User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Item free?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I too have had issues with my Shoppers with those clearance stickers. My local store won't use the sale ticket price but charges the original price and than subtracts off the clearance sticker.....I said they should charge the sale price and apply the clearance sticker....they said no. I think this is very deceptive pricing. They should honor whatever is on the product whether or not it was an employee error.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I too have had issues with my Shoppers with those clearance stickers. My local store won't use the sale ticket price but charges the original price and than subtracts off the clearance sticker.....I said they should charge the sale price and apply the clearance sticker....they said no. I think this is very deceptive pricing. They should honor whatever is on the product whether or not it was an employee error.
    If I get an item to the counter, and I get refused MY interpretation of the discount, I leave it with the staff to return to the shelf. I've even left entire orders there because the item(s) that were discounted were discounted improperly... so I left even regular priced items behind. In either event, I tell them (nicely) that they need to be more clear on the product about what the discount really is and the final price is.

What they REALLY need are clear terms of the discount on the stickers/coupons to alleviate any personal mis-interpretation...
    examples:
    "Only one coupon will be honoured"
    "Discount applies to original price"
    etc

Seriously... all this mess with manager coupons, % discount stickers, etc is ridiculous.

What ever happened to just sticking a price tag on an item that says how much it is? Would that be too much to ask?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Call 1800SHOPPER the customer service phone number to complain because they shouldn't be changing sale prices to regular prices like that.
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Call 1800SHOPPER the customer service phone number to complain because they shouldn't be changing sale prices to regular prices like that.
    I agree!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I remember they had the Lindt chocolate bars on sale 2/$6.00 and there were $3.00 manager stickers on all of them. Yes, I was greedy and I bought all of them. The cashier couldn't believe it, at first she was questioning it, but not in a bad way. I said, I can't believe that you guys wouldn't have picked these up, she said I'm going to go and get some now... I said I don't think there's any left, so I gave her a few... I froze some, gave some away, but mostly ate them all. I love managers coupons, especially when the item is on sale....
    Poirot likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information