• 1 Post By maggiespice
  • 2 Post By Arvilish
  • 2 Post By keeko1
  • 1 Post By Davetherave

Thread: Paypal increasing its rates

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Foreign currency conversion and standard fees are going up for buyers outside the US. We are already at a disadvantage selling on ebay in Canada because of the high cost of shipping here https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/0...es-price-hikes

• "The standard transaction fee for sellers selling goods or services online to buyers outside the U.S. will jump from 3.9 to 4.4 percent plus the existing fixed fee based on the currency. The standard transaction fee for in-store transactions received from buyers outside the U.S. jumps from 3.7 to 4.2 percent."
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay
    barbis9, Ciel, spanishpoet and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I always used to buy using Paypal on ebay until the people from 'DUDE thread' mentioned how their exchange rate is awful and its true. If my credit charges charged 75 cents, they would charge 71 cents per Canadian Dollar (as exchange rate). Now, I use my Credit Card and just pay it next day instead of Paypal debit.

But honestly, I have not bought anything since December 2016 because of exchange rate [and me being huge money saver but thats different] . Now I suspect, people will likely not even buy anything because of increase rates.

EDIT: I meant as a buyer, I am at disadvantage because Paypal exchange rate sucks.
    Last edited by Arvilish; Mon, Feb 13th, 2017 at 09:54 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I always used to buy using Paypal on ebay until the people from 'guys thread' mentioned how their exchange rate is awful and its true. If my credit charges charged 75 cents, they would charge 71 cents. Now, I use my Credit Card and just pay it next day instead of debit.

But honestly, I have not bought anything since December 2016 because of exchange rate [and me being huge money saver but thats different] . Now I suspect, people will likely not even buy anything because of increase rates/
    Thanks for posting this as I always wondered about Paypal's exchange rates.
    Ciel, Arvilish and dededi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not understanding something. I thought that only sellers get charged for using paypal and not the buyer????

If this is the case I absolutely won't be using Paypal anymore for anything I purchase!!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I am not understanding something. I thought that only sellers get charged for using paypal and not the buyer????

If this is the case I absolutely won't be using Paypal anymore for anything I purchase!!!!
    We do but as "hidden" part. I mean you don't directly pay Paypal if you are a buyer but their exchange rates takes into account their "Foreign currency conversion and standard fees", which is why their exchange rate is awful.
    Ciel and maggiespice like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well that sucks!
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.
    FREE gift from Temu site! (similar to SHEIN)
    https://temu.com/s/FeegMPQDbwMvEI

Get cashback for online shopping!
    https://www.topcashback.com/ref/keek

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by keeko1 View Post
    Well that sucks!
    Sure does!
    Ciel likes this.
    Vote for Dave, Dave is the rave. He is a boy honest and fine Davey can turn all your water to wine, got that certain something every one should have gettin round to diggin yourself.

Thread Information