User Tag List

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village sent an e-mail. On Wednesday, Club Card members can get 75% off of jeans and pants purchased that day.

Have to see if I can get the laptop working without crashing.

Finally, it's officially spring! Cartwheel, cartwheel, skip, hopscotch, jump!
    @jasperandchar - project reno is humming along. Treat yourself tonight for all that paint removal-tough task but worthwhile.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I feel bad for spreading misinformation. Apparently DQ Canada is not participating in the free icecream cone day this year. They are doing the bogo 99c Blizzard instead.
    I'm sorry.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I made a new cookie recipe, I think they are great, I have froze 1/2 for another day (lunch snacks), I've got 6x 2 packs of cookies for lunch snacks this week and left 8 out for dessert. So I'm sure I'll get the taste test reviews. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested, I cooked the cookies for longer than suggested as they were way too soft but everyones ovens are different

https://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2016...r-cookies.html

Tomorrow I will be making a double batch of pecan pie muffins as the current recipe only makes 8. FOr those interested you can double the recipe but don't need to double the pecans
    The cookie critics have spoken, they're okay but don't make them again, try another recipe
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Value Village sent an e-mail. On Wednesday, Club Card members can get 75% off of jeans and pants purchased that day.

@jasperandchar - project reno is humming along. Treat yourself tonight for all that paint removal-tough task but worthwhile.
    Your post reminded me of my DS on Saturday. He was outside playing hockey in the driveway and then came into the house to find me (I was putting laundry away) He asked me if it was "Spring cleaning day" Haha! I told him it was a national day and you had to clean. He believed me lol. Then laughed when I told him people feel like "Spring cleaning" when the nice weather show up. Love my cute little monkey!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

I hope you find yourself some pants if needed, that's a great savings.

It's a long tidiest task but it's saved us so much $. The trim is original to the house and there is nothing remotely similar at the hardware stores so we just chug along as needed because we want all the trim in the house to match. We will have to place an order for the remaining trim after we are done installing what we have. Since dh and everyone will be focusing on outside projects once the snow is gone it may be best just to order the trim 1 month before needed otherwise it will just be in our way - time will tell.

I'm keeping my sanity by doing small manageable amounts at a time, today I stripped 3 long pieces, I still have 4 long and 4 (1/2 the size) which would be equal to 2 long ones. So I'll putter along as the week goes. Once done dh will sand them, add wood filler, sand and then I or he will paint them and then he can install.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, thriftygranny and J&C, for your info and suggestions.

Ciel - shipwreck casserole can be such a godsend sometimes because it's one of the few meals one can cook with raw ground meat - and I load other veggies into the mix (sneaking them in this way husband will eat them).

Great for days when I can't stand and cook at the stove - I can sit, prep all the veggies, put everything in a roaster, and shove it in the oven for a few hours - and it's yummy.
    I've tried it in the slowcooker, but it just doesn't come out the same. Some recipes just need to be cooked in the oven.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

All your exotic meat has me wanting lessons in your wisdom. I have a Marc Angelo chicken roast in the oven, lol. You will be impressed by my savings though. $12.99 regular, 50% coupon (BB today) plus $2 Peelie on in. $4.50 before tax. I picked up 50% garlic bread to go with it. Baked potatoes and brussel sprouts cooking too.

Foodland had a lot gluten free clearance. I stocked up. DH swore I spent over $200 with all I brought home. It was only $150 (but I did cash in $30 of Air Miles to help pay for the "stockpile" ... it's impossible to actually stockpile food items around here!).
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Mar 20th, 2017 at 05:29 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    All your exotic meat has me wanting lessons in your wisdom. I have a Marc Angelo chicken roast in the oven, lol. You will be impressed by my savings though. $12.99 regular, 50% coupon (BB today) plus $2 Peelie on in. $4.50 before tax. I picked up 50% garlic bread to go with it. Baked potatoes and brussel sprouts cooking too.

Foodland had a lot gluten free clearance. I stocked up. DH swore I spent over $200 with all I brought home. It was only $150 (but I did cash in $30 of Air Miles to help pay for the "stockpile" ... it's impossible to actually stockpile food items around here!).
    $4.50 for a chicken roast that's awesome.

GF is very expensive glad you were able to stockup.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Shoppers optimum promo points is down....again. I loaded more offers this morning, went shopping and no extra points and zero offers are listed. Unable to log in......and their lines are busy.

Did a few errands, got my clinique bonus in the mail but the regular product will be shipped later....thank goodness I have free shipping. Choose the spring colour and very happy - this is my little indulgence....as their products are expensive but last a long time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spring is here today! Beautiful blue sky and sunshine! Love it! Have confirmed with my mom that I am picking her up after I drop DS off at school and spending the day with her on Thursday. Time is flying by and I need to take the time to do this more often. I get tons of vacation time and do use it but seem to be taking willy nilly days in December to use it up. So now if I am stressed at work or just want to have a fun day I am taking it off!

Watching my credit card for 4 credits. 2 from Mark's that they couldn't ship the item from my order. 1 from Mark's on an item I returned to the store from my online order. And my deal on faux wood blinds I picked up at an out of town Walmart. Reg over $50 on for $20. But they were about an inch or 2 short Oh well wasn't meant to be) So $67.80 credit from them.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I stripped the 4 short pieces of wood trim.

Tonight will be chicken burgers w/ fries & gravy for supper and fresh muffins for dessert.

I've decided to push myself with the baking today, I will be making a double batch of Pecan pie muffins & a batch of choc. chip muffins. I will leave enough out for the rest of the weeks lunches and a few as dessert but the rest is going straight into the freezer for another day.

I've decided that I will create a "secret" facebook group for myself to have an online easy access to my go to recipes so that I don't have to go onto Pinterest, that will be a project for evenings.

I washed some curtains and they are hanging to dry. I will start another load of laundry once the curtains are dried.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took a stroll around Walmart on my lunch. Grabbed a few copies of the free Walmart magazine that just came out. Will read it this evening and cut out the coupons. Off to look at the upcoming sale flyers.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had both grankids today -whew-my daughter left for Toronto at 2.00 p.m she wanted to stay the 2 days to visit us plus she called rogers to complain today about her bill and they rectified it the problem she had
    -lovely out today I was missing my mom just now as Ashlyn was picked up at 3.30 by my son -my dear mom has been gone 4 years today didn't have time to think about it til now as 2 grandkids can keep you busy
    -supper tonight chicken cordon blu for me with salad ,kraft dinner for hubby

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom handed me three old Live Better magazines from last year-the Olympic yogurt coupon is good until May this year and she did not take out the Pantene sample (so I did)-to recycle last night. I took out the tortilla chip recipes for sibling to have his own copy.

I will take a look at pants tomorrow at Value Village @jasperandchar but do not have funds for any find. Not expecting to see much different than what I saw two weeks ago but there will be a mini-rant if I do see a good pair! Will see if I can convince Mom to take a look-she does not want pants but I feel she needs one pair (to go with her footwear and for cold nights).

I printed off a copy of the shipwreck casserole as it contains the main things Mom and Dad seem to like in a stew or casserole. Most of the ingredients tend to be on hand and I really want Mom to lose interest in eggplant or her versions of moussaka (not so tasty). I missed reading the part about not cooking the beef first, @Natalka , so yes this recipe has "gold star" pending status. The easier the better. I was watching a gardening segment on Twitter from BT Vancouver and I'd like to use some purple potatoes in the casserole (yes, I'm really keen on colours in casserole-purple vs red!)-there is a market vendor that sells that variety.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

All the posts about baking have me craving a cake or homemade sweet. Feel like a Cookie Monster mode is about to emerge. Delicious baking posts, btw!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information