User Tag List

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did a little run to Wal-Mart last night. I spent $27 and used $18 in coupons. I used my last $10 toy coupon to buy a second toy cell phone, the identical one was a Christmas present that disappeared within 2hrs of being opened.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-great sales ladies (granger)I had one inquire about something on kijiji last week then nothing
    -big storm here yesterday -but neighbour son (he is 19) and hubby snowblowed out
    -off this morning to babysit Ashlyn and we took her to freshco (couldn't price match as I had her with me and wasn't even organized with a list spur of the moment decided to shop )-I did price match lettuce for .88 and green seedless grapes 1.44 pound to lococos wed&thurs special cut it out of the free spectator my hubby got with his morning coffee at mcdonalds
    -then took Ashlyn out in the snow for about 11 minutes as it was still too cold ,she stomped in the snow and grabbed a few icicles off the car
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-you could try using duct tape over top of the diaper tabs perhaps. Or even putting the diapers on backwards might make it hard to reach the tabs-unless they don't absorb as well backwards.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Took kids sledding for a short bit before bed. It was fun. I even went down a couple times. Got sleds on clearance for $4.44, before storm, at RCSS. I figured you couldn't beat that price (reg $15ish). They were great!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -Shoppers had choice of strawberries or red raspberries for PC frozen fruit so picked up the raspberries for the $2.99 price-thanks for your earlier mention of the offer. Had to replace sibling's bag of snacks (as I ate most of it) from the store so off I went to play in the sun while walking through snow drifts here and there. Bought some treats for me to offset the bother and yes I have to redo my budget for the month.

I did use the Clif nut filled energy bar 75 cents coupon from this month's Alive magazine-Mom reported that she found the chocolate hazelnut butter bar good and tasty. $1.99 at Fortinos in case you were wondering. While she did not drink water with the bar (some Clif bars need water), she did have a pear afterwards.

Changed supper plans-cooked chicken broth and used up some of the cut veggies as the carrots were becoming dessicated. Dash of herbs and warming soup.

Toronto Sun's food section mentions a menu based on the Beauty and the Beauty story. There's a tea marinated turkey recipe with apricot rice that would use up some black tea and dried fruit if one has both to put into a meal. http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/15...ed-dinner-menu
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Had a hard time finding my fav. salad dressing - Renee's Feta but finally saw several and scooped up two of them. I just hope they don't get discontinued. Last night we went to see Kong - great movie in 3D. So glad the snow is finally starting to melt. The Bay has a Clinique gift with purchase on so I am going to stock up - two colour choices which is nice.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought three t-shirts and a zip up hoodie for myself at Winner's today. Under $50 total OOP. Very happy. Needed a wardrobe spruce for at home. Been putting a bunch of clothes in the "rags" bag. I sweat so as soon as I detect an odour in the underarms, gone. I have gotten rid of a bunch recently.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The points from my prescription refills have finally credited, so I'll be able to get a $100 gift card when I go to Sobeys next.

I'm working on my meal plan for the next week. I managed to accomplish some things on the computer this morning while twin boy napped (he started his day at 6am), and finally folded a basket of laundry.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had Ashlyn today -took her to Brantford to see peppa pig -free live in a small store -she was so excited (mind you the store was small and about 40 people were crammed in they should have had a spare room -I looked around at the items in this store tooo costly 8.99 for a hair barette-nope then we went to mcdonalds for her grilled cheese happy meal and we had egg mc muffin ,hashbrown coffee I asked if I could substitute a tea -no problem -I used a coupon for us -yummm
    -then in the afternoon -my hubby had a nap and Ashlyn and I made a small snowman complete with a few carrots in him -that got her excited too
    -relaxing this evening

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Had a hard time finding my fav. salad dressing - Renee's Feta but finally saw several and scooped up two of them. I just hope they don't get discontinued. Last night we went to see Kong - great movie in 3D. So glad the snow is finally starting to melt. The Bay has a Clinique gift with purchase on so I am going to stock up - two colour choices which is nice.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
    My mom and my son saw the movie as well, ds2 really enjoyed it but it's not my mom's cup of tea, oh well. Glad you enjoyed it and treated yourself.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good night everyone,

Wow today was 1 of those days where it seemed we were driving in circles.

We left at 915, drop ds1 off at 1015 to do his written exam for driving, then dh drove me to my appointment for 1030, then dh swung back to pickup ds1 after he was done his test, swung by to pick me up. Then to home depot for paint and other things again....sigh.....then 1.5 to my parents to pickup ds2, stayed for 45 minutes, then drove to another town to pickup a jersey for dh's co-worker, then back to home depot, circled back to town just before this 1 for dh's chiropractor, ran into sdm, then home at 545pm

SDM only had 1 bag of raspberries, grabbed it and asked for a raincheque for another 4. AND @Ciel I was disappointed that the blueberries were not included in sale price, they were $6.49 which I would never pay. They had strawberries but I don't like baking with strawberries so I passed on those.

I don't want to go out again for a while (haha).

Well I'm very disappointed with the lack of progress on the home renos and baking given all the appointments this week. I will admit I need to get things done in the am or they just won't get done, oh well.

Tomorrow I will be stripping the last of our trim which we will bring in, hoping to get atleast enough for 2 door ways. DH will paint and hopefully they will be installed before Monday (back to work).

Wishing everyone a great day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Can I please get opinions about Oktoberfest, Steakettes and Mini Sizzlers, and skinless wieners. How is the quality? Fatty? Salty? What can you tell me about them? I haven't purchased them before.
    Thank you in advance.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -actually I too don't like strawberries for baking. Fortino's did not have a visible tag on the wild blueberries (actually a whole shelf of prices was not visible, so I reached for the bag of berries with the sales tag and called it a win because I did not want to delay my redemption shop.

I need cake but don't have eggs. Am hitting my bag of 99 cents Sweet n Low clearance candies from Shoppers rather hard this evening.

I made sure to open a channel for meltwater as some was coming out of a downspout. Ms Sunshine melted snow like a charm today. Go on girl!

Was delighted to see the Havana themed plates in the Walmart flyer. May be inspired to see the actual wares in store tomorrow just as an excuse to get excited over brightly coloured plastic. Window-shopping only.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Can I please get opinions about Oktoberfest, Steakettes and Mini Sizzlers, and skinless wieners. How is the quality? Fatty? Salty? What can you tell me about them? I haven't purchased them before.
    Thank you in advance.
    Can hardly remember Steakettes (they probably shrink during pan frying) but Mini Sizzlers are salty, seasoned morning sausage goodness I was happy to eat with sliced bread and call it breakfast! Orange or apple juice might be good to have on the side.

Now I want some! Getting tired of Schneiders Red Hots everyday and sibling bought two more packages for me without asking me first. Sigh. Going to have quick cook oatmeal tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Can hardly remember Steakettes (they probably shrink during pan frying) but Mini Sizzlers are salty, seasoned morning sausage goodness I was happy to eat with sliced bread and call it breakfast! Orange or apple juice might be good to have on the side.

Now I want some! Getting tired of Schneiders Red Hots everyday and sibling bought two more packages for me without asking me first. Sigh. Going to have quick cook oatmeal tomorrow.
    So are Mini Sizzlers essentially breakfast sausages? I learned years ago that I don't like sage, but I'll still eat some things seasoned with it if I have to.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information