• 3 Post By lotsasavings
  • 2 Post By frugallegemom
  • 2 Post By grinchyheart
  • 1 Post By frugallegemom

Thread: Knorr coupon & CO51 deal @ Superstore

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope I'm doing this right- the coupon picture is from a booklet I got it Superstore for $1 off any 2 Knorr products. CO51 has $.75 off any pack of Knorr bouillon cubes, limit 5 each of beef, chicken & vegetable. Superstore has *some* Knorr bouillon cubes on sale $1.35/wub 3 mix & match or $1.49 single. To make up the differences, Knorr Sidekicks are on @ $.98 each so you could get (for example) 5 beef bouillon for .10 each plus 1 Sidekick for .48 after rebates.
    The trick is, to look in the ASIAN section which is a separate area in my store. The Asian/ethnic area has 80 gm boxes of bouillon cubes, beef & chicken only. The "regular" aisles have 63 gm boxes priced at 3/$6.75 or $2.25 each!
    I got some of these yesterday, from each area (I couldn't reach the shelf so went exploring). I didn't realize the huge price difference, plus the size difference until today when I went back for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Knorr, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Apple

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post

I hope I'm doing this right- the coupon picture is from a booklet I got it Superstore for $1 off any 2 Knorr products. CO51 has $.75 off any pack of Knorr bouillon cubes, limit 5 each of beef, chicken & vegetable. Superstore has *some* Knorr bouillon cubes on sale $1.35/wub 3 mix & match or $1.49 single. To make up the differences, Knorr Sidekicks are on @ $.98 each so you could get (for example) 5 beef bouillon for .10 each plus 1 Sidekick for .48 after rebates.
    The trick is, to look in the ASIAN section which is a separate area in my store. The Asian/ethnic area has 80 gm boxes of bouillon cubes, beef & chicken only. The "regular" aisles have 63 gm boxes priced at 3/$6.75 or $2.25 each!
    I got some of these yesterday, from each area (I couldn't reach the shelf so went exploring). I didn't realize the huge price difference, plus the size difference until today when I went back for more.

Sorry for the upside-down picture, it shows the difference in sizes. The ingredients are virtually identical, mostly salt of course, but ok for .10 each.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

were you able to successfully claim the 8pk on CO51? bc their offer is for the 6 pack.

yeah, i've seen this before, the asian package is 2x CHEAPER than the western package, and with more product, so i never used the CO51 offers.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, no problem claiming it on my account or my Mum's.
    Lol, the double post is from trying to edit on my phone.
    Last edited by grinchyheart; Wed, Mar 15th, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Thumpersmom, elusive and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I noticed the same thing in my Asian aisle on the Billy Bee honey, the Asian aisle it had a red cap and was $6.99 and in the regular aisle, same size 1 litre, with the yellow cap was $10.99!! The ingredients seemed the same, and it tastes the same.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I noticed the same thing in my Asian aisle on the Billy Bee honey, the Asian aisle it had a red cap and was $6.99 and in the regular aisle, same size 1 litre, with the yellow cap was $10.99!! The ingredients seemed the same, and it tastes the same.
    YES! I noticed this a couple years ago actually, at a Price Smart store. Weirdly, the 2 bottles of honey were on 2 shelves, one right above the other. You literally could not look at one without staring right at the other, absolutely identical except for the label & price.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

good find OP
    you are right about the same product in one aisle at one price and the ethnic/Asian aisle has a lower price
    canned kidney beans in the regular aisle $1.29
    canned kidney beans in the ethnic aisle $0.79 (sale)
    both have Product of Canada on the label

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Wow! Thanks for sharing your finds! I learned something new!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Great find, thanks for sharing OP! Missed the knorr sale last week (forgot both times I went shopping). Would rather get the cheaper Knorr, CO51 deals or not.

This might be controversial, but on a similar note, I find Halal chicken is also often cheaper than regular chicken. I buy it regularly, because we're a family of four and my No Frills often sells the "regular" chicken in packs of 3, for the same price as their halal in packs of 4.
    SavvyLady and Durham Couponer like this.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugallegemom View Post
    Great find, thanks for sharing OP! Missed the knorr sale last week (forgot both times I went shopping). Would rather get the cheaper Knorr, CO51 deals or not.

This might be controversial, but on a similar note, I find Halal chicken is also often cheaper than regular chicken. I buy it regularly, because we're a family of four and my No Frills often sells the "regular" chicken in packs of 3, for the same price as their halal in packs of 4.
    No Frills is great for that; of course it depends on the individual managers, but I've found that when they have a really good sale & a limit is in effect, often it's a separate limit for halal & "regular" chicken (!)

frugallegemom and SavvyLady like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post
    No Frills is great for that; of course it depends on the individual managers, but I've found that when they have a really good sale & a limit is in effect, often it's a separate limit for halal & "regular" chicken (!)

That too is a great tip! I hadn't thought of this before. Sometimes they put limits on whole chicken, will give this a try the next time it's a great sale.
    SavvyLady likes this.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

Thread Information