User Tag List

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The blizzard passed through around 4am. I called the school to check their road and I was told that it was already plowed, so our son will be going to school this morning. I'll be calling this hospital this afternoon to check their road and parking lot conditions, I may also use my wheel chair sign if there is a spot available. The highways are still closed in every direction due to road conditions and stuck vehicles, including multiple semis.

edit: 10am many highways are now open, but not in the best condition. I've asked Dh to text me later so that I know if he will be out of town today, which would be a long day for him. The street in front of my house is now plowed, but there is a big burm down the middle of the street that is waiting to be picked up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Happy National Women's Day! Apparently I wasn't suppose to go to work today or spend any money. I didn't get the memo.

My friend texted me this morning saying our RCSS is getting the shopping carts that require $1 to use. They are handing out free key chains for them. I have one for No Frills so it will work. Maybe it will stop people from leaving carts in the parking lot beside cars. Here is hoping!

I made DS nacho dip for his lunch today. (cream cheese, sour cream, garlic/chili powder, topped with salsa and shredded cheese. He loves it. (with strawberries, veggie sticks, choc milk, yogurt) I noticed cream cheese is on for $1.88 somewhere this weekend. I have 2 in fridge that expire in April so will see what the expiry dates are on the weekend.

I washed one couch blanket last night. Guess I am caught up on laundry. Will see if I should put a load on tonight but I think I should wait till tomorrow night.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Does anyone know if you can return an item still with tags on to Costco without a receipt. I was gifted a whole bunch of hoodies but they are not the right size. @sweet sparrow and/or others, thanks

Blah day here, just watching a movie. Not enough clothes to do a load of laundry so that's okay.

Supper will be club sandwiches and/or bacon sandwiches with homemade soup for supper.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Does anyone know if you can return an item still with tags on to Costco without a receipt. I was gifted a whole bunch of hoodies but they are not the right size. @sweet sparrow and/or others, thanks

Blah day here, just watching a movie. Not enough clothes to do a load of laundry so that's okay.

Supper will be club sandwiches and/or bacon sandwiches with homemade soup for supper.

The Costco return policy does not mention receipts. https://customerservice.costco.ca/ap...etail/a_id/585 @jasperandchar ,hope someone can tell you before you call the local store to find out how your return will be handled.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , the RCSS you mentioned-does it have two sizes of carts or just one size? I ask because the No Frills in Hamilton that I know of charging the $1 cart fee only has the smaller two tier carts plus hand baskets (very popular in the store). I should tote a wet wipe in a snack bag when I go to Walmart or other places with hand baskets that have not been wiped lately (our WM took out the alcohol sanitizer pump off the wall where the greeters usually stand during the last renovation).

So those free keychains have an imitation coin insert? My concern with the carts from Shoppers and other stores being left all over by customers is that at some point, most stores will likely put a cart fee in if getting the customers to return carts to a carrel or store is not working out. I'm sure there will be a day that someone uses the small red mechanic's cart from Cdn Tire in a grocery store to have small compartments for the smaller groceries and the bottom shelf for the bigger packages to skirt the cart charge in-store.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Weather forecast was spot-on about the gusting winds for late morning and continuing now. Hard to believe we'll have temps below -10C tonight. Have spotted long branches on the ground so will collect them before I go walking soon. Will use my free bevvie card for hot chocolate today.

Spent some time cleaning because a visitor gave notice last night of his visit this afternoon. I want the disintegrating swivel chair disassembled but sibling is saying no and that parents like using the chair (it looks like a young kid tried taking strips of the surface off the upper back and both arms). Only one is collecting the fake leather bitsthat fall down is me when I have the vacuum cleaner going.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Frugalbigmama , the RCSS you mentioned-does it have two sizes of carts or just one size? I ask because the No Frills in Hamilton that I know of charging the $1 cart fee only has the smaller two tier carts plus hand baskets (very popular in the store). I should tote a wet wipe in a snack bag when I go to Walmart or other places with hand baskets that have not been wiped lately (our WM took out the alcohol sanitizer pump off the wall where the greeters usually stand during the last renovation).

So those free keychains have an imitation coin insert? My concern with the carts from Shoppers and other stores being left all over by customers is that at some point, most stores will likely put a cart fee in if getting the customers to return carts to a carrel or store is not working out. I'm sure there will be a day that someone uses the small red mechanic's cart from Cdn Tire in a grocery store to have small compartments for the smaller groceries and the bottom shelf for the bigger packages to skirt the cart charge in-store.
    Our RCSS has both types of carts. I went on my lunch and asked for 2 keychain/slug things. They are cheaply made and you have to take the slug out to put in the cart (Unlike the one from No Frills that is attached to the keychain) Oh well at least we each have one for our keychains then it doesn't matter who drove there. Will see how long it takes me to leave the slug behind lol
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - Do you need the .75 off Pronto pasta coupons that expire Sept. 30, 2017? I picked you up a bunch. My store has tons. No trade needed.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Skinless bone in chicken marked down to $1.98 LB at my store today. I grabbed on then changed my mind since I reminded myself I have tons of whole chickens in the freezer to use up still
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasperandchar - Do you need the .75 off Pronto pasta coupons that expire Sept. 30, 2017? I picked you up a bunch. My store has tons. No trade needed.
    I was able to snag some but thank you for your kind offer, it's greatly appreciated
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was able to snag some but thank you for your kind offer, it's greatly appreciated
    Good, now to wait for another sale under $1!
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm very excited for you. Kitchen remodels can be quite stressing, the thing I hated the most was doing dishes in the bathtub. Since then we now have a laundry sink. But you'll be able to bbq since it's in May and if you have a side burner even better. Or use the crockpot.

Hope you post before and after pictures, I would love to see if you don't mind sharing.
    I would love to see pictures too!

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    It feels like its been ages since we put our offer in before Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Congrats on your new home. My BIL's family moved very recently and is navigating similar roads!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I think of you and granger's families too. It's nice that we have children around the same age.
    I ditto these sentiments! It was nice to meet @sweet sparrow in the summer. I wish we lived closer! My sweet 19 mo is 19lbs but mighty. coupon girl is right about all shapes and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am with you all on freezing rain, I will drive though a blinding snow storm with little anxiety, but freezing rain no way.
    My car accident was on a day that was raining around 2 degrees Celsius. Black ice. I share your caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    You've got an amazing doctor & staff. Have not heard of such patient care out here in Hamilton, ON!
    Yes, our receptionists often say my available times 1-2pm everyday are inconvenient for them. Well, meeting parents at 6 pm when I work mornings is inconvenient for me, but I still do it without complaining to the people I serve. 1-2 is during their working hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yikes, glad you are home safe. Hopefully your husband is sent home soon.
    We now have the winds from this blizzard system in Ontario. I am praying we don't have a hug roof repair. We are losing shingles. I hope DH is able to go up with some nails and spares.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: It sounds like you appreciate snacks like I do. I can polish off an entire box of cereal in the evenings. I don't know how I'll ever fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes again! I enjoy my snacks a little too much and must find ways to snack smarter.
    That makes three of us!

@jasperandchar - I am pretty sure their returns is part of why membership is going up. They are great with returns. If you are a member, no receipt will not be an issue. I am not sure about returning a gifted item though if you do not have a card yourself. Usually no receipt will mean credit in Costco GC form.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Mar 8th, 2017 at 04:30 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well all caught up on my reading and replying ^^^
    Some of my comments have quoted other's comments though rather than the OP on the subject I am replying so I hope it is clear!

Had DD2 5th birthday party. We had 20 people for dinner total last night. All went smooth. We did burgers. I was not a SC and bought M&M burgers at full price for convenience. BUT got lots of deals on everything else!

It has been a busy stretch and I have been relaxing this afternoon.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

If you had purchased them there would be no issue returning them. I am not sure how they will handle it since it was a gift. I have been told the reason they are so good with returns is because they can check your membership to confirm you purchased it so I am not sure what will happen when they do not see the purchase on your membership.

barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information