User Tag List

Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks ..your relationship sounds wonderful. So glad it works for both of you
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I think if the tables were turned, he would have a better understanding. I think because we both have had to care for each other, we are more accepting of the other persons faults. If he got sick to the point where you had to dress him/care for him, he'd be more understanding about what you can't do from your illness. On the plus side, you could find someone who doesnt care about those things
    Last edited by PinkLincoln; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I think you r right. But I don't want to find anyone else
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Are you legally married? If he decides to separate because if your illness, he will still have to care for you because you'll be entitled to alimony so regardless he'd still be out whatever lack of money he's complaining about, probably more, if he realized to learn how to be accepting- he could keep his house, and his wife. Also, you can always try and contact ODSP and explain the situation to try to get help, alimony means less money they have to pay to you, so they are always willing to push for legal assistance when it comes to getting Child Support/Spousal Support out of someone. If you contact odsp and they try to discourage you based on "Oh it will take 6 months to a year" Say you want to go through with it anyway, it doesn't take that long. When I talked to ODSP over the phone, they were rather discouraging, however when I got through the doors and sat down with a social worker, she was nothing but helpful and supportive.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

They told me we made to much as a family. I wonder how it would work now?? Yes legally married. I guess I will call again! I wish my work LTD would have just paid me!! I am in the appeal stage now and then more waiting!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you are seperated and make 0 they have to help you, a few times we made too much but still got the benefits, DHs meds during cemo cost $300/mo if we didn't have that. There is also ei sick benefits, but it's only 3 months, or disability cpp if you can never go back to work and have enough saved.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Money seems to be one of the hugest obstacles when it comes to trying to get pain relief! I can understand that it has caused a lot of stress between you and your husband Abby. It does cause stress between my husband and I, but atleast I have the advantage of knowing that my case will settle (eventually) against the driver that caused my injuries and I should have some kind of financial compensation. Right now I'm in the same position as you, I can't work! I have just applied for the CP disability benefits. I just had an assessment done weeks ago and was reccomended for a program that includes injections of your own blood (platelets) into the areas that have degenerated. It is supposed to help to regenerate the damaged tissues, ligaments, spine etc. It has an 80% success rate in patients. It sounds great but I doubt very much that my insurance company is going to cover the cost, as it is $700-$800 per injection and I need the injections in several different areas. I was also told that it may take several rounds of injections to work. Why is it that all of the treatments that are non-invasive are out of our reach, because they are pretty much financially impossible unless you are rolling in $$$$.
    creative couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Yep.. Ortovisc for my knee is supposed to help but it's $200 and only a 10% guarantee.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow!! I get nerve block injections weekly(they have done nothing but numb the pain for 1 or 2 hrs) and they don't charge me. With the other pain dr I got Botox injections and it was $800 every 3 months and it did nothing (but I did look younger and could not give any expressions!!). I have spent 1000s on treatments ($30000) in 6 years.
    I just want my LTD ....I paid for it and I still pay monthly for it! I deserve it! So frustrating !!
    I exhausted my vacation and EI benefits at the beginning of my illness. Can I apply again for EI sick benefits? I thought I had to work so many hrs to be entitled to get them again??
    when (if) they give me my LTD benefits they back pay me so it will be right now$20000.
    I just have to get all the dr.s to get my appeals in ASAP !
    New mom October 2014!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I know I am jumping in here with 2 feet but both my Hubby and I have severe pain he has a broken disc in his back he has had it for 2 and half years and is goin for surgery the 12th of April , last year when his E.I ran out it was fustrating not having any income from him but it was not his fault for not having income his Dr would not fill out the Canada Disability forms so i got my church to pray that the Doctor would at least fill them out so, after 4 months he filled them out and my Hubby was aproved in 1 month and received a back dated check last Oct for over 10,000 We had an awesome Christmas but with my pain I had a really bad car acidednt 28 feb 2009 I could not move much at all, i could not dress my self or bath myself he had to do everything for and my daughter had to take care of all the housework it was depressing not being able to much at all. All I could do was lay on the couch and sleep and watch TV for over a year Then it was his birthday 1 year and 1 month later (thats all I am ging to say,) I found out that may 2010 that I was pregnant excited but really couldn't move much had to use a cane to walk 20 feet it was a long hard pregnancy and the last 2 months I had severe diabeties (jestatioal) injectiong insulion all day long. I thought how am i going to take of a baby if I could'nt move much but with rehabilitation I stated to be able to walk 40 feet with cane ect.. Then i had a c-cetion because my pelvis was totaly out of aligment now tht sucked because I had delivered a 9lbs 3 girl before . So now more pain my son was born Dec 2010, this last 15 months I have been able to do so much more and seeing my Hubby to be able to do so much less, Yes I wish all my pain was gone but It has been a difficult 3 years am I am thank-ful for my Hubby to help me even through his pain( FYI I am a really bad speller)

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

^your story is beautiful I love how you work together and look out for every one. It is true family
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I hope everyone here is coping well and that this Crazy weather hasn't been too hard to handle. I'm sure we'll all be a little happier when it settles into some more summer like weather where the temperatures aren't so up and down. Spring always seems to be a little hard to handle, at least for me. My pain is greatly influenced by weather changes! On the pausitive side, I saw the Dr. last week and asked to try Gabapentin. It's one of the only drugs I have left to try . Between my extreme sensitivity to medications and the fact that I really don't want to have to take a narcotic long term, there really hasn't been too much for choices left! The gabapentin is working!! Yay I'm in far less pain than I normally am and I'm able to still function on rainy stormy days. Days like this would normally put me to bed with dizziness, nausea and really bad pain. The gabapentin even seems to lessen the stiffness in my body, I'm able to move alot more freely. I hope that this isn't a temporary fix and that the gabapentin continues to help with the pain. It's great to feel like a "person" again. After 4+ years of daily chronic pain from my car accident I've forgotten what it was like to not be in so much pain! CreativeCouponer, I hope your husband is recovering well from his surgery and he's finally able to get some relief from the chronic pain he's been suffering from. Hugs to everyone here, hope you are all having a GOOD pain day .

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Soooooo happy for you!!!^^^^ Do u have any side effects from it? What is your dose? I ask because I was on it 2yrs and they just kept upping the dose
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Anyone tried Bowen Therapy???
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Sorry, haven't heard of it.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information