User Tag List

Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That`s good to hear. I`m feeling better today, no more than the usual pain. Hope we all have a good day.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

the usual pain now and my leg is still acting up today but not too bad. Can't be tempted to go for a walk because it is so nasty outside and my path was completely snowed in. My dad will have to get the tractor out to make another path when the snow stops blowing. Near white out conditions right now and -28 windchill, gusts of like 60km/hr I think, thankfully it stopped snowing. The drifts outside are pretty impressive though. I will try to get some pics later and maybe post a couple. This one actually looks a bit like a wave of snow.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I experienced debilitating lower back pain for 6months before I was finally properly diagnosed and admitted to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit in July 2007. I had a sever DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) of both legs and PE's (pulmonary embolisms). By the time I was properly diagnosed there was permanent damage and I still have an extensive DVT in my left leg and PEs. I had 4 emergency surgeries in 48hrs, blood transfusions, and the works. I experienced nearly every complication the doctors thought of. They gave me less than 1 in 1Million chance that I would live.

Well here I am, nearly 2yrs since the diagnosis. I have to take a needle of blood thinners every 24hrs in order to stay out of hospital. My hematologist is one of the best in Canada, was trained in Toronto, and says that there have only been 3 similar cases to mine ever in all of Canada.

I decided to talk on this thread tonight because the pain in my leg is so bad at the moment that I am in tears. It's part of the permanent damage. I have very few treatment options for pain because of the medication I am on and my risk of hemorrhaging. I am allowed to take Tylenol or my prescription T3s.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Mar 15th, 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to mention that I am 24yrs old. To give some perspective, only 1 in 5,000 people my age will develop a DVT.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Angela I'm sorry you are in so much pain.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hope you`re feeling better this morning, Angela. I don`t know anything about your condition but I do know that it is hard to cope with such a debilitating condition, especially at such a young age. If you need a shoulder we`re here. Sometimes it helps to talk about it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks.
    I'm sorry to say that the stabbing pain in my leg really hasn't gone away since Sunday. This happens sometimes for days, but it doesn't make it any easier. I've taken two T3's today because I need to take the edge off the pain in order to focus and work. I am taking 7 university courses and learned a long time ago that one T3 at a time can take some of the edge off. Taking two T3 at a time (as prescribed) makes me lose my attention span and feel more relaxed/tired.
    My fiance wants me to take a break and elevate my leg, which will help the circulation which is a problem with this condition. I wear a thigh high compression stocking for that very reason.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My leg is doing much better today. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

hi Angela-I haven't been on this thread in awhile and I am sorry i wasn't on here to hear about your stuff while it was going on. I am happy to hear that your leg is doing better tho and I should be here if you ever need support. If not there are a couple amazing people here as well that have obviously been there for you. I live in Alberta and I am 25 and have an idea what it is like to be in so much pain-I can't relate completely to what you are going through because I don't have what you have but I have an idea of what it might be like for you sort of. I hope that you don't have too many of these days where your leg acts up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks Dealsniffer.
    At this point my leg and related pain is a fact of life. It has its days and I do what I can. My fiance is very supportive and he really doesn't mind when I call and tell him how badly it hurts. He lives 5 hrs away and I often do not see him for 2months at a time. He was there at the hospital when the nurses were commenting that this is when many couples break up. I'm VERY in love with the man.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

hello again. so my back is acting up-well not my back so much but the nerves in my back. When I had the two surgeries the nerves in my back were cut or something to get to my spine and I have had no feeling in the skin on my back or the skin on my thighs but the nerves are coming back- I like to say they are coming back online! lol Anyways it is really painful because the nerves seem to be sending weird messages because I am having pain and when I lay down I feel like I am laying on something that is poking in to my back. I have had some burning sensations and stuff too. I am assuming it is the nerves coming back because I am starting to feel if my mom touches my back. Funny story. The top part of my thighs still don't have feeling and the other day I spilled tea on my lap and didn't feel a thing and laughed and said that I now know how to check when the feeling comes back. lol But it is somewhat scary too because if I poke myself or burn myself there-I won't feel it immediatly. I was told it can take up to a year for the nerves to work again. So August 09 marks a year from my last surgery. I just wish my back would not be in pain while the nerves come back and start working again. thanks for listening!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I hope you are progressing well.
    My surgeries were all thrombolitic, although quite dangerous in my case. I remember when the nerves were growing back at the incision site months after surgery. I would actually comment that it felt like dancing butterflies at my groin on the right side.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thanks Dealsniffer.
    At this point my leg and related pain is a fact of life. It has its days and I do what I can. My fiance is very supportive and he really doesn't mind when I call and tell him how badly it hurts. He lives 5 hrs away and I often do not see him for 2months at a time. He was there at the hospital when the nurses were commenting that this is when many couples break up. I'm VERY in love with the man.
    Angela don't be one of the many couples that break up then-be one of the few that stay together and your relationship gets stronger through all this! You have shown you can beat the odds already-I am guessing you won't break up over this! Long distance relationships can be tough so I am guessing if you are still together and planning to get married-you two probably have a strong relationship and it is good that you have someone you can call when it gets so bad as well. take care. many hugs!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I came back to university 1 month out of SICU, although I did take a reduced courseload. The doctors would tell me "please don't, you might still die on us." I ended up visiting the hospital 5 times in 2 months that fall. The doctors didn't want me lifting anything over 5lbs, so I bought a bookbag on wheels. haha. I was (and still am) at risk of hemouraging. I needed a long nap nearly every afternoon. I couldn't walk a city block without needing a break. I'd joke that at the rate I was going, I was going to find every bench on campus.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks again.
    Our relationship has been long distance most of the time. Relationships always need work, they just need a different type when you can't see each other every day.
    Take care.

Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information