User Tag List

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I typed something earlier, but it mysteriously deleted just before I posted it.

My brother contacted me yesterday. They are coming up for the weekend to continue packing up their house. They plan on arriving this afternoon, so he'll drop off their 2yr old twin boys. Their 7yr old son might go for play dates with his old friends this weekend. I told my brother that our son wants to see him, he keeps talking about this cousin. The twins will be picked up before supper because we had other plans. We are going to Humpty's family resteraunt with a friend and her young family. We will be a group of 9 and need 3 high chairs. Humpty's has good family promotions. Friday supper time you get a free kids meal per adult meal purchased. You can also pick a free baby food items any day or time, apple sauce, pancake, mashed potatoes, etc. The food is nothing special, but this will be our first time going out with their family. We met through a different friend and have begun to socialize on our own, if that makes sense. Our mutual friend does not have children.
    Have a great time
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Finally got DS'S mop cut tonight. He looks like a different boy. I have a hair appt. Tomorrow. I haven't had my hair cut in 4 years! Highlights and a trim! I can't wait. Then a nice fancy dinner out at a nice Italian restaurant with my honey (with a free gift certificate given to my honey for helping a friend out). Not doing laundry tonight. No rush for anything so will wait till the weekend.
    Have a great time.

I did highlights on myself about 4 years ago it turned out really really well. Then I tried again and it was a fail (lol).

I need a trim (only about 10 inches....its been about 3 years here, I may do that during March break and try the highlight kit again, thanks for the post, I may just do something for myself

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I typed something earlier, but it mysteriously deleted just before I posted it.

My brother contacted me yesterday. They are coming up for the weekend to continue packing up their house. They plan on arriving this afternoon, so he'll drop off their 2yr old twin boys. Their 7yr old son might go for play dates with his old friends this weekend. I told my brother that our son wants to see him, he keeps talking about this cousin. The twins will be picked up before supper because we had other plans. We are going to Humpty's family resteraunt with a friend and her young family. We will be a group of 9 and need 3 high chairs. Humpty's has good family promotions. Friday supper time you get a free kids meal per adult meal purchased. You can also pick a free baby food items any day or time, apple sauce, pancake, mashed potatoes, etc. The food is nothing special, but this will be our first time going out with their family. We met through a different friend and have begun to socialize on our own, if that makes sense. Our mutual friend does not have children.
    Wonderful outing plans. Hope your eldest son enjoys tonight and is not too upset that his uncle/cousin are not on board with strengthening ties. Mutual friend is a gem to have made introductions.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF! Hope everyone has a frugal, fun and safe weekend!
    Have fun this weekend! Glad you are doing something special for yourself!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Have a great time.

I did highlights on myself about 4 years ago it turned out really really well. Then I tried again and it was a fail (lol).

I need a trim (only about 10 inches....its been about 3 years here, I may do that during March break and try the highlight kit again, thanks for the post, I may just do something for myself
    Definitely give yourself a treat-all that problem solving you do for everyone means you have to book time for yourself and have that "finally!" feeling.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Supper tonight is meatless. Dh & I will have eggs, soup for ds2 and grilled cheese for the eldest. Yes 3 meals but it's a quick fix and I don't do it often so it's worth the trouble.

Well just washed all the wall in the staircase & the stairs. Washed dog bowls.

The last 2 days I've slacked off but I'm back on track.

I plan on doing a lot of baking during March break and doing lots of batch cooking (that's the plan) but we'll see how things progress.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and Happy March break to everyone in ONT.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We got the craft room painted last night. Last night i started the hallway and spare room. Today finished the hallway and have 1 coat left on the spare room to do.

Bf got the new toilet in the main bathroom. Started changing the taps but they were glued in and he managed to shatter the sink and damage the countertop soooo we had to purchase a new sink and a counter top refinishing kit. We ended up choosing a blue paint for the main bathroom as well.

I picked up 2 shelves for my craftcroom and will assemble them this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I like that your craft room got higher priority than the other two rooms. You are serious about your crafting! Marvelling at the work getting done in your new home. Hope the boys pitch in to help ready the house too (sweat equity).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    thats the one, on a Saturday it's a mad house. I used to drive by one on my way home, but sadly I now work in the city full time so it's weekends for me at Costco, ugg
    The upside of knowing when a retail place is calmer is that sometimes that is enough of a reason to fit in a weeknight visit just so you can have plenty of elbow room. I miss going to Lime Ridge Mall on a Monday or Tuesday night--would go on my own when I still drove but Mom did not like going out at night (however she does with her friends). I went two weeks ago to the mall on Saturday afternoon--what was I thinking? Had a list to keep me on track and I got out as soon as possible.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Definitely give yourself a treat-all that problem solving you do for everyone means you have to book time for yourself and have that "finally!" feeling.
    You're a sweetie, I'm glad you are doing things for yourself as well, treating yourself to things you need & sometimes indulgences, we all need that from time to time

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortinos flyer has great PC Plus offers on hot dogs and buns. Better yet if you can find the buns in reduced bakery section-save money and still earn points! Did all my grocery shopping yesterday and by mid-afternoon, I fell onto the pop wagon again (brain was not having the no-pop nonsense anymore). Last night, discovered a Red Fife wheat loaf in bakery clearance at Longos ($2 find)--Red Fife is a heritage wheat so I wanted to try it. Had some slices with stew for lunch-bread is almost like plain rye bread in taste.

Made curried lentil stew (bought more lentils due to an offer so there will be plenty more this month to cook) for lunch and used some of the carrots and cauliflower as well.

I am 65 points from PC Plus redemption ($20) and have my $10 AM points level attained too (Sobeys-only a one week wait for points-super happy!). Going to see if PC Plus has an offer to bump my points over and use next week.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@jasperandchar - This story made me think of you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...take-1.4017953

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a great time.

That's exactly it! Doing something for myself! I have had a hard time keeping it a secret from my honey all day lol. I just want to surprise him lol. Back in the day I have had friends highlight my hair and it has always turned out great. Excited to have it blown out and all fancy without having to do the work myself (I have very thick hair and it is almost to my waist) so it takes a lot of work to dry/hot iron
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Have fun this weekend! Glad you are doing something special for yourself!
    Thanks I do think I was meant to be a princess in another life. I enjoy the pampering just don't like to waste the money!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Did you take before and after pictures, it would be a great memento of what you've accomplished. We did this when we did our house we are in now. It's funny to look back as you simply overlook things as life passes by.

Have fun & take it easy.

PS how's if your bf doing?
    Hes doing a lot better. Still a bit of a cough from the pneumonia but lots more energy and is back to work.

We did take before pics! Had to have a record of the godawful purple the entire upstairs was.
    The below is the flooring and carpet we ripped out. Along with the purple that was in the kitchen living room hall and 3 bedrooms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I ordered a new jacket for ds1 as his zipper works sometimes and other times not so much. I knew full well in my gut that if I ordered him a great jacket, he would accept it without arguments and I was right . So he loves the coat, it's light and super warm. Columbia makes great products and they last and really hold their value for resale, they also wash super well. When at Value village last Saturday they were asking $50 for a used coats, that's crazy. The new jacket was $69 before taxes & shipping which I'm perfectly fine since the original price was $159.99 + taxes

Getting excited to have everyone home next week, I will go over the to do list wants versus needs this pm and we'll make a game plan.

Wishing everyone a great day
    I have noticed that Value Village is expensive for used coats (not particularly nice ones), especially now that stores are clearing out winter wear at up to 80% off. That sounds like a great deal and the shipping isn't much when you think of all of the driving around you would have to do to find it in store, at the right price and size.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information