User Tag List

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: February frugal chatter-all welcome!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Best useful guideline I've come across for daily protein intake is the one by the author of Un-Junk Your Diet.
    Basic daily protein need is 0.36g per pound of body weight but author suggests more realistic guideline is divide your body weight in half-I'd need 75g. Might explain my carb vacuum tendencies. Had about 50g of protein yesterday. Challenge will be to find non-meat sources as I won't be eating Juicy Jumbos everyday.

Gail Vaz Oxlade had a staying healthy on a budget article this week (Toronto Star weekend paper?) but I cannot locate link online. She is recommending using seafood shells for making broth. Karon Liu wrote about buying offcuts from butchers for inexpensive soup flavouring ingredients. Pork and duck bones are hard to sell but they are $2/lb! https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...er-scraps.html

Some recipes you might like to make as it is the big football game weekend:
    Slow cooker nacho cheese dip with beef: https://www.thestar.com/life/2017/02...f-ricardo.html
    Three variations on flavoured popcorn: https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...t-ricardo.html

Curious-has Walmart stopped the Live Better magazine? All website/social media channels are not showing. The website link redirects to Walmart.ca https://www.instagram.com/livebettermag/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-the pictures are actually from Antarctica-certainly the most stark and beautiful place I have ever visited!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Ciel the Walmart Live Better magazine will be out sometime this month as December ad January were combined

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Best useful guideline I've come across for daily protein intake is the one by the author of Un-Junk Your Diet.
    Basic daily protein need is 0.36g per pound of body weight but author suggests more realistic guideline is divide your body weight in half-I'd need 75g. Might explain my carb vacuum tendencies. Had about 50g of protein yesterday. Challenge will be to find non-meat sources as I won't be eating Juicy Jumbos everyday.

Gail Vaz Oxlade had a staying healthy on a budget article this week (Toronto Star weekend paper?) but I cannot locate link online. She is recommending using seafood shells for making broth. Karon Liu wrote about buying offcuts from butchers for inexpensive soup flavouring ingredients. Pork and duck bones are hard to sell but they are $2/lb! https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...er-scraps.html

Some recipes you might like to make as it is the big football game weekend:
    Slow cooker nacho cheese dip with beef: https://www.thestar.com/life/2017/02...f-ricardo.html
    Three variations on flavoured popcorn: https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...t-ricardo.html

Curious-has Walmart stopped the Live Better magazine? All website/social media channels are not showing. The website link redirects to Walmart.ca https://www.instagram.com/livebettermag/
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Ciel the Walmart Live Better magazine will be out sometime this month as December ad January were combined
    Have you taken your cruise yet? Nice to see you again, hope all is going well. How's the wrist?
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm sending dh to SDM after work to pickup some Miss Vickie's chips 2/$5 (that's a really great price around here). Going to get him to get a couple bags for movie nights and such and nice treat. Also getting him to get milk so we don't run out on the weekend, I'm planning ahead.

Wishing everyone a great night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Expecting snow today but we are hockey free this weekend which is nice. Need to get some much needed housework and organizing done this weekend.
    Have meals planned for the weekend so no takeout for us.

Hope everyone has a fun and frugal weekend
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

It's snowing here as well and COLD so I'm hunkering down since I'm not feeling well anyway. Feeling terrible that I can't be there for my elderly parents since Mom is not well either but don't want to pass any bugs around. Drinking mugfuls of David's tea - that stuff is good....received it as a gift this past week so that was perfect timing

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

January Frugalness...tell you more about the budget once I update it. Because I get paid biweekly and husband on the 15th and 31st, Everydollar recommends a budget from 15th to 15th instead of month to month. I know we are going to save money though, can't wait to tell you the good news when I figure out how much we have saved from January once the 15th rolls around.

Our church is doing a missions trip to Cuba. I am selling items to raise funds for it. I already have made $30.
    AND $4 from Feb in "my jar." I am not going to Cuba by the way.

I managed to only buy one ice capp in January and did not drink any Coke. I am REALLY trying to cut back. I am going to be less stringent in February. This is saving money too. I don't drink coffee or alcohol. Since being sick, I too, have been enjoying loose leaf tea (Steeped Tea). I am trying to have one self-made cup a day. Tea drinking is new to me. I like white, green and rooibos. Black is too strong. I drink them all "black."
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh took my van to work with him today because his truck still isn't done yet. I just put a very full 8x8" pan of apple crisp in the oven. I'm hoping to fold some laundry later, two baskets are waiting for me. Our twins still aren't feeling the best, due to their immunizations on Wednesday. I slipped on the ice yesterday and both of my feet tried to slide under my van door. I banged my shins pretty good and jarred my left shoulder. I didn't fall, but I'm still feeling a little banged up. Good thing I'm right handed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@lizzie bargain : Oh the photos are beautiful! Besides trying to save some money, that's another reason I'm trying to cloth diaper - to preserve some of that for our daughters to see and explore.

Thank you for asking @jasperandchar , the baby is still spitting up and her weigh-in is next week. I'm eating like mad so I hope it's the demands of milk production and it's getting into her body.

Birthing a child at home is definitely not frugal. Besides the ridiculous amounts of laundry afterwards - if anything can be salvaged, I've just found out that I need to pay for a lawyer and a doctor's letter. I need to track down the original doctor at the hospital when I went into emergency to verify the details of the birth. DH needs a signed affidavit from the lawyer's, stating he was present and other details. Gracious, what a hassle if no doctors or midwives are present! I'm hoping that it will be less than $150 when this is all over. I doubt our health plans cover these costs!

And baby has just spit up again....

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to admit this has not been my most frugal week and that all lays on me. All and all this week has been long and tough.

I am working AR which was supposed to be good as I would be home but commuting about 30 to 40 minute each way daily. Last week was good but this week I have not been myself, I think I might be fighting something off which is possible as we are averaging 6 to 8 a day off sick. There seems to be a flu and cold/chest thing going around. I have been extremely tired and worn down which has resulted in a few trips to Tim Horton's in the morning on my way in and also a couple of days I bought lunch out. The good news is the location I am working out of has more options so my lunches were much less then if I eat out in my normal location. But still normally I stick to no eating out for lunches.

So happy the weekend is almost upon us. Went shopping with Mom last night to stock up on a few things so we can hopefully do a large batch cook this weekend to have more options in the freezers. We went to Costco and Wal-Mart and got quite a lot, grabbed some cheese at Wal-Mart as it is on sale and we down to only 4 bricks. Also got some ground pork at Costco as Mom is going to make her own sausage patties for breakfast items (she doesn't like the seasoning in the store bought ones). Also got some Bananas for baking and lots of other items I cannot remember right now.

Right now I am just waiting for today to be over and I think tonight will be me, the couch and some binge watching on Netflix and maybe some idea prep for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    January Frugalness...tell you more about the budget once I update it. Because I get paid biweekly and husband on the 15th and 31st, Everydollar recommends a budget from 15th to 15th instead of month to month. I know we are going to save money though, can't wait to tell you the good news when I figure out how much we have saved from January once the 15th rolls around.

Our church is doing a missions trip to Cuba. I am selling items to raise funds for it. I already have made $30.
    AND $4 from Feb in "my jar." I am not going to Cuba by the way.

I managed to only buy one ice capp in January and did not drink any Coke. I am REALLY trying to cut back. I am going to be less stringent in February. This is saving money too. I don't drink coffee or alcohol. Since being sick, I too, have been enjoying loose leaf tea (Steeped Tea). I am trying to have one self-made cup a day. Tea drinking is new to me. I like white, green and rooibos. Black is too strong. I drink them all "black."
    You have my curiousity peaked with your "budgeting" and saving. I'll stay tuned until the 15th

Hope you are feeling better these days
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have to admit this has not been my most frugal week and that all lays on me. All and all this week has been long and tough.

I am working AR which was supposed to be good as I would be home but commuting about 30 to 40 minute each way daily. Last week was good but this week I have not been myself, I think I might be fighting something off which is possible as we are averaging 6 to 8 a day off sick. There seems to be a flu and cold/chest thing going around. I have been extremely tired and worn down which has resulted in a few trips to Tim Horton's in the morning on my way in and also a couple of days I bought lunch out. The good news is the location I am working out of has more options so my lunches were much less then if I eat out in my normal location. But still normally I stick to no eating out for lunches.

So happy the weekend is almost upon us. Went shopping with Mom last night to stock up on a few things so we can hopefully do a large batch cook this weekend to have more options in the freezers. We went to Costco and Wal-Mart and got quite a lot, grabbed some cheese at Wal-Mart as it is on sale and we down to only 4 bricks. Also got some ground pork at Costco as Mom is going to make her own sausage patties for breakfast items (she doesn't like the seasoning in the store bought ones). Also got some Bananas for baking and lots of other items I cannot remember right now.

Right now I am just waiting for today to be over and I think tonight will be me, the couch and some binge watching on Netflix and maybe some idea prep for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.
    If 1 of you is doing the cooking, let the other do all the cleanup, just a thought.

Hope you feel better soon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    It's snowing here as well and COLD so I'm hunkering down since I'm not feeling well anyway. Feeling terrible that I can't be there for my elderly parents since Mom is not well either but don't want to pass any bugs around. Drinking mugfuls of David's tea - that stuff is good....received it as a gift this past week so that was perfect timing
    Take care of yourself

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just finished the bathroom in total -of cleaning and discarding old stuff -cleaned the 3 bathroom toilets today (staying out of stores-lol)
    my pkg came from the bay I ordered online 2 days ago -well the pima cotton nightie is going back too tight(save 6.29)hope hubby's shirt and undershirt fit him he is in need of a few new clothing -I got lovely new pillowcases too so soft
    -chatted with daughter and I talked to Sebastian he is coming up 5 months on the 13 feb-he ohhed and auuhd back at me -cant wait daughter asked if we wanted to come see her and Sebastian on sunday morning early and stay for breakfast(which is fine by me ) cause son asked us if we didn't mind watching ashlyn sunday night at 5.30
    -cant wait til sat night too (busy weekend ) we are going out with friends for supper at kelseys -I have a coupon too
    -supper hamburgers homemade and fries and brocolli

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information