User Tag List

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

All 3 of our young kids have a cold, stuffy/runny nose and cough. Dh and I were both up a lot last night with the twins because they were uncomfortable and mouth breathing. I'll be going to church alone this morning, we try to avoid sharing germs with others, especially the older people at our church.

I ended up folding and putting away a total of 5 loads of laundry yesterday, so we are basically all caught up. I'm thinking about washing some bedding next.

We are having moose steak steak with fresh mushrooms for supper tonight. I still need to meal plan for the week. Easy ideas currently include roast chicken, fozen pizza, sausage with perogies and frozen veggies, and pre-cooked meatballs.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slow cooker curry chili today. Great fragrance through the house. First time using slow cooker. Want to see how it turns out and how the hydro looks.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I peeled and cubed the butternut squash that has been staying too long in one basket and the aroma
    as it baked with oil, spices and garlic was marvelous! One hour is enough time with aluminum foil and rimmed baking sheet to make the cubes soft enough to eat (I also used parchment paper to minimize any stuck-on bits on the sheet).
    Will wait until tomorrow to cook another pot of lentil stew in the morning-it'll be enough for a few bowls during the week.
    Have to check for spoiled items in fridge. Tossed a hummus dip and container of cooked spaghetti that was forgotten.

The windy and wet weather is great for making me want tea each day. Off to make a cup right now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Yesterday we did a large grocery shop after church, felt good to get a lot of much needed items in the house again. I spend quite a bit but was extremely please with the amount of meat and items that we don't purchase often.

The plan is to send dh to Food basics this week but we'll see, it's not do or die and I know he's tired & sore at the end of the day so we'll see how the week progresses.

I'm supposed to make partridge balls (aka chicken balls) for supper but to be honest I'm exhausted (lol) so it may be a quick pizza and St. Huberts chicken pie instead

I'm waiting to see if dh will be doing some sanding this afternoon or not before I put a load of laundry in the wash, don't to hang them if there will be tons of dust.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -the Harper government had made an announcement about the SIN being a non-card item. Not sure how sturdy a piece of paper is going to be for ID purposes at a bank or the pension division, etc. Maybe a pageholder if the page is lettersize will extend its useful life. Not sure if the Cdn government still offers metal SIN cards for sale.
    As for why your colleagues don't hear from you-well, the home life depends on you. Once you can plan time for them, everyone at home will have to be content with their roles and be fine with your absence. You'll be back in less than 8 months and have to let work know in 6 months' time. At least you are off this summer-should be a good time to connect.
    Thanks for the update on the frequency of the Peel Region battery pickup. Thought it was available weekly to residents.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. Has been a very productive day. Whites in the dryer now then another load to dry. Did bedding and beds made with fresh sheets. Finally opened my new bedding and pillows purchased from Sears a few weeks ago. Lots of garbage and recycling put out.
    Dinner is done and kitchen cleaned up. Early tonight since we have an out of town hockey game tonight.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Slow cooker curry chili today. Great fragrance through the house. First time using slow cooker. Want to see how it turns out and how the hydro looks.
    curious how it went? I too have a new slow cooker that I have not used yet.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

G'day, all - hope everyone is doing well!

I made venison/pork meatballs for supper - and they were a big hit; my men just loved them and so did I! I had first fried up a bit of the plain venison just so we all could taste it - and found there was nothing mixed in with it.
    We had the meatballs with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, veggies, and salad - so just a great meal.
    Lots of food left, so that will go home with our son.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel : I missed the Harper government announcement. I thought I saw something about it taking effect in September 2016, so I may have been a few months too late.

Did you mention you were close to a Fortinos? There is a battery collection in the one near me, at customer service. Also at Fortinos, they are giving out scratch cards for PC points! I've had two cards with $1 each in them.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    curious how it went? I too have a new slow cooker that I have not used yet.
    Very well! In the end all veg and meat was cooked fine. Quite tasty. Spices a tad harsh and missing some depth of flavour but that may be the recipe. Have some slow cooker cook books which will try next. I was surprised that it all cooked but in the end it was cooked just fine.

Will know hydro use in a couple of days when Sunday shows up on the portal. It will be mixed with laundry and baking brownies
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Mar 27th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: I missed the Harper government announcement. I thought I saw something about it taking effect in September 2016, so I may have been a few months too late.
    Our twins were born in 2015 and we were only given the paper SIN that fall for both of them from a Service Canada location.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our power bill is down about $10 a month, we think it is most ly due to our new tv vs our old plasma one. Our son is now tall enough to be able to turn on and off the bathroom and bedroom lights. This means that we no longer have to leave the bathroom light on. 24/7 for him. We only keep one energy efficient light bulb on in the light fixture that holds four. We have a second energy efficient bulb that we screw in when we want more light.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yesterday went back to winners to get a few more pkgs of the super soft socks I got a week ago 2 prs for 5.00 but alas none left ,I did get a lovely body wash for 3.00 and a fisher price set of 6 puzzles 3.00 for Ashlyn for xmas (they are the cardboard ones )
    -treated hubby to harveys last night used caa card to get 2 can dine for 10.49 of course he upgrated to a milkshake and I had a 5.00 giftcard from schneiders lunchmate city program =7.97 total

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: I missed the Harper government announcement. I thought I saw something about it taking effect in September 2016, so I may have been a few months too late.

Did you mention you were close to a Fortinos? There is a battery collection in the one near me, at customer service. Also at Fortinos, they are giving out scratch cards for PC points! I've had two cards with $1 each in them.
    Yes, my local Fortinos store has a battery collection barrel at one entrance of the store (happened to notice I have some more batteries to deposit in the barrel today). I have not tried the PC Plus scratch card contest yet. I made sure to get the coupon booklet-only saw one batch of them on display last week.

Here is one of the links to the SIN card in paper format change articles: http://canadabusiness.ca/blog/servic...c-sin-cards-1/

Change made for security reasons: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...identify-theft
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Mar 27th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel where are the coupon booklets at Fortinos? I was there yesterday and did not see any or get a scratch card. For some reason the one in Burlington never seems to have promotions. I wonder if it is decided by each store?

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information