's post on this year's Sephora birthday freebie choices:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/sephora-canad...thday-freebie/

My BFF had told me she hadn't received the email in her birthday month but I did make a point to email her a few days
    ahead and tell her to take her card to the store. I still don't have an e-mail (got one in past years incl. in 2016) but I intend to venture to the mall this week and see if the Caudalie freebie is available.
    @Andit -I join your cat in being confused by this constant fog/overcast sky/looking like rain every second weather! When the light level improves by midday (like today and yesterday), that is my cue to get outside and get errands done.

Laptop and router are not happy as of last night-twice, the Internet connection stopped working. Sibling says its me but I know it's the router. Even this morning-my laptop told me I'm missing a mass storage controller. One time yesterday, the Internet connection worked again after sibling turned on his laptop. OKayyyy.
    So I'm delighted to find two dvds that I'll enjoy on my laptop tonight. This afternoon, I'll take out parts from the old desktop and see if I can get the high tower to work. I'm certain I have a pattern instruction translation stuck on that hard drive-not keen to attempt the cut and paste effort again in the library.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Ciel Thank you for the reminder to see what Birthday freebies are available in my area. I haven't received any birthday emails from Boston Pizza in a couple of years. I know DQ sends a bogo blizzard coupon, but I haven't been buying those lately, too disappointed to be worth the expense.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thank gosh this work day is OVER! Hope the rest of the week is better then today.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @jasperandchar -here's the SC blog post entry that @FallenPixels made about PC Plus cards and how to change the card settings:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/protect-your-...-being-stolen/
    Thank you
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It's been over six weeks since I've shopped at my favourite grocery store, RCSS. I used to go every weekend but now shop much closer to home. No Frills is the furthest I can travel, and if it wasn't across the street from the SDM, I probably wouldn't even make it there some weeks. I think it's affecting the offers in my PC Plus account. They certainly haven't been interesting enough to draw me out, even as a break.

So far, I haven't missed it, but they have been advertising 50% off Jamieson vitamins lately, and I wonder if the baby/adult vitamin D drops are included.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I haven't had any new daycare families sign a contract with me since my other daycare family (3 boys) moved to another city in November. I've had Facebook conversations with a number of potential daycare parents. I had one very positive parent/son tour of our home earlier in the month for a full-time spot, but he was waiting for his new job to start and I haven't received a signed contract from him yet. I have a parent/son tour tomorrow for a part-time spot to start in mid-February. I haven't had an income in over two months and it really sucks. Dh has had the same job for the last 5yrs, but overtime is very rare.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I haven't had any new daycare families sign a contract with me since my other daycare family (3 boys) moved to another city in November. I've had Facebook conversations with a number of potential daycare parents. I had one very positive parent/son tour of our home earlier in the month for a full-time spot, but he was waiting for his new job to start and I haven't received a signed contract from him yet. I have a parent/son tour tomorrow for a part-time spot to start in mid-February. I haven't had an income in over two months and it really sucks. Dh has had the same job for the last 5yrs, but overtime is very rare.
    Hang in there. The perfect match will come.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    It's been over six weeks since I've shopped at my favourite grocery store, RCSS. I used to go every weekend but now shop much closer to home. No Frills is the furthest I can travel, and if it wasn't across the street from the SDM, I probably wouldn't even make it there some weeks. I think it's affecting the offers in my PC Plus account. They certainly haven't been interesting enough to draw me out, even as a break.

So far, I haven't missed it, but they have been advertising 50% off Jamieson vitamins lately, and I wonder if the baby/adult vitamin D drops are included.
    At that price I think the vitamins will sell out quickly as I went to pick up Vitamin D at 30% and they were sold out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taking DS out of town this afternoon for an appointment so we are making the best of it. Costco! Pick up his radio prize. Sobey's for $4.99 Finish less $4 coupon! And may grab pizza for dinner. I won a $50 pizza giftcard over a year ago. I picked up 2 pizzas last year for $23 and will do the same tonight if we feel like pizza for dinner. (my honey made homemade pizza last night for dinner so we will see lol)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Ciel could you share the link to the post about pc points and captchas. I did notice the captchas but didn't know why,

THANK YOU
    I received an email from PC points today about changing my password because of what has been going on. There was no link to click with this email so I know it is legit. Apparently stolen points is becoming a big problem with PC points. It's only a matter of time before people hack in Shoppers points.....sad.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hang in there. The perfect match will come.
    I'm not being overly picky, but I am following provincial guidelines. I have had a lot of people with babies or weird requests. I am not a bus driver, but that is what some parents want from me. I need something that will work out ok for my family.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone!

I have LIKED posts on this thread for months now, so I thought I'll post today after my birthday yesterday. Feels like a new day, a new me. Not much really going on with me daily. My kids, both have autism, so our life is generally very different from the rest. I am a SAHM and my DH works full time. My DH is "super frugal" to the point that sometimes other people laugh at his frugality. I, on the other hand, have gotten used to it. We have been married for over 10 years and I have picked up significant money saving changes that have changed me as well.

Today's activity is a meeting with my son's Senior Therapist at his IBI Centre. And, for dinner KFC leftovers from my birthday yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

I have LIKED posts on this thread for months now, so I thought I'll post today after my birthday yesterday. Feels like a new day, a new me. Not much really going on with me daily. My kids, both have autism, so our life is generally very different from the rest. I am a SAHM and my DH works full time. My DH is "super frugal" to the point that sometimes other people laugh at his frugality. I, on the other hand, have gotten used to it. We have been married for over 10 years and I have picked up significant money saving changes that have changed me as well.

Today's activity is a meeting with my son's Senior Therapist at his IBI Centre. And, for dinner KFC leftovers from my birthday yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    On the positive side of his frugal nature is you are able to stay home with your children which is hard to do these days. I hope you had a great birthday yesterday - KFC leftovers are delicious!

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information