User Tag List

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just did my 1st online order at MARK's! So excited. Lots of things for me and 6 Christmas gifts 5 for the kids and 1 for someone else. Total spend $114.04!!! Lots of good clearance deals. The best deal for me is a new Columbia fleece zip up! Love this jacket. I have one now but it is getting old and has holes in the pockets. It will be my yard work coat now in Spring/Fall when needed . Nice 4pk of Columbia socks for $9.88 to go with a gift. For me, holiday leggings, the Columbia fleece, a layering top. Those items alone would have cost well over $100 at reg price!. I will be watching the clearance for sure and hopefully do another Christmas shop soon. I can't pay $6.50 for delivery lol so spent over $99 to get the free delivery. (Spent just over $110 so I could use promo code MARCHSAVINGDIGI2017 to save $10 WUS over $50.
    Great deals,

We love Marks, I placed an order for a new winter jacket for my son, it arrived yesterday and he loves it. It's super light but definitely warm.

I went online this am and noticed the socks on sale, I really wish they had an option to pickup in store to avoid shipping. I did have to pay shipping for his coat but at the time as there wasn't anything to justify $30 more for the order. I also used the $10 code.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I ordered a new jacket for ds1 as his zipper works sometimes and other times not so much. I knew full well in my gut that if I ordered him a great jacket, he would accept it without arguments and I was right . So he loves the coat, it's light and super warm. Columbia makes great products and they last and really hold their value for resale, they also wash super well. When at Value village last Saturday they were asking $50 for a used coats, that's crazy. The new jacket was $69 before taxes & shipping which I'm perfectly fine since the original price was $159.99 + taxes

Getting excited to have everyone home next week, I will go over the to do list wants versus needs this pm and we'll make a game plan.

Wishing everyone a great day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Great deals,

We love Marks, I placed an order for a new winter jacket for my son, it arrived yesterday and he loves it. It's super light but definitely warm.

I went online this am and noticed the socks on sale, I really wish they had an option to pickup in store to avoid shipping. I did have to pay shipping for his coat but at the time as there wasn't anything to justify $30 more for the order. I also used the $10 code.
    I looked for in-store pick up option too hoping that was an option. It says you can return at store so it should be free to return? I'm thinking that I may try it if I can't justify spending $99+ for free shipping. Just add a large item to hit the free shipping total and return it (I live close)
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh sweet sparrow that sucks. Technology is great but not always, so sorry this happened. Perhaps invest in a notebook from the dollar store going forward. I know you can't get back all the information from dd1 and dd2 but you can capture the new milestones going forward.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@sweet sparrow my children believe they are elfin faeries. lol.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two nights ago, I saw that 30% off sale items was in effect for Reitman's items. Looked up the 3/4 sleeve blouse in Verona Blue (the darker overdyed blue)-only two places that have them in-store are the Eastgate Square and Burlington Mall stores. Almost all of the other stores have the lighter blue (aka faded bleached blue as I call it). The Verona Blue version had $27.99 sale tags while the other one was still $34.90. Both qualified for 30% so the blouse purchase price was $19 and change, as shown on website, before taxes. Got one for Mom and since she just told me she's going to Europe with brother, she can give it to her sister if she truly does not want to keep it. Glad I spotted the sale notice by chance-zipped over to Eastgate this morning.
    Glad I checked Fortinos-my hair gel was on sale for $3.99. Squeeze coin purse in a medium purple tone at Bentley (don't recall the Lime Ridge store having this colour) was $2.99 + tax. Feel like I was on a roll.

Homesense store is moving things around-one back 1/4 of store is empty and some personal care/bath items were in the bedding area.

Found a magazine back issue with the cod packet meal that I forgot to jot down in January at Turner Park branch library.

Yesterday a tree fell at the south end of the bridge on my street and downed three hydro wires so a fi re truck had blocked the road for hours-did see two bucket lift trucks and other vehicles. Had to use the long way to get to stores and McDonald's (did the buy one sandwich and fries (the Walmart location does not carry salad) coupon to get another sandwich free. Good thing I read the two newspapers-when I later went to the library, it was closed as village core lost power.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Two nights ago, I saw that 30% off sale items was in effect for Reitman's items. Looked up the 3/4 sleeve blouse in Verona Blue (the darker overdyed blue)-only two places that have them in-store are the Eastgate Square and Burlington Mall stores. Almost all of the other stores have the lighter blue (aka faded bleached blue as I call it). The Verona Blue version had $27.99 sale tags while the other one was still $34.90. Both qualified for 30% so the blouse purchase price was $19 and change, as shown on website, before taxes. Got one for Mom and since she just told me she's going to Europe with brother, she can give it to her sister if she truly does not want to keep it. Glad I spotted the sale notice by chance-zipped over to Eastgate this morning.
    Glad I checked Fortinos-my hair gel was on sale for $3.99. Squeeze coin purse in a medium purple tone at Bentley (don't recall the Lime Ridge store having this colour) was $2.99 + tax. Feel like I was on a roll.

Homesense store is moving things around-one back 1/4 of store is empty and some personal care/bath items were in the bedding area.

Found a magazine back issue with the cod packet meal that I forgot to jot down in January at Turner Park branch library.

Yesterday a tree fell at the south end of the bridge on my street and downed three hydro wires so a fi re truck had blocked the road for hours-did see two bucket lift trucks and other vehicles. Had to use the long way to get to stores and McDonald's (did the buy one sandwich and fries (the Walmart location does not carry salad) coupon to get another sandwich free. Good thing I read the two newspapers-when I later went to the library, it was closed as village core lost power.
    It's nice to treat yourself, great finds

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We got the craft room painted last night. Last night i started the hallway and spare room. Today finished the hallway and have 1 coat left on the spare room to do.

Bf got the new toilet in the main bathroom. Started changing the taps but they were glued in and he managed to shatter the sink and damage the countertop soooo we had to purchase a new sink and a counter top refinishing kit. We ended up choosing a blue paint for the main bathroom as well.

I picked up 2 shelves for my craftcroom and will assemble them this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally got DS'S mop cut tonight. He looks like a different boy. I have a hair appt. Tomorrow. I haven't had my hair cut in 4 years! Highlights and a trim! I can't wait. Then a nice fancy dinner out at a nice Italian restaurant with my honey (with a free gift certificate given to my honey for helping a friend out). Not doing laundry tonight. No rush for anything so will wait till the weekend.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    It's the Burlington Costco and I find it's not busy. Even the cashiers were commenting on how quiet it is some days. I can get a parking spot fairly close and get out quickly - this is during the day on most weekdays.
    thats the one, on a Saturday it's a mad house. I used to drive by one on my way home, but sadly I now work in the city full time so it's weekends for me at Costco, ugg
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Return without receipt of an item not purchased on your card---Costco gives you the last known price back on a gift card, but you need to be a Costco member to do this, the cashier suggested returning sooner rather hang later because you coil end up with a clearance price.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Thu, Mar 9th, 2017 at 11:07 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Hope everyone has a frugal, fun and safe weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I typed something earlier, but it mysteriously deleted just before I posted it.

My brother contacted me yesterday. They are coming up for the weekend to continue packing up their house. They plan on arriving this afternoon, so he'll drop off their 2yr old twin boys. Their 7yr old son might go for play dates with his old friends this weekend. I told my brother that our son wants to see him, he keeps talking about this cousin. The twins will be picked up before supper because we had other plans. We are going to Humpty's family resteraunt with a friend and her young family. We will be a group of 9 and need 3 high chairs. Humpty's has good family promotions. Friday supper time you get a free kids meal per adult meal purchased. You can also pick a free baby food items any day or time, apple sauce, pancake, mashed potatoes, etc. The food is nothing special, but this will be our first time going out with their family. We met through a different friend and have begun to socialize on our own, if that makes sense. Our mutual friend does not have children.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Return without receipt of an item not purchased on your card---Costco gives you the last known price back on a gift card, but you need to be a Costco member to do this, the cashier suggested returning sooner rather hang later because you coil end up with a clearance price.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you, perhaps will venture into the city during March break and get it over with (haha). Thanks again I greatly appreciate it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We got the craft room painted last night. Last night i started the hallway and spare room. Today finished the hallway and have 1 coat left on the spare room to do.

Bf got the new toilet in the main bathroom. Started changing the taps but they were glued in and he managed to shatter the sink and damage the countertop soooo we had to purchase a new sink and a counter top refinishing kit. We ended up choosing a blue paint for the main bathroom as well.

I picked up 2 shelves for my craftcroom and will assemble them this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Did you take before and after pictures, it would be a great memento of what you've accomplished. We did this when we did our house we are in now. It's funny to look back as you simply overlook things as life passes by.

Have fun & take it easy.

PS how's if your bf doing?

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information