User Tag List

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm not being overly picky, but I am following provincial guidelines. I have had a lot of people with babies or weird requests. I am not a bus driver, but that is what some parents want from me. I need something that will work out ok for my family.
    Making it work for you is the reason people do home daycare! Your kids have to get the best care too!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

I have LIKED posts on this thread for months now, so I thought I'll post today after my birthday yesterday.
    You and I go way back on other threads! Glad to have you on this one. It one of my few regular threads now for commenting. I try to watch how much time I spend staring at screens!

I went to pick up my van yesterday morning, checked it over before heading into their office and I told them I wouldn't take it because not all of the repairs were done. I picked it up this morning and it looks good. The SGI adjuster only put my sliding door on the claim. The Autobody shop and I had to get SGI to add my driver's door and the spot below it to the claim. The sliding door was nearly $1,400. The entire claim was over $2,00 in repairs. Good thing I pay for a package policy with a $200 deductible. Up side is that they washed my entire van, vacuumed the inside, and gave me two more coffee mugs.
    I am glad the not so good scenario, turned out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    He was so happy with them, he enjoys the frugal lifestyle and appreciates when I can find him things he is looking for. He now has me on a mission to find vintage axes.Especially nice to get deals when things are used for camping.I found 3 long pure wool men's coats and I am turning them into a camping sleeping bag cover for his Christmas gift next year!! They cost me 27.00 for the 3 so a pretty frugal quilt.
    Love reading about your adventures.

2/3 kids have fevers/colds, but whatever I had is gone! I am calling this a blip and being positive.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm with you Granger. Our oldest spiked a fever of 103.5 last night, but Tylenol brought it down. He's not feeling great and doesn't want to eat much, but don't know what's wrong with him. I'll be keeping him home for the day. Dh and I both didn't get much sleep last night.

I'm taking dh's truck for an oil change this morning. This place is having a women's day with $5 discount (but can't be combined with our $3 CAA discount), and I'll enter their free draws. I'm also going to put $40 in fuel in his truck to get 5,000 bonus points at No Frills. Dh's truck is going into the shop on Monday, so hopefully that isn't too expensive.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 25th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger and @Angela273 hope the kiddos feel better soon

Good Morning everyone,

Laundry is washed and hanging to dry.

On my list for today is giving the bathroom a good scrub.

Wishing everyone a great and frugal day.

The T4's are starting to roll in....I'm super excited....I love tax season. I know I'm not the norm but that's okay
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My brother called me today because his insurance broker called him to offer long time customers a free roof rake. He's at work, so he asked me to pick it up and we can keep it. I also picked up 2 grocery bags or jackets, sweaters, a pair of ski pants, and a booster seat for free that a lady who posted on a local garage sale Facebook page. I left the large bag of kids Dora books for someone else.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

watched ashlyn today -we painted, watched a Charlie brown movie (part of it) she loves Charlie brown ,put stickers in a book and she helped me fold mommys laundry and put away -all fun plus I slept til 6.10 so it must have been the small glass of wine I had last night -lol
    -need to get over to shoppers for milk and whatever but can always do that Thursday morning

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a productive day. I posted earlier about getting maintenance done on dh's truck this morning and picking up free stuff in town. Since then I've cleaned house. Picked up and thoroughly vacuumed the living room, cleared and washed the kitchen table, washed dishes, scrubbed the kitchen floor, washed the high chair covers, washed the wall by the high chairs, washed the bathroom mirrors, scrubbed the bathroom sink, shipboard, and back splash. I did all of this during the afternoon, before Dh got home from work. Then I saw the text message from the prospective daycare parent who was supposed to come at 5pm, she cancelled with 1hr notice and a promise to reschedule.

Supper is turning into a plan B. Supper is a pizza from the freezer, baby carrots, and a glass of milk. I already told Dh that I want to bake oatmeal squares after supper. I really enjoy baking.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 25th, 2017 at 07:33 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My day was busy:

taught this morning, picked up girls from school, dropped one off to DH (he took two to work with him), I took oldest to Children's Hospital for Celiac Clinic, got home and did dinner (taco salad) and bedtime. I am now clearly procrastinating from report cards!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My clearance sweater has two or three little holes (will attempt fixes)-guess that is par for the last items left on sales racks. While ironing the sweater, I saw a black thread-bad move to pull on it. The right side shows a hole but this sweater is red so maybe some two colour yarn knitting here. @thriftygranny -I rely on Woolite Everyday for wool things generally. Used Woolite extra dark on the red sweater and placed it flat on a towel atop my drying rack (best $20 ever spent on the thing). I've read of Euclan in knitting magazines but don't know if its containers are about the same price as Woolite (also known as Zero prior to the Woolite buyout).

Had the Longos butternut squash soup (the onion/butter flavour precedes the butternut one so I'm glad I had this soup at home rather than in the food area. I would have liked the squash flavour to precede the onion/butter one) for lunch (container holds about 2 servings). Dinner-decided I had to eat spring mix salad as my marked down big box of it was best before today. Washed about 5 cups worth and spun the lot. Ate two big soup bowls of salad with generous dressing pours (mandarin sesame-delicious) and had a generoug amount of washed salad ready for tomorrow. Rest of salad is looking mostly fresh-will have to pick through leaves tomorrow to be sure.

Made use of the clearance gift wrapping paper from CT to wrap something Mom needs to give tomorrow. Popped into post office to buy a 10 stamp pack of the Year of the Rooster stamps-told Mom she has to write letters so recipients can ooh and awe over the stamps (a good reason to keep handwriting in use).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good Morning everyone,

I have an appointment an hour away today FIL will be driving me. I'm extremely anxious not about the appointment with the surgeon but the road conditions, freezing rain & snow....eeek....I may reschedule as my OCD will be out of control.

If we still go I will ask to run into NF for some whole chickens $1.75lbs and we need bread.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, stay safe
    You are not the only one that panics when the road conditions are bad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not being overly picky, but I am following provincial guidelines. I have had a lot of people with babies or weird requests. I am not a bus driver, but that is what some parents want from me. I need something that will work out ok for my family.
    Trust your gut feelings - you will know.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped over to the library for 3 more books on hold a novel and 2 decluttering books,then on to shoppers I am sticking to spending the threshold so I had an offer get 4,000 points when you buy food so spent 33.40 before tax and got 5,760 points as I had a few promo points offers too -also popped into bulk barn saved 3.00
    dyed my hair this morning -I am now using half a box some months so as to only do my roots (I just keep extra empty bottles to store the dye (not mixed )for awhile -cheaper than root box
    -relaxing today as I am meeting my girlfriend at swiss chalet tonight I see her about twice a year -talk more often -I have known her 31 years and when we talk its so comforting as she is a friend that's not judgemental,easy going etc,I felt like giving her a small gift bag of stuff so I spent $10.70 -see it pays to have a few items on hand in the bag is small body works body butter,facecloth,small ,hand lotion and a free note pad with kittens on it (got it free from my online order from hatley months ago)and bath salts (I divided up a 3 pack so she gets one)just nice gesture for a wonderfull friend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well popped over to the library for 3 more books on hold a novel and 2 decluttering books,then on to shoppers I am sticking to spending the threshold so I had an offer get 4,000 points when you buy food so spent 33.40 before tax and got 5,760 points as I had a few promo points offers too -also popped into bulk barn saved 3.00
    dyed my hair this morning -I am now using half a box some months so as to only do my roots (I just keep extra empty bottles to store the dye (not mixed )for awhile -cheaper than root box
    -relaxing today as I am meeting my girlfriend at swiss chalet tonight I see her about twice a year -talk more often -I have known her 31 years and when we talk its so comforting as she is a friend that's not judgemental,easy going etc,I felt like giving her a small gift bag of stuff so I spent $10.70 -see it pays to have a few items on hand in the bag is small body works body butter,facecloth,small ,hand lotion and a free note pad with kittens on it (got it free from my online order from hatley months ago)and bath salts (I divided up a 3 pack so she gets one)just nice gesture for a wonderfull friend
    Good friends are great to have . I am taking my friend and her man to a comedian show on the weekend. Will be nice to catch up- has been a crazy month!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twins napped at the same time this morning, so I was finally able to bake some oatmeal squares, unfortunately they turned out dry and crumbly. I made some calls and found out that the backordered Christmas gift was finally shipped today. The Magic Tracks is on its way, but each set only cone with one car, which is why we paid extra for a police car and fire truck. The amount billed to my credit card wasn't the right amount, so I called the company and found out that there was a global cancelation of the police car and fire truck, but they neglected to inform me on January 17. So I'm now stuck trying to figure out how to get additional vehicles for the Magic Tracks, which is particularly disappointing and frustrating after waiting for 2 months for it to arrive. I baked baking powder biscuits to go with supper tonight, which our kids seem to like better than drop biscuits. I took the kids to the Fire Department Pre-K outing, had to leave a bit early to head to skating lessons. Dh met us in the parking lot to take him to Can-Skate.

I plan on going to Sobeys Blue Friday sale tomorrow, hopefully no one hits my van this time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jan 26th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -how disappointing that the delayed present won't have all the vehicles. Rather hope that somehow there is a way to get vehicles. Baking can be fun-glad you had time to do some baking!

Made certain to view a couple of grocery flyers this morning so on my way home from library trip 1, I was able to stop at Food Basics for the pop special and for broccoli. Forgot to copy a recipe from a library item I had returned today. Will try the originating branch tomorrow to get the recipe that needed the broccoli for the fish packets-note to self-copy the recipes when you see them and don't put them off!
    Found two nickels on tonight's walk to library (trip 2) in disparate places-just saw the gleams at the right time when light was shining on them.

I was trying again to find the fish recipe online with no success but I did see this cool chip bag closing trick that does not need a clip. Have to share the link: http://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/s...g-a-clip-90234
    There are a couple of clips that get used often for other packages and sometimes the big long elastics run out so knowing this tip will save me search time for something to close the bag (I have a habit of trimming a mostly empty bag down too).

Washed more salad greens and had a big helping for supper with the some leftover canned soup.

This afternoon, my right hand started to ache around the knuckles-guess the snow flurries are on the way? There were light snowshowers this morning-they were fun to see while on the go as the snow broke up the gray sky (again!!!).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information