User Tag List

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thank you everyone for your virtual caring! Yes Lilo I have read Rainbow Bridge many times, it is a beautiful piece, thanks for the reminder I will send get it for my husband to read, he has been tearing up all evening. Going to be a long day tomorrow, my older kids and families came this evening to say their good byes, and several of my son's friends that grew up with Oprah ( that's her name) are coming at noon tomorrow to say their good byes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My receipt for the Maple Leaf/Schneiders promotion was finally approved last night. I now have a $25 prepaid virtual credit card. Since I rarely shop online, I'm hoping that I can load a physical gift card to No Frills, Sobeys, or Wal-Mart.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! We woke up to freezing rain and are still under a freezing rain watch. We have hockey for the next 5 days. Lucky our out of town game is only 20 mins away. Tonight's date night will be in 2 parts. Dinner before the game and wine after

My house needs major cleaning. I started posting some things for sale. Pulled a waffle maker I bought used and never used and is taking space. 2 in line for it! So think I will start ripping the dining room apart and post stuff for sale as I go.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel I love reading about your walking finds
    @thriftygranny thinking of you today and again so sorry for the loss of your precious Labrador

So happy it's Friday, yes it can be said when you stay home

Beautiful snowy day here, I'm not anxious for the nice weather because that means the inside projects come to a halt and not much was done this past winter for many reasons and delays.

I'm hoping that the trim is installed before the nice weather and hoping that the Vestibule (entryway is gutted, re-insulated and drywall put up). That's what I'm hoping. The mudding and painting for that area can be done on the next little while because it's a very long process for dh as he hates mudding) or tackled on rainy days.

If both these projects (trim & vestibule) are tackled before dh heads outside that would mean our projects are all caught up (a girl can dream).

Load of towels are washed and hanging to dry

I've done up my grocery lists for various stores, I will be sending dh next week to FB as they have a lot of great bargains. GT also has great bargains....

Wishing everyone a great day & weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Thank you everyone for your virtual caring! Yes Lilo I have read Rainbow Bridge many times, it is a beautiful piece, thanks for the reminder I will send get it for my husband to read, he has been tearing up all evening. Going to be a long day tomorrow, my older kids and families came this evening to say their good byes, and several of my son's friends that grew up with Oprah ( that's her name) are coming at noon tomorrow to say their good byes.
    I got all teary eyed reading your post since obviously has made quite an impression on many family members and friends (hugs)
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF! We woke up to freezing rain and are still under a freezing rain watch. We have hockey for the next 5 days. Lucky our out of town game is only 20 mins away. Tonight's date night will be in 2 parts. Dinner before the game and wine after

My house needs major cleaning. I started posting some things for sale. Pulled a waffle maker I bought used and never used and is taking space. 2 in line for it! So think I will start ripping the dining room apart and post stuff for sale as I go.
    I hope you had a lovely time with your mom yesterday
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our son to SARCAN this morning. We got $5.90 for our collection, 1/2 of it was picked up off the streets while walking. Any milk containers with expiry dates of April 1 and beyond will now have a deposit that can be collected at SARCANs in Saskatchewan.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I hope you had a lovely time with your mom yesterday
    Thank-you I did. Will do it more often for sure!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

both my green bin and blue bins are busted form the garbage guys tossing them on frozen concrete all winter so I bought new ones to the tune of $100. before using I called my region and they said they replace them for free and recycle the old ones so yay me, just saved money and the environment as I did not want them to just become garbage
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thank-you I did. Will do it more often for sure!
    glad to hear it

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    both my green bin and blue bins are busted form the garbage guys tossing them on frozen concrete all winter so I bought new ones to the tune of $100. before using I called my region and they said they replace them for free and recycle the old ones so yay me, just saved money and the environment as I did not want them to just become garbage
    that's awesome @lilo0003

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    You make a good point about getting the old containers recycled but I noticed I have to put a huge note in black marker on the old blue boxes in order for the collection crew to take them on the truck. I'm not sure I'd attempt recycling the green cart when its time comes to be replaced. Easier to break down the cart and bag and tag it. Though if the wheels remain useful, I'd like to attach them to my little shopping cart as the wheels are much bigger and wider (the little wheels probably will get through part of 2017 before failing me).

Since I dislike the deeper blue boxes that the City of Hamilton provides, once the current blue one and the gold one (backup box) get too damaged for use, I'm going to Cdn Tire for the shallower and darker blue boxes. The green cart is holding together about 10 years later but it too may need replacing (a crack on one side) and given the weight of branches of various diameters, I'm expecting the thing to fall apart one fine collection day. But-I absolutely believe in wiping down the blue box with a Lysol wipe or damp sponge with dish detergent to keep it fresh and the occasional wash and bleach rinse for the green cart. I pass many containers on my walks and do not understand how some residents can live with compost like interiors on their blue and green bins (not to mention the odours) all-year round.

I envy the Peel Region residents who can get cartlid pickup of their expired or depleted batteries-nice service if you cannot dispose of them at a local municipal centre or store!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Walmart Live Better spring issue has 10 ways to use cornflakes (@jasperandchar, two baking ideas)-handy as Dad has three boxes of cornflakes so maybe I can put some to use, Taco Tuesday meal ideas, road safety for cyclists and oral care article. Clipping out coupons and recipes right now. There's a cauliflower and chicken "fried" rice recipe as well. Masthead on back inside cover does not indicate next issue date yet tiny print states the magazine is published by Rogers 8x per year. We'll see-am thinking this magazine will become more seasonal (every 3 months).

Sky cannot make mind up to be overcast or sunny but the windy is warmer than most of the week. Will give a flowerbed some handraking attention. Sure wish the raccoons stay out of it. The cayenne pepper from last week is likely washed out by now and I noticed new holes by the coons for grubs on one side of the lawn by house. On my walk along a sidewalk, one dirt bank with pines had so many snail shells (whitish gray) visible on the surface. Not sure is this a time for them to appear or was it the weather that prompted so many (about 50) to be visible.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wasn't going to do shopping till Sunday but figured I better hit RCSS today if I wanted to take advantage of the Spend $20 in produce section receive 4000 PC pts (before everything was gone- pming items)

Did well I think:

$1.99 Romaine hearts x 2 (GT)
    2.00 mini watermelon (NF)
    .57 LB bananas
    1.47 Cantaloupe x 2 (WM)
    $2 LB for asparagus
    $1. LB Gala apples (NF)
    $2 for bag of mini red potatoes
    .39 lime (coronas in our future)

I had a few items I was just buying to get over $20 mark- My order was $19.99 lol so added the lime to get over $20 and told the cashier I didn't want the lemon or tomatoes (wasn't needed ASAP)

I also finally found the $1 off Classico pasta sauce that are on for $2 at No Frills again this week. Woohooooo! The alfredo sauce is a staple for us (we add lots to make it better since making it homemade would cost us $20 so a deal for us!)
    The $1 white and chocolate milk is awesome this week too at No Frills! Happy with my shop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks Frugalmama I didn't know there were new $1 Classico sauce coupons out again. I haven't been able to find those or regular Smuckers jam coupons in my community, both of which I'm looking to trade for.

Tonight's supper plan is chicken and mushroom Alfredo with speghittini. Today is dh's last day of work before he starts his two weeks of holidays. No travel plans and Dh will be recovering from surgery part of the time.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information