User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: assaulted on TTC again

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this stupid women stepped right on top of my foot as she was exiting the subway train

the left her dirty imprint right on top of my boot

i didn't have time to react at this point

took me off guard and she just took off up the stairs

it's always a female who pushes, shoves , trips me

this is assault!! i feel so helpless

this stranger got away with doing this to me!! WTF

i just have to rant as this was very upsetting to me
    This thread is currently associated with: Subway
    Last edited by couponlady; Mon, Apr 3rd, 2017 at 07:25 AM.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I feel your pain. Last week I experienced this at Union Station- got hit in the face by this lady's purse when she went past me on the go train

People think because it's so crowded they don't have to take any accountability for their actions.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Some people call it assault, everyone else would call it an accident. You think she should be shot just because she stepped on your foot? Nice. That's really nice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hate to say it but women are the worst! Just don't seem to care about anyone else.
    Vote for Dave, Dave is the rave. He is a boy honest and fine Davey can turn all your water to wine, got that certain something every one should have gettin round to diggin yourself.

Coupon Queen!!
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Its not assault, its an accident or carelessness. The subways are busy and there are tons of people everywhere. This is why I drive. My husband works for the TTC and he is actually assaulted by people, and have seen actual assaults happen on the TTC. But someone stepping on your foot isn't assault, and that person does not deserve to be shot for that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in agreement here... assault implies intent. If she looked right at you and then willfully aimed at your foot and stepped on it, perhaps that would be assault. But accidentally stepping on your foot on a crowded subway or in a tight space is an accident.

Not acknowledging it or apologizing might be considered rude... but that's if she even noticed she did it in the first place.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you gotta take a breather on this one. It was an accident. Maybe rude, but not intentional nor assault. She didn't run up to you and stomp on your foot, look you in the face and then run away.

It was an accident. Let it go. People get bumped and nudged and trod on in tight quarters.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm in agreement with some of the previous posters that it was more likely an accident than anything else.

Now if she had been wearing heels and grinding one of them into your boot or several seconds or long....Had that one happen once...laugh was on her. I was wearing steel toe capped safety shoes.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Is your foot ok, @frugal50 ?
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davetherave View Post
    Hate to say it but women are the worst! Just don't seem to care about anyone else.
    I agree with you 100% Dave .. I Never hear men saying things like women ..sure seems like women are always in rush .. they don't care what they do to other women .. would knock them down and walk over them like welcome mat .. people have no consideration for other people what so ever.. very rude .. I always say what u don't want done to yourself don't do to others .
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am in full agreement with you, Newfie. The take away lesson here is the Golden Rule.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    I agree with you 100% Dave .. I Never hear men saying things like women ..sure seems like women are always in rush .. they don't care what they do to other women .. would knock them down and walk over them like welcome mat .. people have no consideration for other people what so ever.. very rude .. I always say what u don't want done to yourself don't do to others .
    Come to my home! The house of three bros and [awesome] dad and I will make this opinion change within 5 sec. Guaranteed!!!
    Ciel, Cake and dededi like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the OP was just venting her frustration using the TTC and is commenting on the lack of consideration. Perhaps assault wasn't the correct use of the word and should be reserved for more serious situations, however she was just ranting and perhaps wanted to vent her frustration in a judgement free zone.
    I hope you're OK OP.
    Last edited by ashp; Tue, Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's the price to pay to live in cities, unfortunately. (Unless you move to Japan, I suppose)

When I moved to Toronto, I was most surprised by the number of aggressive mothers. I was frequently assaulted by moms. One just straight up ran her stroller over my feet - both of them. I looked back said, "Hey!" She look at me with not an ounce of empathy, like "I have kids. I don't care about you." Her husband was horrified, but wants to keep having sex with her, so he didn't apologize. He turned his head looking at me, looking at her, looking back at me. He didn't say a word, and just looked at me, "I know. That was crazy. And I go home with THAT."

It has happened 4 times in the past 5 years. On top of tall men cutting me in lines... This is why I don't buy the Canadians are nice bullshirt.
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Mon, Apr 10th, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post

When I moved to Toronto, I was most surprised by the number of aggressive mothers. I was frequently assaulted by moms. One just straight up ran her stroller over my feet - both of them. I looked back said, "Hey!" She look at me with not an ounce of empathy, like "I have kids. I don't care about you." Her husband was horrified, but wants to keep having sex with her, so he didn't apologize. He turned his head looking at me, looking at her, looking back at me. He didn't say a word, and just looked at me, "I know. That was crazy. And I go home with THAT."
    i think that is the real reason why the jogging stroller is soo popular now a days.. with the single wheel front point of them it's almost like a garden plow to push your way through.. something you couldn't do as well with a traditional stroller, i've seen many an aggressive stroller pusher who feels that they should have the right of way because they have a stroller and if they don't get the right of way they push their way through
    princessjen likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information