User Tag List

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1051
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I agree, it isn't as easy as people think to find work. I can't even get hired at McDonalds because I have a college diploma. I've applied to literally hundreds of positions in my field of study, just to call and find out that they are interviewing people with 10 or more years of experience first. Then I go to minimum wage service/retail jobs and they tell me I'm too over qualified. It's a vicious cycle. I can completely understand this person's frustration.
    It's definitely not that easy and often involves just plain luck. It's very easy for people to say it shouldn't be that difficult though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  surface rust.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  74.0 KB
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    I found a really strange ad on ijji the other day... But this young college Lady was offering whom ever $50 to find her a part time job.... Sorry just had to share....
    Lest we all forget, that Kijiji is not scam free... including phishing scams... this simply reeks to me to be a veiled attempt to collect personal data from people "willing to help" for that never-to-be-seen $50 fee.

Even if the poster gets a pile of offers from people, they are going to need contact info... and if all they do is sell that info to marketers, that's enough.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I find that hard to believe....if a college student can't find an entry level job, there is a problem somewhere. Many organizations have funding to hire students, college/university student centers have job skills/training to help students find work, etc. Typical places hiring students: stores in malls, service industry (nothing wrong with working at McDonald's -- they offer scholarships too). If this student wants to work in their field, then networking is the way to go - speak to faculty, they have the connections to get you into the market you may be interested in.
    Life's a hustle, you need to get out there and do the work. That's my 2 cents on the particular ad posted on kijiji.
    I agree. Life is a hustle and you really do need to get out there and network.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Had a woman ask for a porch pick up on the weekend, okay that is fine better for me as I did not have all of Sunday to sit around and wait. Items are hanging on the door as I said they would be, I am in my basement cleaning and all of a sudden there is a loud pounding on my door constantly (pretty much scared the *beep* out of me). I come upstairs and it is the woman for the porch pick up.

The first item she wanted was a pair of shoes which I have listed as a size 9 and if you look inside the shoe printed on the side it says size 9. She tells me the shoes are too big, I say okay no problem but she then tell me how she wears a size 9 and these are too big and my ad is inaccurate. I say I am sorry but they are a size 9 as my intention is not to fight with this woman but she continues to go on and go about how she is a size 9 and they do not fit so I show her where the shoes say size 9 only for her to go well I am size 8.

The second item she wants is a shirt and the first thing she says is is well I guess since I drove all the way here I will take the shirt, I am like if you want it take it if not that is fine I am not forcing you to purchase it. Well now she wants a discount on the shirt, I ask as I always do when someone wants a discount is there a issue with the item is not what I described in my ad, oh not it is exactly as described but I want a discount on the price. I explain that the shirt is brand new, never been worn and I will not drop my price (I have others interested at what I am asking so I feel the price is more then fair). She just keeps saying I will give you half price, I will give you half price. I say as nice as possible thank you but no thank you I think my price is more then fair and I willing to hold on to it until I get my posted price. Finally she does give me the money for the shirt.

I have a serious pet peeve for people who try to negotiate price upon porch pick up. It is a porch pick up meaning I do not have to be there for you to pick up so you are not interrupting my day as the item was left out for you. Second unless the item is different then described this should have been negotiated before you came as to not waste anyone's time because that is usually the next excuse I drove all the way here. I make sure all of my items have excellent photos and as much in the description as possible to try to avoid this.
    Angela273, barbis9, DaveP and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh that's one reason why I wouldn't want people coming to my door.What if she goes nuts on you and is at your house?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Had a woman ask for a porch pick up on the weekend, okay that is fine better for me as I did not have all of Sunday to sit around and wait. Items are hanging on the door as I said they would be, I am in my basement cleaning and all of a sudden there is a loud pounding on my door constantly (pretty much scared the *beep* out of me). I come upstairs and it is the woman for the porch pick up.

The first item she wanted was a pair of shoes which I have listed as a size 9 and if you look inside the shoe printed on the side it says size 9. She tells me the shoes are too big, I say okay no problem but she then tell me how she wears a size 9 and these are too big and my ad is inaccurate. I say I am sorry but they are a size 9 as my intention is not to fight with this woman but she continues to go on and go about how she is a size 9 and they do not fit so I show her where the shoes say size 9 only for her to go well I am size 8.

The second item she wants is a shirt and the first thing she says is is well I guess since I drove all the way here I will take the shirt, I am like if you want it take it if not that is fine I am not forcing you to purchase it. Well now she wants a discount on the shirt, I ask as I always do when someone wants a discount is there a issue with the item is not what I described in my ad, oh not it is exactly as described but I want a discount on the price. I explain that the shirt is brand new, never been worn and I will not drop my price (I have others interested at what I am asking so I feel the price is more then fair). She just keeps saying I will give you half price, I will give you half price. I say as nice as possible thank you but no thank you I think my price is more then fair and I willing to hold on to it until I get my posted price. Finally she does give me the money for the shirt.

I have a serious pet peeve for people who try to negotiate price upon porch pick up. It is a porch pick up meaning I do not have to be there for you to pick up so you are not interrupting my day as the item was left out for you. Second unless the item is different then described this should have been negotiated before you came as to not waste anyone's time because that is usually the next excuse I drove all the way here. I make sure all of my items have excellent photos and as much in the description as possible to try to avoid this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i have had "interesting" people from kijiji but i have to brag that the last two were very awesome. I got an excellent condition wood shelf from 1 person and a kids picnic table and 2 kids plastic lawn chairs from another. So i'm very happy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

This woman sounds very odd and I hope that you don't see her again.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Mar 7th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    This woman sounds very odd and I hope that you don't see her again.
    ...or if you do that it's from a distance so you've got advance notice that she's coming.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I am trying to sell my [mother] brand new laundry detergent. The guy wants to buy it for low-ball $200 AND want magical dryer with it.

F off!!!

I agree, it isn't as easy as people think to find work. I can't even get hired at McDonalds because I have a college diploma. I've applied to literally hundreds of positions in my field of study, just to call and find out that they are interviewing people with 10 or more years of experience first. Then I go to minimum wage service/retail jobs and they tell me I'm too over qualified. It's a vicious cycle. I can completely understand this person's desperation.
    No kidding! All of my cousins are so happy with their plain high school diploma. If only I had listen to their advice. Within the next year or so, I am so planning to be stay home wife. This career hunt will give me cancer.
    Angela273 and DaveP like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I agree, it isn't as easy as people think to find work. I can't even get hired at McDonalds because I have a college diploma. I've applied to literally hundreds of positions in my field of study, just to call and find out that they are interviewing people with 10 or more years of experience first. Then I go to minimum wage service/retail jobs and they tell me I'm too over qualified. It's a vicious cycle. I can completely understand this person's desperation.
    I have had this happen to me with dietary aide jobs during interviews and I have gotten jobs because I have stated that I am willing to work for the amount being paid.
    Angela273 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

These days I am not selling on Kijiji and there are only few posts.Yesterday suddenly one lady replied me on Kijiji regarding gardening pots ,since it was busy day I said porch pickup.
    There was another set of pots too saved for my friend and this lady's pots I placed in a box ,she picked her pots and my friend's one pot and left half the money which she promised to pay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by morningrose View Post
    These days I am not selling on Kijiji and there are only few posts.Yesterday suddenly one lady replied me on Kijiji regarding gardening pots ,since it was busy day I said porch pickup.
    There was another set of pots too saved for my friend and this lady's pots I placed in a box ,she picked her pots and my friend's one pot and left half the money which she promised to pay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Seriously, I just don't believe some people.

I am often hesitant of mailbox pickups, but I also have young children that might be woken up by random loud people at my door. I am looking forward to my yard sale. We keep putting things out to our shed in labeled boxes, then we do a big sale on a Saturday. We have enough room that we can box up the leftovers and do another sale at our convenience.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 23rd, 2017 at 11:11 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I put something up on kijiji in the free section, within an hour I got 3 messages from 3 different people, all exactly the same. Same words, same punctuation, same sentences. Anyone else seen this or know whats up with this?

"Hi, I'm interested. Please contact me if this is still available."

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I put something up on kijiji in the free section, within an hour I got 3 messages from 3 different people, all exactly the same. Same words, same punctuation, same sentences. Anyone else seen this or know whats up with this?
    "Hi, I'm interested. Please contact me if this is still available."

Are you certain it's from three different people? Kijiji generates unique 'masked', temporary email addresses when people reply using the form. (eg: b13k7m7p27bf93 @ rts.kijiji.ca). When you reply to that address, it goes through kijiji's servers, and masks YOUR email address back to them. A new masked address is created for guest users (or anyone who hasnt logged in) each time they respond to an ad, meaning guests don't get the same masked/temp address twice. So it could be that the same person replied three times either not knowing what they were doing, or accidentally, etc. I have had this happen where the same person has replied multiple times.

On the other hand, it could be bot phishing. But then there's peace of mind that Kijiji masks YOUR email address back to them too so the respondent will never actually get your real email address. The temp address will eventually expire so even if the bot/phisher uses it to annoy you, it wont last.

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information