User Tag List

Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Hi everyone!!

I haven't posted in quite a while, sorry! I didn't forget about you all. So sorry to hear that so many of you are struggling with more pain. Unfortunately that is the reason for my absence on this thread as well. I have some interesting info to share though! I have been seeing a physiotherapist for the past few months for my pain condition. For those of you that don't know, I was in a bad car accident 4 years ago and suffered injuries to my back and neck. I have since had severe pain all over my body. Several Dr's have diagnosed me with fibromialgia. My Dr. Has always believed that there was something more going on. The physiotherapist doesn't have me doing any real exercise, he believes that I have Central Nervous System Sensitization Syndrome. I have uploaded a couple of pdf files that explain the condition in detail, the one is short and explains it very simply. The other article is a summary of all of the findings on pubmed, it is in medical terminology. Basically from what I understand, what happens is that when we get injured our nervous system becomes stimulated. Once the injury has healed your nervous system should return back to normal. What happens with central nervous sensitization syndrome is that the nervous system does not return to normal. Your nervous system becomes "sensitized", hyperactive. It's like someone turned the button "on" to your nervous system and now it won't shut off. Everything starts to hurt you, even the lightest touch. Your muscles spasm, you have frequent headaches, feel weather changes long before they happen. I also have frequent bouts of nausea and dizziness, jaw pain, hip pain, neck pain, back pain, fatigue, trouble sleeping, overall body pain, inability to exercise, too much activity causes me worse pain. This has been linked the Fibromialgia. I thought this may be helpful to those of you who like me have suffered an injury and have felt worse pain over time instead of getting better. Please be aware though, that this is not a very widely known disorder. My Dr. Had never heard of it before, but was willing to look at the medical documentation I had found.

This is for the people like me who love their heating pads!!! Or for those who are thinking of investing in one.

I invested in an infrared heating pad a little over a month ago. The one I purchased has jade stones in it that warm up to heat the pad. The idea of these pads is that the infrared heat is supposed to help heal, not just heat. Also the heat penetrates much more deeply into your body (muscle tissue). I have found that my infrared heating pad has been well worth the investment. It actually relieves the muscle pain, helps with headaches, relaxes muscles. It feels to me like it is helping to heal my muscles. I purchased the Therasage infrared heating pad from amazon it costs between approx. $165.00-190.00 depending on which method of shipping you choose. I find that I can not use it all day long, like my old heating pad because you actually will start to sweat. If you use it for a little bit, a couple of times a day it seems to help a lot.
    Andit, SillyLoocie and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I had some trouble posting the last message and it doesn't look like the pdf files posted with the last message so I am posting them here

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone is having an easier time dealing with their pain issues these days.The up/down weather in my neck of the woods is making it more difficult than usual to deal with the effects of the cold. Sigh. It's also been the busy time for me - Had part 1 of my annual tune-up last week and so far, all is working perfectly (at least on paper ). Critters are still entertaining me and occasionally are willing to help out around here, so all is well.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I haven't posted in here in a long time. Our little boy was born on September 9th, 2012. I experienced a large breast abscess in November, which the local doctors did not treat properly. I ended up doing 4 trips to Regina Pasqua Hospital to get it treated. I was ultimately on antibiotics for 1 1/2months during this time. They were antibiotics that were safe for breastfeeding, so we are still exclusively nursing to this day. I started the one antibiotic on Nov 14th and all of a sudden had jaw pain on Nov 19th. I am supposed to file a adverse reactions report. I still have pain in my jaw. On Feb 6th I had an eye exam and a dental checkup, everything was normal. The dentist checked for TMJ, but I seem to be fine. They are pretty sure that I don't have wisdom teeth because they cannot find them on the x-rays. We don't know what is causing the jaw pain. I am booked in to see my gp again at the beginning of March...that is the earliest available appointment.

I still have my regular pains from the damage to my leg from the DVT, chest pains from the PEs, and migraines. *smirk* Life goes on.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Have not been on here in a while, sad that all of us are still suffering from pain I am still going to pain clinic and was told on my last visit that there is nothing they can do for me except trying different meds to alleviate some of the pain. I was expecting the news but it is still a huge blow when the best doctors in the country for treating my illness have tried everything (nerve block,surgery, etc) and the only thing left is to try and figure out which med combo works. My glass is still half full though, it could be worse and since my pain clinic is in a teaching hospital, I am training the med students to LISTEN to their patients and think out of the box.
    I am not sure how many of you know of this program that the drug companies like Pfizer and Merck offer, I stumbled across it when I was surfing the net. The website is www.rxhelp.ca and Pfizer and Merck operate it, if you do not have benefits or have limited government benefits, the site allows you to sign up for a card that entitles you to receive the name brand med (Lipitor,Relpax are two that I know for sure) but you only pay the generic price. The meds that are covered are listed on the site and you can print a card to take to the pharmacy immediately, the pharmacies know about it but most do not tell their customers about this program, not sure why, there is probably additional paperwork but they still get all their money from the drug companies. Just an example, my mother just retired at age 67 and her work benefits ended. She was taking the generic form of Lipitor, but it was not working the same way the name brand did. She did not believe that the card would save her that much money but to humour me she printed it out and took it to the pharmacy to fill her prescription for Lipitor. For a 3 month supply, without the card, she would have had to pay $220 for the name brand med, with the card, Pfizer paid $160 for the meds and she only had to pay $60!!!! She is telling everyone about the card now and I just wanted to share this with everyone that cannot afford the name brand meds. I hope it helps someone
    SillyLoocie and hollyquaiscer like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hello Everyone,
    I am so sorry for all of the suffering you are all enduring. I just wanted to say that I have partnered with a health and wellness company that has been helping people with chronic problems for 27 years. All of our products are natural, safe and more effective than store brands. We are also a licensed pharmaceutical company. We have vitamins and supplements which have proven to be very effective in treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, arthritis, migraines and many other problems. If anyone is interested in hearing more I would be more than happy to share this information with you. I love nothing more than helping people which is the main reason that I am with this company!
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm experiencing pain like I never have before. I'm maxing out my drugs and am unable to take anything further cuz it will knock me out.
    At the moment I'm ready to puke from the pain, and it is too early to take my next dose of Gravol. Unfortunately I need to go now because of it.
    Please pray for Skippy.
    Thank you my friends.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Skippy, so sorry you are going through so much awfulness!

Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Skippy.
    Skippy and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Skippy, I'm so very sorry that you have to endure such pain. I would take it from you my friend if I could. I hope today is a better day for you.
    Skippy likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The pain is the worst ever, it is literally crippling.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Skippy, I hope you're feeling a bit better today. The rain here hasn't quit, and it's so cold outside. I've had to take extra pain meds for the past week and I hate doing that. I had all my pain meds changed while I was in the hospital and now am only on 1 for pain with a second fast acting for times like now.

As many of us with chronic pain know, it's all about controlling the pain as it never, ever goes away. Lord what I wouldn't give some days for no pain, even for a few hours, just to be "normal again".
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Jun 19th, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
    harbie likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

sorry, didn't see this untill now.....Skippy, you know you can count on our prayers for you....take care

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Today I dislocated my hip.... again. It stayed in place for a few days this time... at least i can get it back in the socket myself. My pain meds consist of motrin... i can't take other stuff because i have allergic reactions or such bad side effects that they don't work at all for me. It is frustrating because Ehlers Danlos syndrome just is not one of those things that get better with age.... and it is rare enough that docs don't know what to do to help. Sighs.... at least i can't feel my hip bone under my backside... i will feel better in a day or two... today is just a bad one.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just in sheer agony like my body being torn in two, I can't move much anywhere at the moment without it coming on strong.
    I've had to cut down on meds. because they were doing a number on my stomach. Better the pain I'm use to, than my stomach which would be worse.
    I believe the pain is slowing me down just in my day to day activities, let alone contributing on SC. Yet how I dearly want to get back into the SC cycle.
    God grant that the pain can be controlled, One day at a time Lord, One day at a time.

Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information