User Tag List

Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am going to print them off for my sept app't. She said no last time I brought it up because she said I will get LTD. But guess what...not happening I have to go through my union which will hire a lawyer etc..
    Last edited by Abby5; Mon, Jul 16th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Go for it. No time like the present to keep at it. Keep at it. I know these appeals take a long time, but you might as well use the system to waste their money as they waste your time. Such a shame this is the process.

Here, like many places, we have WCB for any work injury. I know yours is not a WCB issue Abby. They regularly deny applicants, who are usually approved once the original decision is appealed. My DH twice (two different injuries) and FIL. Not to mention lots of others I've heard about but don't personally know.
    gameprogirl likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks Tweety I need some encouragement now I feel like hiding under a rock
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

No No Abby, you don't get to hide:

Invictus:"Invictus" is a short Victorian poem by the English poet William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    gameprogirl and Natalka like this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Our Deepest Fear

by Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
    gameprogirl and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I tried self-hypnosis last night. It worked! Very interesting experience and relaxing. Had a great sleep after. So I will try it again tonight.
    $$avingmom and gameprogirl like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Please share...is there a web site??

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Here is the link to the one I used. I had a script in my head of things I wanted to tell myself while "hypnotized". It really was like deep relaxation with my brain and inner voice still working hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUt1d...feature=fvwrel
    gameprogirl and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

My psychiatrist used hypnosis with me to help me get over my driving anxiety issues after my car accident. It worked very well for me. We also used it a couple of times for pain relief, seemed to help then too.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Tweetybird999 is the hypnosis still working to help you sleep???
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I haven't tried it again yet. Getting home too late at night. But apparently the more you do it, the better you get, and better results.

Quote Originally Posted by $$avingmom View Post
    Tweetybird999 is the hypnosis still working to help you sleep???
    $$avingmom, gameprogirl and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been around these parts.

Abby, if you're having issues with your Insurance/Work, your Union can help you. If you try and contact the labour board, they will direct you back to your union (Ive had other problems where my union didn't do much) but, they will give you beneficial info you might need, but in regards to actually doing something, they won't. If they stop paying you apply for CPP disability and ODSP.

Most LTD plans through insurance companies only last 2 years. Then, if you're deemed to have something "Permanent" that will never go away, you have to fight them depending on the plan. Some plans offer a buy out, some offer an even further reduced amount for life-long disability until you're 65 pretty much. You can fight them, you just have to get a personal injury lawyer. I got one the day my insurance company was late with one of my checks, informed them I obtained legal council and now I get direct deposit (which took a year to get). My plan is done after 2 years, if I'm still gimpy I don't really know whats in store for me. I know, legally, my work has to hold my job for me for as long as it exists, my work exists, or I until I quit, or go back to work. I have a good lawyer, so I'm not really too worried about it should that day come.

Things have been bad here lately. Ive been getting tremors, losing feeling in parts of my body or being in extreme amounts of pain. My doctor thinks it might be MS/Fibro/Neuropathy. However, Neuropathy from my surgery would be in a centralized area, so it's more symptoms of early MS, I'm hoping it's nothing. I'm going to see a neurologist soon, and I finally am going to a pain clinic in September. I also applied for my disability tax credit, I don't know what really comes with that, but was informed to do so, so I did. I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping it'll be enough so we can move to a bungalow in the middle of no where. Rent pretty much anywhere is too high. Apartments don't work for all our limitations no matter where we move, and converting what we pay in rent to an actual house, it'd be cheaper to get the house with money left over to go towards general house stuff. So, I'm hoping that goes well. I can't do flights of stairs anymore, physically no matter what rental situations we're in (i've studied all the possibilities) it's not something we could physically manage. Moving anywhere would only save us $100/month. With moving fees, we'd have to live there for 2 years to pay off. My mother agreed to help us out, but I have to save her a seat in a lounge chair on weekends in our future back yard as her city get away. So, we'll see how it goes. My DH has to apply for his, though he is forgetful/lazy. If anyone is on CPP disability, or has to go on it at some point of time. Please, PLEASE make sure they take your taxes off. It'll be nearly half what you're entitled to, but my DH was stuck with a $4000 tax bill this year because they took $0 off for taxes, and we were pretty much sick from it. So, make sure to do that. No one that gets $1000/MO has $4000 at the end of the year for taxes.
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow that is crazy!! I hope you find a bungalow for rent. Around here they go for between $1200 to 2000 a month plus hydro,water, cable, gas (about $400 extra).
    I am going to contact my union at the end of the week when I get my offical no from LTD I hope they fight for me they do arbitraritation. I am sooo looking forward to this I am with a cupe union.
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am so angry right now!! LTD denied me because they sent someone to watch me on 2 days in the same week. A Wednesday and a Saturday. They observed that I am able to do my job. How can they tell that? First of all I am not at work and half not been for over a year. On the Saturday, we went to my husband's parents farm for mother's day. I made most of the food and took it. My dh drove because I took so much meds I could not even drive! And I just sat there all day. And it takes tons out of me...I just stayed in bed the next day.
    As for the Wednesday, I may have gone to a spin class. Because if I exercise at a really high level..I feel sometimes better cause I am in so much whole body pain. Some times I do errands after and take a shower and go to bed for the rest of the day.
    What could they have seen?
    They said:
    Avoid work social functions due to fatigue--- I have not been to one for 2 yrs and as for family ones that was my friend one since Christmas!
    I avoid fluorescent lights- I do this. But in the gym I cannot and my head kills but I still go
    I can run but makes my head worse- I have a lot of trouble doing this because of the constant pounding- they did not see me run at all no way
    - loud noise makes me nauseous and smells- well the gym is loud and I push through and then rest for hours after
    -I have neck,shoulder and back pain- well yes- how can they see this and say no??
    - I can work in the school gym because it is loa
    ud and music therapy is too loud.- omg they bounce ball and scream in the the school gym and music therapy is playing I trumpets like drums!- I odd not do anything like this in my normal life
    -I require assistance from friends and family for driving- they saw my dh drive on Saturday and I drove on Wednesday-a very short distance to the gym and back
    -I am tired through the day and need help making meals and cleaning- yes they would have seen mye rest for most of the day on Wednesday and I make very simple meals- and my house is a mess!
    -I have hada daily headache since may 2006- how can they deny that??

I am so confused!!
    my neurologist says I can work...I tell here everything I do.
    but LTD will not give me benefits
    I feel so stuck.....
    gameprogirl likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Abby, so sorry to hear of all this stress you're going through. Get your Union involved. If they balk, mention to them that you will have to contact the media if no effort is made. Also, contact your local politician. The last thing they want is bad press.

PinkLincoln, I have the Tax Credit (took me a couple of years & a sympathetic Dr to get it). It essentially decreases the amount of taxable income, same as the personal deduction, spousal deduction, etc when you do your taxes. Not sure about your situation, but it sounds like CRA messed up somewhere along the line (I'm not surprised, one year when I did my parents' taxes, they were supposed to get $300 back; they were told they had to pay it back, along with $200; then they got a cheque for $600; then they were told to pay back $100 - argh!!! they should've just listened to me in the first place!).

Hoping everyone has a pain-free long weekend.
    gameprogirl likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information